• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Will Amphetamines help Opiate withdrawal?

OK everyone swim.. Had focalin, adderall, Vyvance they were unable to sleep last night and have ingested 60 mg of adderall in the last 2 hr it doesn't seem to be helping what does anyone suggest to be productive at work this afternoon, no real tolerance to stem. Also ingested 90mg Roxy (high tolerance)

Out of all the available combinations, and different remedys to make opiate withdrawal more tolerable. For me personally, and I can't count how many times I've had to kick threw out my choice of lifestyle. There is nothing that can even hold a candle to XR Adderall. I find it helps with every aspect of opiate WD. This is for me personally, just like people have said, everyone reacts different to pretty much everything. I can even go as far as to say it even helps with the stomach issues encountered, along with the sleep issues. I also like to take benzo's during the process. (Who am I kidding I like the combo threw out life) But it's true value really shines for me during WD's. And what the addy doesn't clear up a dose of loperamide will. I'm telling you it's the closest thing to a cure-all out there. Aside from another opiate. Yeah loperamide is an opiate but come on now. No combination has ever allowed me to get up shower and work all day while kicking. And if you notice everyone who bashes it, is imagining what it would be like. 90% of the people that actually try it say they found huge amounts of relief, as surprising for them as the fist time I tried it was for me. So listen to the people that have done it. Not the ones that can't stand the thought. And I am not a stim fan! When you drop dope your brain is in a dopamine defeciant state. To use a drug on the opposite end of the spectrum that pours out dopamine only makes sense that it would allow relief. As for the come down. Don't. I sleep just fine on addy. Keep the benzos in reach also. Use the amps in small doses. And having some clonodine won't hurt Incase it takes you a few to get the dosing correct for you personally. Good luck! Tell the dark passenger to drive safe !

Last edited:
had withdrawals for one day, (well one night) was using meth that day and the day before..... While I was laying in bed, i thought "holy shit, am i withdrawing?" (i recently started up again) and when I realized I was in for at least one night withdrawing, i literally couldn't help but smile, because I was ready to withdraw rapidly and I accepted this , but i smiled because I was still feeling that meth and I realized my WD was both insanely gentle and also extremely rapid ... by morning i was comfortable again in my body

had withdrawals for one day, (well one night) was using meth that day and the day before..... While I was laying in bed, i thought "holy shit, am i withdrawing?" (i recently started up again) and when I realized I was in for at least one night withdrawing, i literally couldn't help but smile, because I was ready to withdraw rapidly and I accepted this , but i smiled because I was still feeling that meth and I realized my WD was both insanely gentle and also extremely rapid ... by morning i was comfortable again in my body
Good point! I forgot to mention sense it's a diuretic, it flushes your system at a rapid rate. So as always, consuming tons of liquids helps, but even more so !

I'm withdrawing from 2 to 4 mg suboxone a day, made it to day 4 or 5 and ended up in the hospital for fluids... next day or day after I couldn't take the lead suit anymore so I shot a bit of cotton that was still a bit orange. Maybe 3rd shot or so. Most of the withdrawal symptoms passed. Skipped yesterday, feeling down and weak but ok, I felt the lead suit returning today and took another shot from a used cotton. I have to beat this stuff and tapering is not an option. My husband never knew till a week or so ago, and he's being so loving and supportive, I feel like this has brought us closer somehow. HOWEVER I can't get back on and taper, one bc we can't afford it with me taking a few days off work to deal with this, two, I don't want to bc I'm so ANGRY at what this stuff has done to me! Lastly, my husband is a police officer and he has stuck by me, but if I don't do whatever it takes to beat this, he will take our daughter from me, and my 3 older kids would be with their dad I guess, and he'd have me arrested for buying and selling a scheduled substance. And he has all the proof he'd need. I don't blame him. Honestly I didn't think he would give me a chance if he knew. I tried tapering but failed with no help, bc I had to hide it from him and keep working. So I have this plan. Calm support,twice a day, 2000 mg of DLPA, 3 times a day, 2000 mg of american ginseng twice a day, and now foods sleep veg 2 at bed time. I also have diphenhydramine as well. Tried smoking weed but it made things worse, I never have been a big smoker bc of my anxiety. Taking a multivitamin and b-12 to help with energy, and caffeine supplements. I need to return to work soon and care for my children. Was wondering if phentermine (sp?) 1/2 of a 37.5 mg pill before work and again at lunch if I need it might help? I don't take them regularly and havent had one in many months. Regularly it doesn't affect my sleep if I don't take it in the 6 hr before bed. Melatonin is out bc I work 12 hr nights in a factory and sleep in the day time.

