European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Nice Codeine Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it depends on how many Valium your going to taking!

if you have no tolerance to opiates, you take 20mg Valium, and Pregabalin I would say start at 200-250 mg of codeine. Get an anti histamine cus even at that sort of dose you could get itchy and seeming as boots sell anti histamines for 99p this worth taking one.

Edit. It also depends on your tolerance to Valium! If you have none maybe take 10mg Valium to start.

Hard to say really. One man's relaxed is another person's mehdom is another person's itchfest from hell. I find 240-300mg a nice dose with no tolerance (an antihistamine can be handy but not necessarily totally necessary). Not sure about how the preggas would feed into that though. Didn't seem to make a huge amount of difference when I took it on top of codeine recently buut am pretty tolerant to codeine. Preggas + ketamine is a whole other matter 8o

Diaz will relax you all on its own but will certainly add to the codeine pleasantly. You do need to be very careful mixing downers if unused to the combo though. Actually, even if you are used to the combo :|

Yes as Shambles has just said you shouldn't mix downers.

But if you are going to avoid booze at all cost! It makes you 'want' more and you do silly things as you get the ol' dutch courage

Booze tends to be the straw that breaks camelbacks with downer combos. Definitely to be avoided. Well, mostly definitely :eek:

Downer combos can be managed cos they catch out even the most wrecked of wreckheads. But are also obviously very well-trodden territory. I always find it tricky to advise on such matters cos I don't like to preach wot I don't practice :\

Codeine is relatively light on the opi scale - and somewhat stimulating too - so shouldn't be a huge concern with a moderate dose of diaz. Preggas would be the wildcard for me cos I'm really not very familiar with 'em having only recently sampled. Get the impression they can massively potentiate some stuffs though so would certainly advise caution combining with anything.

I know but I feel that just saying 'don't do it' is not the best HR. Not having a go, I agree its very difficult.

Well maybe take the dose down to 150-200 if no got no tolerance.

And 10mg Valium. Just take it slow.

Ya, pregabalin and gabapentin seem to potentiate opiates/opioids for most folks. They certainly do so for me.

I don't have any opiate tolerance these days. I'm being scripted 600mg pregabalin p/day & I also have a promethazine script. Some days I go down to one of the few pharmacies that sell 10mg codeine OTC here (Amsterdam). W

300mg pregabalin + 100-150mg codeine (+ 25-50mg promethazine) taken at once gives me a decent buzz and it might be a good starting point for you, but hey, it's still codeine so it's short-acting and horribly constipating. The codeine may get somewhat drowsy/noddy if raise the dose, but you're probably better off taking other opiates if you're looking for a stoning nod. Do watch out for respiratory depression if you take benzos as well, especially if you are going to re-dose later on.

I know but I feel that just saying 'don't do it' is not the best HR. Not having a go, I agree its very difficult.

I wasn't saying "Don't do it" for precisely that reason. Hence attempted to qualify it somewhat with the second post. Is a very fine tightrope to walk discussing downer combos. Never feel entirely comfortable no matter how familiar I am with such combos in myself and others :\

I tend to be of the opinion that realism is essential in HR... but also don't fancy the guilt trip if somebody comes a cropper over what seems like nothing. Perspective can be skewed by familiarity unfortunately.

You'll feel it within 20 minutes on an empty stomach, full effect after about 45-60 minutes. After roughly two hours the effects start to fade pretty rapidly. I'm pretty much baseline after 3 hours but the side-effects linger for longer (breathing depression, pupils, concrete gut).

had 13 prescribed ones left over (think they were 20mg) from a back injury and that did nothing for me at all. might have been to do with the fact i'd been on them for 5 weeks straight before that though.

Thanks guys..... How long would say 150-200mg last for, I mean as in the effect ?

IME you'll have all of the effects for about 2-3 hours and then it starts to go away. I usually feel them (decreasingly) for about 5-6 hours though, and I get the side effects for like 12hours total.
I think it lasts particularly long with me though, for some reason.

^ Depends on why you're using 'em, I'd say. I only use 'em for pain meds really and they kindasorta last 24h or so. Or at least I don't go into w/d for around that long. Actual pain relief is somewhere between your and Lurching's results. Depending on tolerance and stuff.

had 13 prescribed ones left over (think they were 20mg) from a back injury and that did nothing for me at all. might have been to do with the fact i'd been on them for 5 weeks straight before that though.

Not "might have" - would have. Have never heard of 20mg codeine pills but they probably do exist. 30mg is usually the minimum scripted dose though. If the former, that's 260mg, if the latter, that's 390mg. Either way, is gonna do shit all after five weeks. This is why it's pretty easy to get codeine prescribed ;)

Best suited to occasional dalliances with little or no tolerance... or for semi-regular "maintenance" type dosing for analgesic reasons rather than recreational ones. Imo, ime, etc, etc.

^ Depends on why you're using 'em, I'd say. I only use 'em for pain meds really and they kindasorta last 24h or so. Or at least I don't go into w/d for around that long. Actual pain relief is somewhere between your and Lurching's results. Depending on tolerance and stuff.

Myeah - when I use them for pain relief they actually only last for about ~4 hours, side effects included. It's when I'm taking enough to get high - which is usually around the 600mg ish nowadays - that they go on for half a day. It's usually pretty unpleasant once the actual effects wear off :(

They're definitely not a very good pill to abuse, kinda makes them pointless when it comes to pain relief after a while. Which is a shame considering it's the only relatively decent one anyone ever scripts :\

I barely notice 'em once the painkilling effect has gone. Been scripted 'em for donkey's years cos it's as high as me GP will go other than tramadol :\

(pain clinic better be a massive improvement or am going back on the scag :|)

Not "might have" - would have. Have never heard of 20mg codeine pills but they probably do exist. 30mg is usually the minimum scripted dose though. If the former, that's 260mg, if the latter, that's 390mg. Either way, is gonna do shit all after five weeks. This is why it's pretty easy to get codeine prescribed ;)

Best suited to occasional dalliances with little or no tolerance... or for semi-regular "maintenance" type dosing for analgesic reasons rather than recreational ones. Imo, ime, etc, etc.

Maybe they were 30s then, I'm never 100% on these things! Typically though I'd been off them for one day maybe, finally feeling better and just in a mood of YES! DO IT!
Wholly disappointing.

I barely notice 'em once the painkilling effect has gone. Been scripted 'em for donkey's years cos it's as high as me GP will go other than tramadol :\

(pain clinic better be a massive improvement or am going back on the scag :|)

It should be...hopefully anyway :\
I dunno, for some reason I've always been super sensitive to codeine. They give me a massive hangover so for yeah, about 6 hours after the fuzzy feeling wears off, I'll just be feeling nauseous and unpleasant. Which is weird cuz I don't get that at all with stronger opies.

^ Odd indeed, Pagey :?

YMMV and all that I suppose.

Maybe they were 30s then, I'm never 100% on these things! Typically though I'd been off them for one day maybe, finally feeling better and just in a mood of YES! DO IT!
Wholly disappointing.

Much better without tolerance. Well, better without tolerance.

If I take 60mg of codeine on it's own I don't feel much, just a bit drowsy.

Add some weed to that equation and I'm fucked.

Quick question. Will I feel any effects the next day, I.e like a hangover or anything. In other words is it ok to take a 150-200mg dose on a school night ?

Status
Not open for further replies.