• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin Megathread

I don't think that my insurance will cover ketamine. I'm also treating fatigue and insomnia (from post treatment lyme disease syndrome) more than pain honestly. the gabapentin has been helping my insomnia for sure. and i still get dreams/REM sleep so it seems like its not fucking with sleep architecture too much

The ketamine treats practically EVERYTHING(within reason)....ESPECIALLY fatigue and depression(or ANYTHING remotely like depression)....as well as insomnia. NO joke.

And yea it isn't covered by my insurance either. In fact I'm pretty sure NO insurance covers it right now since it's just now starting to become a more common treatment. Give it a few years. But yea, it costs me about $300 per infusion....and I can choose to get them WHENEVER I want. Like, I can do it back to back.....one day, and then the next. Or I can choose to do it just whenever I feel like it. I get the feeling my doctors are making A LOT of $$$$$$$ from these infusions given the way they talk about it and how they are constantly reminding me I can get one whenever. Although, funny enough, I have yet to pay them for my infusions. They just said I could pay them later since I was so fucked up from the infusion....that was 3 months ago.

Anyway....my point is that even tho insurance doesn't cover it....it works for so long(and feels so amazing) that it might be worth it.

Seriously....it makes almost everything better....and I have MANY MANY serious ailments.

its not that hard for me to source reasonably pure k and just do it. I would love love love to get ketamine infusions under medical supervision as i am sort of a hypochondriac and always prefer medical grade stuff, but I never have anything like 300$ kicking around. I'm in school and my work study money is mostly spent on food

I just checked the rules and it's just drug prices that aren't allowed, so I guess it's alright.
The price of a ketamine infusion would be a 'drug' price, but imo it's not a problem, so all is well :)

sublingual gabapentin

Yes I know it would taste disgusting, but would gaba work if taken sublingually , and be safe? Oral takes hours for it to start taking effect. Does anyone have any scientific knowledge about how this ROA might work? Can't find anything onine about it.

I have no idea. With a dosage of 1/2-1 gram, or more, that is quite a lot of powder to keep under your tongue. I suspect with your saliva glands pumping you would end up swallowing it anyway. Maybe you could shove it up your butt? I am sure at least 3 bluelighters have tried it that way before. Anyone else?

Gabapentin is fat soluble, and as mentioned above, you would have to put a large amount under your tongue to even get an effect. I dont believe it would work too well sublingually, but im sure if you tried, you would eventually get high.

Yes I know it would taste disgusting, but would gaba work if taken sublingually , and be safe? Oral takes hours for it to start taking effect. Does anyone have any scientific knowledge about how this ROA might work? Can't find anything onine about it.

Merged with the megathread

I'm prescribed gabapentin 600mgs 4x daily. At most, it takes away about 20% of my nerve pain. So, obviously I am a little underwhelmed with it.....but, it's the best nerve pain killer that I've been prescribed...so I continue to take it.

But recently my AWESOME pain doctor(who truly cares about my health) started a whole new "section" in his pain practice.....Ketamine infusions....OH MY GOD it fucking works 1000% and lasts a couple weeks(at least for me, it varies from person to person....for some people it lasts a whole year). I simply go to my doctors office and sit in a nice comfy armchair and they put an IV in me and give me an infusion of ketamine for about an hour. It makes you trip balls and feel AMAZING euphoria(like you would expect from pure medical grade IV ketamine) and then I have someone drive me home.....very easy.

....I highly recommend Ketamine infusions. Maybe you can find someone near you who does it.

Good luck,

jB

*WARNING....the ketamine acts like a truth serum, except you just spout shit out without anyone having to ask you questions.....so be careful if you are more on the private side*

That's wild as hell a doctor jumped from gabapentin to K. I've only had it one time for several days at the hospital, but that was after major surgery.

I was definitely tripping in hospital bed thinking NCIS was an amazing show but the high wasn't as..."special" as the other times off the street. Just saying, anyone who thinks they're going to get into a k-hole will be disappointed, but it's miles ahead of gabapentin lol crazy.

That's wild as hell a doctor jumped from gabapentin to K. I've only had it one time for several days at the hospital, but that was after major surgery.

I was definitely tripping in hospital bed thinking NCIS was an amazing show but the high wasn't as..."special" as the other times off the street. Just saying, anyone who thinks they're going to get into a k-hole will be disappointed, but it's miles ahead of gabapentin lol crazy.

First of all the infusions are not an attempt to get you high. They are meant to be treatments for nerve pain(among other things) and so the goal isn't to get fucked up. I also highly doubt the doses of ketamine you got in the hospital were the same as I received during my infusion. The ketamine is being used for 2 totally different reasons in those scenarios.

Secondly...I found that the ketamine infusions actually were VERY potent and noticeably stronger than the street ketamine use I've used(which was quite pure and strong enough to cause the "k-hole" effect). For example, for the majority of my infusion, I felt as if I were traveling between and throughout different dimensions and worlds....into the past and forward into the future. In, my opinion, if it were any stronger, I don't think I would have enjoyed it.
My doc said that 9 out of 10 patients having infusions pass out the whole time(which I witnessed during my infusion...the lady being infused next to me)...but I was fully awake the whole time...I just may not have felt like I was currently on planet earth.

*My doc didn't "jump' me from gabapentin to Ketamine. I'm still prescribed the gabapentin, it's just the health benefits from the ketamine infusions are too good to pass on. I also had complete control over whether I wanted to try the infusions or not.*

You're not going to be able to hold that much powder under your tongue. Gabapentin is loads more bitter than xanax.

James Brown: Sorry if I came across as critical, I was just shocked when I read your post that it was being used for therapy. The thought of someone using K to supplement gabapentin was baffling to me, but you pointed out they're separate things.

But you're right, I have no idea what grade ketamine or dosage I was ever on. They had me on slow drip at hospital and on the street it was in a glass vile chopped up out the microwave, so I just sniffed it, I was told they were either cat or horse tranquilizers.

And I see your point, on the street I couldn't even see the TV much less follow a story line for NCIS, I can get people not liking that.

But hey, I'm glad it's working out for you, sounds like you have a lot of pain and a cool doc, good luck with your pain management.

Last edited:
James Brown: Sorry if I came across as critical, I was just shocked when I read your post that it was being used for therapy. The thought of someone using K to supplement gabapentin was baffling to me, but you pointed out they're separate things.

No need to apologize. You didn't come across as critical. Although I'm sure I came across as defensive....but it wasn't intentional....it's just the way I type sometimes and as we all know, things can get "lost in translation" when communicating thru text.

...if you ever suspect me of being pissed off at you or something, just PM me and ask. I'm sure I would be able to clear things up.

I'm trying to kick tianeptine so I got some gabapentin, and this shit is kicking my ass again with the jerking (myoclonus). I took around 3 grams yesterday to get a good start before the withdrawals hit full force, and took another gram or so at 3 am. I fall back asleep and wake up jerking like mad. I threw my water bottle halfway across the room and spilled it everywhere. I can barely type. Anyone else get this when they take high doses?

I'm trying to kick tianeptine so I got some gabapentin, and this shit is kicking my ass again with the jerking (myoclonus). I took around 3 grams yesterday to get a good start before the withdrawals hit full force, and took another gram or so at 3 am. I fall back asleep and wake up jerking like mad. I threw my water bottle halfway across the room and spilled it everywhere. I can barely type. Anyone else get this when they take high doses?

Were you prescribed the tianeptine by a doctor?

The same happens with kratom and opiate withdrawals. Clonidine helps to get sleep. Also tapering an opiate habit makes it easier though you need to be precise about dosing and timing.