Here's my drug history. Tweaked on meth for a month or two back in 2010, hated coming down bc I wanted to die so I slept for days and kicked that out. Spent 2009 to 2012 on a roxy habit, banging up to 10 30 mg pills a day, went to jail some and the last time dcs drug tested me and I was freaked. Only failed for thc since I'd been in for 8 days but it woke me up... spent the next 2 years clean. Had 2 more babies that I love to the moon and back. Divorced and remarried as well. Earlier this year I began using sub recreationally a tiny crumb here and there for a boost of energy. Next thing I know I'm doing 2 to 4 mg a day for months. Prob 4 months. So here I am. Please help! I take effexor xr for depression, and I have meds from the hospital for stomach pain/spasms, muscle pain, and nausea. I have access to potassium pills and a magnesium based bio cleanse by plexus. And a good probiotic. Would the phentermine work to get me through work without the lead suit? That's the one symptom I can't seem to deal with! I only work mon tues and wed nights. So wouldn't have to take it all week. Will it help that symptom without prolonging the sub leaving my system?

my mate is smokeing gear,
usely allways asking for a bag of bob when he has none.
but yesterday i gave him some mexedrone.. that new stuff,
he never said anything bout the smack,
he said he wasint feelin so bad ider,
be4 that he was gettin craps and stuff but he smoked a bit and sniffed Mexedrone and was okay
he was also drinking,
so do amphetamine take your mind away from doing smack, i think so

They help me with PAWS and the tail end of withdrawal. Definitely not anywhere near the acute part. You'll regret it. Do you not get restless legs, hot/cold, insomnia, physical discomfort, nausea/the shits, etc.? Stimulants can provoke all of those.
My 10 years of heavy opiate use with more detox's than I have fingers, toes, and teeth has taught me that this is the best answer for me, but everyone's different if it helps you, use it. It's far easier to break go fast habit and withdrawal symptoms are far easier to tolerate than opiates (most junkies would give there left nut if detoxing consisted of sleeping days straight and being constantly hungry and wanting to eat.)

Fuck no they can't! Being dope sick and then the inevitable crash that come with stimulants increases the withdrawal 10 fold. Maybe while your high they diminish but if you ever want to sleep again or come down again you will regret using them. At least this in my experience!

Yep, I've found that amps can help withdrawals. Not sure specifically about opiate w/d's, but it helps give you energy and more or less replace the negative, shit.

I agree with some of the statements above about waiting to take stims during your PAWS (I'm currently using m-amp and d-amp for anhedonia from no longer shooting heroin and just being on boring ole' buprenorphine, no motivation without a stim for real)

Would make you feel like death in acute W/D's for sure, even though I know people that use crystal to get off heroin during the acute and all and swear it makes them feel like their not as sick or well, coming down has to be a sweaty, messy, anxiety-ridden nightmare. Ugh, LSD during acute W/D's is as much as I can put up with.

swear it makes them feel like their not as sick or well, coming down has to be a sweaty, messy, anxiety-ridden nightmare. Ugh, LSD during acute W/D's is as much as I can put up with.

Yeah, either way you'll be sweating fucking profusely.]

adderall for opiate withdrawl

my Dog used 20mg adderall cut into 5mg dosages every 4-6 hours and found it extremely successful compared to cold turkey. He had no previous stim usage at all and a heavy opiate habit each time. He rates the adderall method used 8/10 and cold turkey 0/10. So you can see the draw to this method.

Have at least 6-7 days of adderall saved up calculated at what you think your dog may need, maybe he will need more or less, my dog just can give u account of what worked for stim naive canine such as him.

My dog dosed every 4 -6 hours setting 5-6 days of dosages out with planned times in a clear area with a clock and a stop watch to be doubly sure. He was really strict on himself and dosed no more after he knew first 5mg dose took most of edge off. He would guess it takes away 80% of bad symptoms in its peak.. and it drifts down to maybe 40% when he felt it wearing off... It helps him also by making time go really fast, which is useful as my dog didn't even realize 3 hours has past till it stops peaking (he just focused on a task he found fun like poker). Because my dog mentally knows he can repeat exp too it gives him extra courage to squeeze out 30 more mins or an hour often extra between dosages.. My dog suggests doing as much gaps as you can tolerate between dosing...so the payment later is also painless.

