European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Nice Codeine Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question. Will I feel any effects the next day, I.e like a hangover or anything. In other words is it ok to take a 150-200mg dose on a school night ?

What time are you dosing? If it's during the day I doubt you'd feel anything the next day, obviously if you dose at night and stay up late you'll probably experience some drowsiness the next morning, nothing major though.

Nothing comparable to a day after benzos though, you should be fine.

I've never found any 'hangover' type effects from codeine, even at very high doses (from ~500 to ~900 depending on my tolerance at the time. Always had a natural tolerance to the opiateyoids. Yay me :|). Will dose in the afternoon usually and the euphoric effects have worn off by early evening but will sleep well and wake up feeling great. Though obviously it varies between person, but I couldn't see that level of dose being a problem on a school night :D

^900 mgs? Do you still have a skin or wear some type of full body swim suit while on it? I would scratch myself to death even on half that dose.

Haha, yeah sometimes. It's kinda weird, high doses will have me barely itching at all, while (relatively) low doses will have me tearing my skin off. Obviously it works the other way round too, but the actual dose seems to have no bearing on the itchiness, for me anyway. Not a clue what influences it. Worst was on about 500mg when I bought a bottle of linctus and ended up scarring my foot -_-

I've never had any histamine type reaction to codeine, all the way up to 400mg. Unfortunately, the euphoria comes on within 15 mins of dosing and is all but gone within an hour.

That's the thing with codeine, I think. I dosed maybe 500mg around 2pm today and the euphoria has all but gone. Still chatty and sociable but other than that, zilch. Will sleep well tonight though, which is part of the reason I've been doing it fairly often :\ This dose also made me itch a lot more than the 900 or so I took last Monday, though I compounded that by being a dozy fuck and standing in front of my housemate's heater to warm up. Heat makes my feet itch and now I'm just laying on my front rubbing em on a towel haha.

Thinking about it, from what I've experienced and heard, it seems to be one of the most variable drugs with regards to the effects it has on one person to the next, or even on the same person one dose to the next.

Will Pregabalin ( Lyrica ) potenciate the opium ? Also what about mirtazapine I have a few of them left as well. Any one have any experience with these ?

I wouldn't take mirtazapine as a booster myself, would only make me groggy and excessively sleepy (and give me raging munchies, which I like to avoid cos of the codeine-induced Cement Gut). Try a common anti-histamine, like promethazine, if you want a more pleasurable type of drowsiness.
Pregabalin on the other hand, is great for boosting minor opiates/opioids IME. Not everyone gets much out of pregabalin but if you do, and especially if your tolerance is reasonably low, it'll greatly boost anxiolytic and mood improving fx of codeine.

I've always wanted to try promethazine with codeine but I swear I've heard it shortens the overall length of the high? Can't remember where I heard this mind. The one time I've had promethazine on its own was for allergies and it had me sparko for the rest of the day.

Nytol will potentiate, just one tab I'd say to start, assuming it's one of the two a night 25mg ones. Will also subdue the itchies a bit should they occur. Not sure on Piriton though

edit: When I say to start, I mean I'm assuming this is the first time you've done codeine and to just take one for the session, not 'take one then maybe pop another' just to clarify'

I've never had any histamine type reaction to codeine, all the way up to 400mg. Unfortunately, the euphoria comes on within 15 mins of dosing and is all but gone within an hour.

That's one of the reasons I really don't get codeine. I know I'm in the wrong thread for this, but really I never got much from it even at very big doses.

If there was OTC pure codeine then I could understand the point of it, but going through CWEs just to get codeine out seems like a huge effort with no worthy gain. At my local warehouse they sell kilo bags of poppy seeds for like 8 euros, the effort to make a PST(poppy seed tea) is less energy intensive than a CWE, without any of the risks, like having some paracetamol still in the milky solutions. The effects for me are also vastly superior, it's a more wholesome experience, warmer and fuller and definately more euphoric, also much longer lasting.

When I was living in the UK, before I discovered Kratom, I used to go to Sainsburys and come out with bags and bags of poppy seeds, used to tell the lady at the cashier that I was an apprentice baker:D

Honestly I think codeine users should at least consider the PST option. I'm usually extremely paranoid when doing CWEs, using multiple coffee filters, but still the idea of consuming even small amounts of liver killer just to get that worthless codeine buzz sort of troubles me.

You take them much?

Kenny, half of the draw for me is the whole extraction, the same way cutting up lines was when I did speed and how I enjoy rolling joints. Mind I have OCD so maybe I'm just weird. I'd like to have a go at Kratom, been considering it, but heard it can be bad liver-wise?

Take half a 50mg nytol Take this slow. Find your feet so if you choose to do it again you can adjust you dose. We all know what happens when people first drink!!! So keep safe.

Do it on an empty stomach. Take the Nytol 30 mins before. You got Valium? If so not sure about that on top to be honest.

You will have codeine plus two potentors with nytol and prelagab.

BTW did you mention opium?

Last edited:
You take them much?

Kenny, half of the draw for me is the whole extraction, the same way cutting up lines was when I did speed and how I enjoy rolling joints. Mind I have OCD so maybe I'm just weird. I'd like to have a go at Kratom, been considering it, but heard it can be bad liver-wise?

Never heard of kratom being bad for the liver, read that in countries were it's traditionally consumed, long-term users tend to have darkened chins and lose weight, however as it's mostly farm labourers using it, this could be caused by a variety of other reasons.

I've been taking it pretty much daily from around 2008, with a few interruptions due to working in places where I couldn't get deliveries, but still I've done it daily for years with no ill effects, with the exception of WDs, obviously. I'm sure that even if it were bad for the liver it would still be less than consuming whatever is left after CWEs on a regular basis.

Also kratom seems to have gained huge popularity in the US like ten years ago, if it was really bad for the liver there would have been reports already.

I find it beneficial, it seems the plant itself is rich in anti-oxidants and the fact you're ingesting a lot of fiber helps out a lot with the usual opiate constipation, I find it a much superior alternative to codeine, it has also marked anti-depressive properties.

For me even poppy seed tea would be a better option to CWE codeine, unless you live in a place where it's OTC, I really see no point.

To each its own though

Take half a 50mg nytol Take this slow. Find your feet so if you choose to do it again you can adjust you dose. We all know what happens when people first drink!!! So keep safe.

Do it on an empty stomach. Take the Nytol 30 mins before. You got Valium? If so not sure about that on top to be honest.

You will have codeine plus two potentors with nytol and prelagab.

BTW did you mention opium?

I have, codeine, nytol, Diazapam, mirtazapine and lyrica. Gunna just take the nytol and codeine.

Status
Not open for further replies.