• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Micron Filtering Mega Thread and FAQ

Hey Capt.. after filtering through a micron filter if I disconnect the syringe suck some air into it and purge the filter with either air or water... am I then pushing the filtered content through back into the solution... some of it at least? Or are these two practices harmless?

As long as you're pushing water / air through the luer lock side and not backwards then no you are not getting any of the filtered out crap in your solution.

I don't know if it does anything but I always run or dip my cotton in clean water prior to dropping it in the spoon or cooker. It was explained to me that since the cotton is saturated once it is placed in your solution it is less likely to absorb your solution making you able to recieve most of the shot as possible instead of losing some (however little of an amount that may be, we are junkies after all lol every little bit counts) to the cotton. It makes sense to me and may be more superstition or whatever but whatever i can do to get the most out of my hard earned money. The ish aint cheap these days ya feel me?

^ this isn't about cotton filters. it's for micron filters. cotton at best can only filter out 50um particles while micron filters can filter out .2um particles (huge difference)

Ahh I thought inside they still had cotton I was just throwing my 2 cents in on saturating the fiber prior to extracting your solution. I know one guy who used these filters I've never seen them before. They look cool and safe though I may have to try them.

Yes it is normal to saturate cotton balls as well as wheel filters so they do not soak up the 'precious' solution. Air purging wheel filters can get the last bit of solution out at the end too. Although with wheel filters you must be careful to maintain a steady low pressure to the plunger so you do not damage any of the filtering layers.

So I'm going to double micron filter my solutin. But I dont have an attachable needle for the luer lock. So cant I just use a normal insulin syringe draw it up through cotton, then push the water back out, then heres my questions..

Can I put the micron filter on the luer lock and draw up the solution, then remove the micron filter, ad the last micron and shoot out the solution, then draw it back up through the normal insulin syringe. Or is it better to filter it by pushing it out of the syringe both times?

i believe they only filter right when pushed through not drawn up, if you get what i mean.

i don't know for sure tho, i haven't tried doing that being 1 micron has always been more than enough

Well I got a .02 micron filter, your saying I should just use that and a cotton? I just figured methadone pills had a lot more binders and fillers then normal pills like dilauladid. Is it best to get a needle to attach to the syringe/detach for filtering through the cotton then detach the needle and filter with the micron.

Or should I just use the normal insulin syringe needle for the cotton then draw up the solution through a the luer lock and micron filter it. I know i'm making this really complicated lol, I just want to make sure I get this right.

If you were to micron filter your substance it into a sealed vial, how much time would it last suspended in distilled water? What would you add to prolong its durability to the max amount of days/weeks/months? This intended for IM use.

I know that steroid freaks recommend anaerobic water, others anaerobic with NaCl (is it safe for IM use?), but what do the big pharmaceuticals actually use for their products to sit on shelves for years on?

Does anyone use an oral syringe with their microns? I can't get the rigs with the detachable needles.

Where do you live?

I'm sure you could get them if you live in a country like the United States.

I just want to tell you Captain.Heroin that I have alot of respect for you and I appreciate your thread alot, it helped me. Thank you!

Symptoms from filters?

Hey guys. Couple quick concerns.

My girlfriend and I have been bangin tec for about 5 years. First year we used cotton, then used sterifilts for the next 2.5 years, now for the last 1.5 years, we've made huge batches filtered first with microns (whatman 25mm 0.2), then again through sterifilts.

The sterifilts alone will make the solution completely clear, but we use the microns mainly because they are rated to 0.2, while the sterifilt are rated to about 5 microns, although based on comparative evaporation tests I think they filter better than that.

The reason to repeat again through the sterifilt was because all throughout the batch filtered only by microns, there are HUNDREDS OF TINY PARTICLES clearly visible in the solution. The second run through the sterifilt gets rid of all of them, every time guaranteed.

In the last 6 months to a year, we both have been experiencing strange symptoms, me more than her. The main one being our muscles shake when tensed up or flexed.

Like going down a flight of stairs, my legs shake just a bit on each step down, and if I try to do leg squats my legs (and hers) shake like a leaf in the wind.

We are both pretty fit, so it's a little odd. If it was just one of us, I would think disease, but since it's not I am thinking it's the tec.

Even though we're weaning off and right now are making 73 shots out of one 8 mg tab, the shaking persists (did 20 per pill for years). We do it about 8 times per day though.

We have been very very careful the last couple of years, alcohol pads every time, rinsing with sterile water, using bacteriostatic saline or water for the shots, and even refrigerating the batches.

I'm wondering if it could be the benzyl alcohol, or something else. I barely have any tec in each shot now, and don't know if it's enough to qualify as a "solvent", so I am about to order sterile water without the alcohol to use from now on.

Anyone have any ideas or similar experiences?

Thanks for reading, guess it wasn't that quick, lol.

EDIT: Oops forgot to mention, the particles seen in the solution before running again through the sterifilt I am am almost positive are coming off the filter as I've tried running the solution through the filter 4 times before and they are still there. Very disappointed the first time I used the micron seeing these, but we spent $150 dollars on a 50 pack and didn't want to waste them. The particles look kind of like tiny cloth pieces if that's possible. What the hell is up with that, I thought these filters were great? Definitely wouldn't want to bang these little particles.

Last edited: