• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Micron Filtering Mega Thread and FAQ

Does any one know if micron filters will filter out unwanted additives from an oral solution?

Does any one know if micron filters will filter out unwanted additives from an oral solution?

It would vary depending on what the additives are. Without more info any answers would likely just be speculation.
Perhaps with more information regarding the solution & additives BL might be able to give you a more accurate answer.

thanks to great tutorial, i tried for 1st time ever not to heat my abbott 8mg d's. I did however crush them and put into 3cc LL syringe. where trouble started for me. i couldnt replace plunger w/d's inside barrell. any suggestions. had to resort to 2 spoons w /micron filter, TINY amount of heat because I couldnt shake it.
also had little trouble drawing up w/ filter on.
help, from someone who is new to harm reduction, old to the game.
anyone know sterile water ratio to 8mg brand D's? trying not to toss filter away after 1 shot, want to make larger amount.
AA

I can put up to 32mg of Dilaudid in one mL of water easily.

You gotta put the powder in the syringe, push the plunger back on, then draw up some sterile water, then shake, screw the micron on, push the solution through into a vial, then draw out of your vial.

i have to ask, how do you put your 4 - 8mg. of powder into your 3cc syringe? it coated the barrell badly so i couldnt replace plunger. dry powder was impossible to plunge down to bottom so i could draw any water. this is the hardest part so far.
thanks for the help
AA

I use a new, dry 3mL syringe, and just dump the powder in, let it fall to the bottom, then replace the plunger.

Hello guys I am new to these forums and it may take a little bit to get used to how they are setup. I am prescribed 16mg of Suboxone per day and CANNOT stand the taste of them. For the past 2 months I had been snorting them. I would definatly like to try them I.V style though. I have been on Subs for about a year and a half. Before the subs I used 400-500mg per of Oxy and Fentynal patches all I.V
One question that I had was while preparing the Subs for I.V do I need to use heat like a Purdue brand OC? Is the process pretty much the same?

do not add heat, and if you are going to IV them, you absolutely need a filter
I shot unfiltered suboxone for 9 months and collapsed way too many veins

I used micron filter 2x in 24 hrs by accident.. I know its not good, but I dont have major problem do I?
thanks

Micron Filtering Mega Thread and FAQ

WARNING : Do NOT inject bacteriostatic water by itself. Intravenous injection of Bacteriostatic Water for Injection without a solute may result in hemolysis. You can read up on hemolysis here.​

Thank you for a very thorough and informative thread!

Does the above qute mean that you dilute the prepared solution before using after you have prepared the stored vial. If so, what is the proportion of prepared Bacteriostatic solution to regular sterile water to avoid hemolysy.

Thank you for a very thorough and informative thread!

Does the above qute mean that you dilute the prepared solution before using after you have prepared the stored vial. If so, what is the proportion of prepared Bacteriostatic solution to regular sterile water to avoid hemolysy.

I often wondered that myself.

Good question. I just wouldn't inject it by itself, as long as there's an amount of drugs in the solution you intend to do, I'm sure you'd be fine.

If you wanted to be safe, you can dilute it with sterile water without benzyl alcohol in it. :)

I often wondered that myself.

Good question. I just wouldn't inject it by itself, as long as there's an amount of drugs in the solution you intend to do, I'm sure you'd be fine.

If you wanted to be safe, you can dilute it with sterile water without benzyl alcohol in it. :)

Thanks for the quick response! I suppose if it doesn't burn like heck all is well. I just wasn't sure if in the suboxone example, the final solution was just the pills and bacteriostatic water or if there was sterile water added. I suppose adding sterile water would be ideal, but just dilutes and adds vials and steps. The FDA reports only claim that the final solution should reach a isotonic state, but haven't found any details on exactly what that means or how one would figure it out.

Micron Filtering Mega Thread and FAQ

WARNING : Do NOT inject bacteriostatic water by itself. Intravenous injection of Bacteriostatic Water for Injection without a solute may result in hemolysis. You can read up on hemolysis here.​

I came across this bacteriostatic water with sodium chloride to make it an isotonic solution which I believe negates the warning about not injecting bacteriostatic water by itself for those as paranoid as me.
NSFW:
Capture.jpg

Last edited:
Finally planning to implement the micron filtering into my shootup routine -- just a couple of questions, sorry if those been addressed earlier.

Just how much water would be a reasonable amount for a 1g of amphetamine? Although I been injecting for years, I'm now struggling to find a proper ratio. The quality of the drug varies a lot so I'm normally adjusting my dose accordingly -- the substance dosing that is, not the water which is constantly 40-50mils per shot. Now I'll have to learn to adjusting the volume of solution instead..

I was also wondering about the presealed vials: do I really have to use 2 syringes each time I'm after a shot? One with a thick needle to draw the solution from the vial, and other with a fine needle for the actual injection.. What's the most convenient process of getting the solution from vial to insulin syringe you can think of?

Hmm, just found an interesting offer @ Exchange Supplies:
Developed by Apothicom, the sterifilt is the world's first purpose made single-use filter for illicit drugs. The polypropelene membrane filters particles but retains virtually no drug.

s314_sterifilt.jpg

The sterifilt is a CE marked sterile medical device. It has a plastic body which fits onto the syringe, over the needle. At the bottom there is a hi-tech polypropylene membrane that forms the filter.

The filter is welded to the sterifilt by using ultrasound waves that melt the plastic around the full circumference of the sterifilt, before the filter is applied and trimmed.

Every sterifilt is carefully checked before packing to ensure the filter is properly welded.

The sterifilt has been shown in laboratory studies conducted by Jenny Scott at the University of Bath to remove 90% of the particles measuring less than 5 microns, and 99% of all particles greater than 5 microns from the solution.

The sterifilt has been tested with brown heroin, white heroin, cocaine and many types of crushed tablets and has been shown to be an effective filter that stops particles being drawn through, but does not retain the drug.

5 microns, how does that translates in relation to 0.2µm?

I am curious whether or not this method would work with the suboxone strips? I have been switched from the pills and have been injecting the suboxone films with only filtering with cotton. This has been seriously damaging my veins and i would like to start using this method but i do not want to spend $50 on all the stuff i need to do it without knowing whether or not it will work with strips. Has anyone tried this? Pleas let me know as I would like to get the supplies ordered asap. Thank you.

I am curious whether or not this method would work with the suboxone strips? I have been switched from the pills and have been injecting the suboxone films with only filtering with cotton. This has been seriously damaging my veins and i would like to start using this method but i do not want to spend $50 on all the stuff i need to do it without knowing whether or not it will work with strips. Has anyone tried this? Pleas let me know as I would like to get the supplies ordered asap. Thank you.

I filter the 8mg films myself with this method. You definitely want to use a 0.22um filter layer on these, but if your technique is correct and you don't overtax a single micron filter, you're good to go.

I filter the 8mg films myself with this method. You definitely want to use a 0.22um filter layer on these, but if your technique is correct and you don't overtax a single micron filter, you're good to go.

OK, so I should get .22um filters instead of .20un and do less per filter. How many strips could I filter in one filter using 30ml of water and everything else the same? Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

OK, so I should get .22um filters instead of .20un and do less per filter. How many strips could I filter in one filter using 30ml of water and everything else the same? Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

Normally 0.2 is just an abbreviated way to notate someone has 0.22um layer filters. :)

I can put 2-3 strips past a filter easily (the Whatman GD/X filters, which have a 3-layered pre-filter built in) - if you're using cotton to filter before the micron, you could probably do 3-5 if not more.