• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin Megathread

As an aside, I wanted to chime in and ask if anybody else gets myoclonic jerks from higher doses of gabapentin? Back in January, I was jonesing and ended up taking around 6000mg throughout a day and I ended up having a really nasty blackout seizure after a couple of hours of jerking like crazy. I kept falling down and twisting my ankle, etc.

I thought this drug was an anticonvulsant?

Hi is anyone on here from wigan that takes pregablins? I need to know effects thanks

Yes I need someone from wigan tho how can I find someone from wigan wigan who does or has previously had pregablins?

I really don't know what to do on here as iv never been on anything like this before haha x

If you have a question about the drug pregabalin I think even a yank could help you out. If you are looking for a fellow Wigan resident that has pregabalin then you are on the wrong site as even if someone were to help you out it is against the rules and would be shut down quickly.

Last edited:
As an aside, I wanted to chime in and ask if anybody else gets myoclonic jerks from higher doses of gabapentin? Back in January, I was jonesing and ended up taking around 6000mg throughout a day and I ended up having a really nasty blackout seizure after a couple of hours of jerking like crazy. I kept falling down and twisting my ankle, etc.

I thought this drug was an anticonvulsant?

Yes, i remember one time i had a myoclonic jerk so violent, that i was laying on one of thosr blow up mattresses, and jerked so hard i flipped the thing over and wound up under it. I think that dose i took was only 2400mg too.

Yes, i remember one time i had a myoclonic jerk so violent, that i was laying on one of thosr blow up mattresses, and jerked so hard i flipped the thing over and wound up under it. I think that dose i took was only 2400mg too.

I've had to put down a drink (just soda, no EtOH) after spilling it several times but could still walk and talk. Sometimes cannabis makes it worse IME. I was on about 5 grams IIRC. It was transient as well.

Slightly new to Gabapentin...I've noticed tiredness and a crash-like feeling few hours after staggering about 1200-1800mg.... Would Taking MORE gabapentin lift me up or make me crash harder?

does it potentiate heroin (and all other opiates) or i am getting it mixed up with something else?

Potentiate might not be the right word, but many people enjoy using them together. I always preferred either one or the other. But that was how I felt about combining carisoprodol and opioids - I always felt the Soma's buzz killed the opioid buzz. To each one's own.

It can help out some of the weaker stuff like codeine or trams but with say Oxycodone I prefer the speediness alone an save the gaba for the comedown.

Definitely stagger these boys. Every 30 mins or so with an aleve or two and a carbonated drink, coke, whatever. Plus high fat meals also add to the effect.

Naproxen Sodium increases absorption 12-15% and believe me it's noticeable. But most importantly staggering every 30-45 mins will give you a much greater effect instead of swallowing 2400 mg at one time.

As far as effects go, I would describe it like being drunk motor skill wise, but your brain is still fairly clear. On higher doses, I notice some things are more vibrant and music tends to sound a lot better. Booze will make the high really sloppy though, try to limit it to just a beer or 2.

On the potentiating/synergistic side, tramadol has a fantastic synergistic effect, although if taking large doses is recommend a benzo of some sort, either a 1 mg alprazolam or preferably a 1 or 2 mg clonazepam goes really well. Just wanna keep an eye on that seizure threshold.

Only cons I've really noticed is like what has been posted in earlier threads, tolerance builds extremely quickly. It's best to maybe dose for a day or two in a row, then wait a week. Keep that tolerance at bay and let your mind reset.

I've never noticed much withdrawal, especially on a methadone/heroin withdrawal level, not even in the same fucking realm lol. Maybe a slight bummed out feeling, but you won't be in the fetal position, dry heaving and shitting your insides out like a cold turkey 180 mg methadone withdrawal....*shudders* lol.

Last edited:
Hey, everybody. I've been reading posts occasionally for years, but decided to register and finally post something myself. The reason is Gabapentin. I'm totally knew to it and literally just got it and took a bunch. WAY more than recommended by almost everybody. I did so because the amounts suggested for Tramadol weren't enough for me to get some kind of "high," but when I took a TON it was kinda great; mentally, physically, etc.....I only take prescriptions obtained legally......no illegal drugs for me in almost 15 years; not because of moral reasons or whatever.......simply because I just never wanted to buy them anymore and risk being arrested. Anyway, I thought the same would be the case with Gabapentin as it was with Tramadol. I took 4500mg an hour and 30 minutes ago and I feel nothing so far. I'd be so disappointed if nothing happens, but life goes on. Anyway, should I be patient? Is it possible that ALL other prescription drugs that could make you kind of high actually work for me, and do, in fact, accomplish that task, but Gabapentin is the lone exception? I'd really feel welcomed and that registering was worth it if anyone had any thoughts, comments, responses, etc......and, obviously, extremely grateful, appreciative, and interested too. Thanks.

Is the question that you took 4500mg of gabapentin and 30 minutes later you're not feeling anything?

If you haven't taken gabapentin before, that is a good enough of a dose to get a feeling of how the drug affects you. Some people don't find anything particularly enjoyable or significant about gabapentin. If one has a tolerance to stuff like benzos or alcohol then there might be something like cross tolerance.

Wait some more to see what happens. It can take a little while to really kick in sometimes, or at least for the effects to be noticeable (going for a walk can make the effects more obvious). Keep in mind gabapentin is really nothing like tramadol, so don't expect the same kinds of effects.