• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Micron Filtering Mega Thread and FAQ

I think you need to raise that muscular issue with your doctor. Have him run some blood tests, have you been tested recently for bloodborne diseases?

I don't mean to scare you, I'm not saying that sounds like symptoms of a certain disease, but as an IV user it is your responsibility to maintain your health, to a higher standard than a non-IV user.

What the hell is up with that, I thought these filters were great? Definitely wouldn't want to bang these little particles.

Sounds like you got a bad batch, that's not normal. Maybe check the type of the wheel filter (the actual filtering layers are made out of different materials for different purposes). I use minisart 0.2 um filters and even if I don't pre filter I can still get solution running through and coming out crystal clear.

US2783894 Sep 11, 1950 1957 MICROPOROUS NYLON FILM

I found that for a us patent when I searched micron filter patented. I dont know if thats even related to a wheel filter though lol. I am curious though my self now.

To Cap' Heroin:

If no benzyl or bacteriostatic water is available, could 97% ethanol be a good replacement for IM?

There is a reason for pharmaceuticals preferring benzyl to ethyl, less poisonous and possibly less damaging to tissue. But I'm thinking diluted at concentrations lower than 0.9%, and with no more than 2cc per session. This would only be a temporary replacement.

97% ethanol will hurt amazingly, denature a lot of tissue, and possible lead to permanent muscle damage. Do not use this for IM.

Thanks. Even if this 97% ethanol would be diluted to a total of 0.01ml or 0.02ml of your final solution?

Last edited:
Oh, right. No. But it probably also will not be an effective preservative at that concentration.
It's sometimes possible to buy sodium benzoate preservative for food ; food grade is sterile, and benzoate is a good preservative for short-medium term... if you can find some. Try bakers suppliers :)
Use 0.5% w/v.

Last edited:
Or go into your local pharmacy and ask for a sterile saline contact lens solution. They usually contain no adulterants and a well tolerated preservative (in low concentration). Probably the safest non IV prep way to do it. Saline is also better for your body than fresh water.

Oxy: One would have to look exhaustively to find a saline lens solution that is actually composed of only water, NaCl and a preservative. All I've seen are composed of at least 6 ingredients, and none obviously thought for anything else than ocular appliance. Perhaps you could suggest something more specific? Also, saline is beneficial also to your muscles, besides IV?

Matt: Please define medium-term: 6 months, no more? Beware that sodium benzoate is only practical if you get your solution to a pH of more than 7, so supposedly you'll have to add something, and test with papers. Also, don't add citric acid.

Oxy: One would have to look exhaustively to find a saline lens solution that is actually composed of only water, NaCl and a preservative. All I've seen are composed of at least 6 ingredients, and none obviously thought for anything else than ocular appliance. Perhaps you could suggest something more specific? Also, saline is beneficial also to your muscles, besides IV?

Hmm that's odd because I see it in pretty much every pharmacy I walk into. Maybe it's a state by state thing. I've got some downstairs in the fridge (although not using it for IV). I'm pretty sleep deprived right now so next time I'm on I promise I'll write the brand. If I forget then PM me. It cost like $5-6 for 500ml, so cheap as. Don't keep for longer than 30 days if not in fridge or freezer (obviously heaps of solution for IV use).

thanks... i dunno if i did someting wrong but i followed the instructions from the link i posted on wheel filters and it didn't work... lucky i was just using alimenazine to try it out....

does anyone else find that that the wheel filters suck up less than 1cc of liquid (morphine+water) before they blok up...

ayone got tips on wheel filters

thanks... i dunno if i did someting wrong but i followed the instructions from the link i posted on wheel filters and it didn't work... lucky i was just using alimenazine to try it out....

does anyone else find that that the wheel filters suck up less than 1cc of liquid (morphine+water) before they blok up...

ayone got tips on wheel filters

Yes I have tips. Be sure to presaturate the wheel filter with H20. Can you please copy and paste the URL of the broken link so we can address it?

^^the link (url) works its not brocken, its their instructions that don't seem to work

Why is there no BS water for sale anywhere now???? Anyone know? It's back ordered till sept at Mountainside..someone pm me where to buy it please!!