• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Micron Filtering Mega Thread and FAQ

I don't use drugs intravenously.. But I need to remove the fillers and binders from my adderall so I have a pure amphet to sniff.. is this what I need to so the extrcation

It sure is. :)

A micron filter, a syringe, and something to catch the solution coming out of the micron filter is all you would really need for your purposes.

An oral syringe for IN use would be useful too. ;)

How necessary is it to buy sterile filters, compared to factory sealed ones without the sterility label?

The Cpt. has already addressed this. Did you read through the entire thread? I know that's a lot of posts, but it'd be wise to do so. ;)

Also, can someone explain the difference between Bacteriostatic Sodium Chloride and Bacteriostatic Sterile Water? If i had to guess it would be bacteriostatic water with NaCl added to make it the same salt concentration as blood but i have no idea. is there any reason i shouldn't inject with Bacteriostatic Sterile Water?

Also, can someone explain the difference between Bacteriostatic Sodium Chloride and Bacteriostatic Sterile Water? If i had to guess it would be bacteriostatic water with NaCl added to make it the same salt concentration as blood but i have no idea. is there any reason i shouldn't inject with Bacteriostatic Sterile Water?

You're correct; the NaCl is to reflect the blood's salt levels. It's especially good for those of us who do a lot of IV injections.

what can injecting straight water do to you in the longterm? i've got years of daily iv use under my belt, should i be worried? any reports of the benefits of using NaCl in your injecting solution?

also, what do you all think about IM suboxone? i had heard it was far more harmful to your health than iv but soon i'm going to start micron filtering my suboxone and wondered if it would be safe to IM (summers not far off and i'd like to be able to wear short sleeves :) ) . and whats a healthy intramuscular hit? i heard somewhere don't go over 1ml but would less be safer?

what can injecting straight water do to you in the longterm? i've got years of daily iv use under my belt, should i be worried? any reports of the benefits of using NaCl in your injecting solution?

also, what do you all think about IM suboxone? i had heard it was far more harmful to your health than iv but soon i'm going to start micron filtering my suboxone and wondered if it would be safe to IM (summers not far off and i'd like to be able to wear short sleeves :) ) . and whats a healthy intramuscular hit? i heard somewhere don't go over 1ml but would less be safer?

I think bacteriostatic NaCl is more for the people who are worse off than me, the people who are rich, can sit around in bed with an IV drip set up, and push tons and tons of vials every day.

Those people are 1) totally spoiled, 2) what the Cpt. would have aspired to before his dreams of getting off of IV drugs all together, and 3) should quit before I do based on the severity of their IV happiness. =D I don't judge though. If you're reading this, do your thing, I'm not going to say it's a bad thing. =D

But for real. I thought about it. Some people ask me, Cpt. do you think you're "addicted to the needle"? Hell no. I used to IV buprenorphine multiple times per day (at least 6 or 8, sometimes more!). I have only done two IM shots of buprenorphine today and look forward to getting off of it all together.

Other people, were much worse than I ever was, and probably literally have a thing of lactated ringers like my cat did when she experienced liver failure, they probably have it hooked up to one of those 33G 1/2" TSK Japan needles I bought, and they have the port where they just do their micron filtering, in bed (just like the Cpt showed them how to =D) and just put it right in the port where the fluid is already going in them.

But am I going to judge that? No. Everyone has things they like, so I'm not going to judge someone if all they do is sit and bed and micron filter drugs all day. It (micron filtering drugs, and then using them) is kinda fun. ;)

Hmm, just found an interesting offer @ Exchange Supplies:

5 microns, how does that translates in relation to 0.2µm?

1µm = 1 micron. so the pores of the sterifilt would be 25 times larger than the pores of a 0.2µm micron filter. the sterifilts are great harm reduction tools in my opinion but better suited for street drugs like heroin. It's better (and certainly more consistant) than a rolled up ball of cotton but when you're trying to get some of the harmful chemicals found in pills out of your solution a micron filter is really all that will work.

Last edited:
What about Methadone. I know...I know, 100% oral bioavailability. Ive heard both sides of you can and cannot get a rush from IV Methadone. Well...its all Im prescribed. Im on 10mg 4xday for Chronic pain. Id be bed ridden without it cause I could not walk. Well, tolerance is a bitch and it prevents the Methadone from being an effevtive pain med. Thats a whole other argument, I know. Well, Im goin with CH and doin it exactly that way. I also have another site I cant think of right now that is a whiz at IV Methadone and his tech is the same pretty much and the Capt. I will do it at my own risk. Its not a question of if....but safety. Any tips on Methadone would be great. Please reserve yourself if you wanna tell me Im stupid. I can neither confirm or deny that!! Thanks.

Hey, which size wheel filter (if any) can filter out the magnesium stearate found in Dilaudid?

What about Methadone. I know...I know, 100% oral bioavailability. Ive heard both sides of you can and cannot get a rush from IV Methadone. Well...its all Im prescribed. Im on 10mg 4xday for Chronic pain. Id be bed ridden without it cause I could not walk. Well, tolerance is a bitch and it prevents the Methadone from being an effevtive pain med. Thats a whole other argument, I know. Well, Im goin with CH and doin it exactly that way. I also have another site I cant think of right now that is a whiz at IV Methadone and his tech is the same pretty much and the Capt. I will do it at my own risk. Its not a question of if....but safety. Any tips on Methadone would be great. Please reserve yourself if you wanna tell me Im stupid. I can neither confirm or deny that!! Thanks.