So he wouldn't call it sailing.. but it was MUCH easier than a cold turkey and that's only exp my dog can compare too... in days 6 and 7 he suffered equally and his body was drained even more so maybe after adderall method, so I think your body still feels everything underneath. But VERY useful if your loved one is too weak willed or addictied to quit cold turkey... I think most humans /canines could make it through doing this with great success 90% rate if its done right and they have any desire to quit legit at all. Just be careful not to run out and crash down during a day 3 opiate withdrawl... my dog read that's hell. Totally worth the risk for the increased chance of success if you plan well and research all posts and articles on it... cold turkey is not for everyone, enjoy additional exp my dog can provide on this topic. Let him know if his method helped you at all, curious to see if it can help other puppies. Peace! and gl!

I also think Stims could help, as their effects distract one from being in WD, at least for the time they have effect, and since i've experience no crash after a Stim wears off (possibly because of ADHD, dunno exactly!) i think it would help me, perhaps others too. But it's best having enough to get trough a few days, especially the first 4-6 days, depending on what Opiate/Opioid has been used and how long the WDs will last.

so it can also works in someone with ADHD w/ lots of previous usage and tolerance?... interesting I would not have thought that.

Back when I was using H, my friend, who told me all about how to use, and I were out and could only find coke in the middle of the night. I had the cash and said, "no way, we'll get sick." He told me, "dude, there's nothing like coke in the middle of w/d. I'm telling you, you have to be on it. But it only makes you feel better for a little while." I didn't know whether to believe him or not, but with the cash and only one dealer out there.
Long story short - it did help. Just for a bit. After about two hours, the comedown was absolutely horrific. I imagine speed might be a help, it would probably depend upon when you're using it. If you're in the later stages, and you're depressed, then it will help out but I bet, like other users have posted, that the depression will be much much worse. In the earlier stages, if used infrequently, you might experience a short burst of euphoria, then a comedown.
Basically stimulants act as distractions for w/d, the problem is you do not have an unlimited amount of them (if you do give me a ring) there will be the eventual comedown and the comedown will not be nice. Trick is to space out your use of them - ration if you can. Hold on to them for maybe day 3 or something. You'll probably want to stack up on some benzos too, but be careful with those because you wouldn't want to put on another habit (and that includes speed or coke) on top of what ya got.
Good luck with everything.

As people habe already pointed out, stims. in general and amphetamines in particular , can help tremendously with opioide withdrawal. But you should wait until the acute phase ist over and keep the amphs for the P(ost) A(cute) W(ithdrawal) S(ymptoms)!
Benzos might be useful too.- in moderation and not too frequently!
So are nmda antagonistisch.

Hello-I am new-but just want to say-I think alot of people know exactly what you have gone through-wd's, sitting in a doctors office trying to keep a cool face when they tell you "I am giving you a script for synthroid and muscle relaxers" etc. As well as taking meds for broken bones and then having the carpet pulled from under your feet.

But to be clear-are you using amps while drying out?

Because it sounds like you are still taking opiates mixed with amps-which of course is great. just trying to be clear.

And I hope you have hit rock bottom at 19 for your sake friend. It will save alot of bullshit down the road.

I would say never use amps,coke,meth,uppers etc to help ease wd because it may fell good for a little bit but the come down. The mental ride it will take you one. Fuck that.
Plus you will probably blow a fuck ton of $.
Opiate wd just sucks. But it passes.

But to be clear-and like others have said- this applies to the actual wd-i.e., no sleep, electro shock running through your legs, nausea, vomiting and all that other good stuff. After thats clear is another story.

If it has not been mentioned here already, administration of amphetamine promotes the release of endogenous opioids in the brain. I read the paper a few years ago for my psychopharmacology course, so I am not sure if additional studies have been carried out in the meantime.

The conclusion states that, "Our findings indicate that oral amphetamine administration induces endogenous opioid release in different areas of human brain, including basal ganglia, frontal cortex areas, and thalamus," which may explain why some report a lessening of acute opioid withdrawal symptoms.

Pubmed overview:
Endogenous opioid release in the human brain reward system induced by acute amphetamine administration (2012).

The full paper can be found here courtesy of Yale.
Supplementary Information on the paper can be found here.

I agree with some of the statements above about waiting to take stims during your PAWS (I'm currently using m-amp and d-amp for anhedonia from no longer shooting heroin and just being on boring ole' buprenorphine, no motivation without a stim for real)

Would make you feel like death in acute W/D's for sure, even though I know people that use crystal to get off heroin during the acute and all and swear it makes them feel like their not as sick or well, coming down has to be a sweaty, messy, anxiety-ridden nightmare. Ugh, LSD during acute W/D's is as much as I can put up with.

For me psychedelics would be a much more terrifying prospect than stimulants during acute WD.
My mind gets dark enough without the whole "meeting Satan while evaluating every life choice" kinda shit. 8(