Make sure you use the micron filters, and try to ascertain that the methadone you are getting are tablets, or clear solution with just methadone in water.

How necessary is it for something to be sterile before you shoot it up in your veins?? I'd say it's pretty fucking necessary. You can't put a price on your health.

I'm left with the impression you didn't read my post. At least, you didn't address any of the details that mattered.

Cap'n, I read the whole thread previously, and skimmed every page again just now. I found three posts that are even close to relevant. Two advocate re-using a filter over using fresh cotton. I think it's fair to assume factory sealed, unused filters are preferred over formerly sterile, used filters. This doesn't say much.

The third relevant post was from you, actually:
In this case, "sterile" refers to them being individually wrapped, and "non-sterile" would refer to the fact that they are not. When they are individually wrapped, it guarantees that they are sterile.

I inquired about this before writing my original post. All of the suppliers I spoke with said that the unlabeled/non-specified ones were non-sterile. Various types of packaging: bulk plastic container, bulk bag, individual bags.

Most places fail to specify 'sterile'. Individual packaging [alone] can't guarantee that, either. This leads me to believe that most people use non-sterile filters without issue. I was trying to solicit specific feedback for the reasons I've already listed.

I have had good luck with both the sterile, individually wrapped ones, and the bulk bag of non-sterile ones. Since you are springing for filters, just get the sterile ones.
The way you keep from re-using filters is (with anything except heroin) to make up large batches in bacteriostatic water at one time.

A .2 micron filter will be fine for the magnesium stereate in dilaudid.

I get Methadone tablets 10mg. Dont understand your post. Clear solution with just methadone in it?

re-using filters isn't ideal but is definitely better than cotton ALL the time. bacteriostatic h2o or saline is equally important. a good way to conserve filters is to cotton filter your solution BEFORE micron-ing it. if you're having trouble pushing a solution through your micron, push warm h2o through it then pull back and while holding the barrel back, twist off the filter... again this is NOT ideal but is FAR better than mere cotton filtering.

Closeau, if you are shooting pills, a micron filter should be sufficient. It is impossible to make methadone syrup safe because it has sugar in it, and dextrose/ sucrose/ etc (sugar) is very soluble in water.

Check out our A to Z ingredients (search it, I can't link you as I am on a mobile device) thread in Other Drugs, which was one of c.h.s awesome projects to find out what your methadone contains, to make sure there are no soluble fillers or binders.

One of the reasons I am so against injecting suboxone is that it comes with sugar and flavoring which is soluble and passes right through a micron. This is borne out by a glance at the case studies thread, where the majority of abcesses come from shooting suboxone or methadone syrup.

I have a question about using multiple micron filters to extract all impurities from the heavy-duty 'tamper proof' opiates like opana or jurnista that include polyethylene oxide and lots of other bullshit.

Would it be best to run the solution through multiple micron filters, gradually getting to a smaller filter size? I've read that jurnistas clog up the .22 filters. Captain Heroin, I've read the FAQ you did (which was amazing) and was looking at the Whatman that include multiple sizes all in one filter, which attaches to the syringe itself and is designed so it can only be used once.

I know that officially there is no safe way to IV pills but ideally, what do you recommend for someone who is ultra-concerned about having no impurities - only opiods - in the IV solution? $$$ is not an issue :)

I have a question about using multiple micron filters to extract all impurities from the heavy-duty 'tamper proof' opiates like opana or jurnista that include polyethylene oxide and lots of other bullshit.

Would it be best to run the solution through multiple micron filters, gradually getting to a smaller filter size? I've read that jurnistas clog up the .22 filters. Captain Heroin, I've read the FAQ you did (which was amazing) and was looking at the Whatman that include multiple sizes all in one filter, which attaches to the syringe itself and is designed so it can only be used once.

I know that officially there is no safe way to IV pills but ideally, what do you recommend for someone who is ultra-concerned about having no impurities - only opiods - in the IV solution? $$$ is not an issue :)

Start with compressed cotton (50um pores), or even not compressed cotton (> 50um pores).

If $$$ is not an issue, you are lucky. ;)

Get some pall brand filters, start with 5 um, then go to 1 um, 0.8 um, 0.2um, I'd even get the somewhat pricey 0.02um ones for all that bullshit-filled pills you all have to deal with for the -morphones. =D

The filters I buy GD/X whatmans... have 10, 1, 0.8, and 0.2 um layers. The 10/1/0.8 is the pre-filter.

@Captain Heroin so by the time the solution is filtered through the .02um filter it should - theoretically - be a completely pure solution of just the opioid and the saline water? I said price isn't an option because new arms aren't cheap... so it's worth it to be 99.99999% sure it's pure as pure can be.

@Captain Heroin so by the time the solution is filtered through the .02um filter it should - theoretically - be a completely pure solution of just the opioid and the saline water? I said price isn't an option because new arms aren't cheap... so it's worth it to be 99.99999% sure it's pure as pure can be.

Theoretically.

You'll have to do all the research yourself, though. Inactive Ingredients A to Z, this thread, etc. will get you far. %)