• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Will Amphetamines help Opiate withdrawal?

I'd say for me it really depends on bad the withdrawal is, and how big the dose of amps. If the withdrawals aren't too bad, I've found a large dose of amps will help me soldier through, for a time anyway. In severe withdrawals, I wouldn't take any, as it's only likely to make me feel even worse than I already do.

Personally I can't think of anything worse for opiate withdrawal than amphetamine and other stimulants. Opiate withdrawal already makes me anxious, sweaty, and has me staying up all night. Throwing amphetamine on top of that is the worst thing I could do.

I go for the exact opposite: benzos to keep me calm and help me sleep through withdrawal.

On one detox I tried amphetamin (2fa). It's cool for keeping your mind out of withdrawal, basically I was tweaking on my computer while WDing, but it don't make you avoid any symptom if it don't make them worse. Plus I bet it's not that great for the health. Plus it gave me a 3 hour panic attack at some point of the process.

Best drug for WDing stay dissociative or clonidin.

Sorry to revive an old thread,

But, I've been trying to quit opiates numerous times in the last year. In one of those attempts I used amphetamine sulfate and it totally made my withdrawal symptoms disappear. I used during the day and then used benzos to sleep at night, after 5 days I felt like shit being exhausted from the amp use, but felt like I no longer needed opiates. Unfortunately something happened to piss me off and I said f*** it and just started using opiates again.

Here I am again trying to quit opiates (oxycodone) and decided to try this route again. I have 5g amp sulfate a bunch of benzos and numerous opiates just in case I can't handle it.

I think the way to do it is with having zero tolerance for amphetamine, where when you use it it really makes you euphoric. After about 3 days of use you start just getting wired and no longer euphoric and your nose just cant take it anymore.

I'll let you guys know how it goes. My last dose of oxy was just about now and i took a small line of speed... We'll see in a few days, wish me luck

Clonidine 0.1mg (morning and before bed)
Gabapentin 300mg X 3 daily
Diazepam 10mg (morning and before bed)

…..or Oxycodone 40mg IR and Dexedrine 15mg IR taken together lol, just playing

YES!!!!

I'm really not sure why so many people are saying amphetamines don't work for opiate withdrawal. They definitely DO. In fact, doctors have been using them to treat opiate addiction for ages.

This is from the American Addiction Centers website.... https://recovery.org/drug-treatment/history/
  • "Freud recommends cocaine to treat alcoholism and morphine addiction (1880s). Sigmund Freud began using cocaine himself, calling it the “magical drug.”7 Freud and other American physicians used cocaine to treat alcoholism and morphine addiction. However, in the last of Freud’s writings, he backed off his former defense of using cocaine to treat morphine addiction.2,7"
Whether or not Freud backed off his defense of cocaine use, I do have a friend who went to a rehab center for heroin addiction in the 90's and was prescribed pure amphetamine (not methamphetamine) for acute withdrawals — of course that was alongside phenobarbital in the evening to help with sleep. He told me it was the most effective treatment he had ever received for his heroin addiction, even though he ended up becoming a chronic relapser for 25+ years.

Now to speak for myself, I am a former 12 year IV heroin addict, but have been clean for 9 1/2 years. I maintained on methadone for 5 years, but was able to successfully taper off of my methadone 4 1/2 years ago. l USED ADDERALL to help me with the acute withdrawal that followed a couple of weeks after my last methadone dose. My withdrawals were not severe — they didn't come with all of the dry heaving, diarrhea, body tremors, and restless legs that come with cold turkey opiate withdrawal — but they mostly consisted of yawning, watery eyes, fatigue, muscle soreness, some depression, and a complete lack of motivation — but the adderall mitigated ALL OF THAT. I did not have a tolerance for methamphetamines at all, and so I would take about 1/8 of a 30 mg instant (roughly 3-4 mg) and let it dissolve underneath my tongue, and within 15 minutes or so my eyes would stop watering, my muscle pain would go away, and I would have the energy to get up and go on with my day. I did struggle with some sleep issues, but I also had the luxury of being able to take 1/2mg-1 mg xanax as needed to even out any excess energy in the evenings that would have been exacerbated by the adderall.

I have another friend who found adderall to be extremely helpful with their kratom withdrawals after a 3 year daily habit.

I definitely see that a lot of people on here do not agree with me, but this is just my story and my perceived experience. Oh, and you know what else helps with opiate withdrawal? Edibles. If you're in a legal state try to get some with a 2:1 ratio of THC to CBN, not CBD.

Last edited:
jesus christ, amphetamines are a huge help. The depression is finally gone. You guys have no idea what i've gone through, basically im 19 and im hitting my rock bottom. It's time for me to really look at sobering up.

I just got knee surgery 6 weeks ago and Im taking high HIGH doses of Oxy and Dilaudid. I went in to the doctors today, and i had ran out of medication last night. I was expecting to be put on methadone and she totally sheisted me and wanted me to quit cold turkey. I fucking lost it. I was composed and everything but inside it felt like I hit rock bottom, it was such a lonely scary feeling.

Anyways. The amphetamines help, and im working out something else with my doctors. I still have physical therapy to go through from my surgery but after that im willing to go cold turkey.

Keep a lid on your habits guys. This shit will really overrun your life.
F@ck bro…..that should be illegal.

As a medical professional, having a patient on semi-long term opioid therapy, you MUST slowly & safely wean your patient off opioid analgesic medications

She SHOULD HAVE gradually reduced your daily dosage, day by day, week by week…..until you’re low dose could be ceased and replaced with Clonidine, low dose gabapentinoids, and perhaps for only 3 days or so low dose Diazepam (Valium) 2mg tablets (as needed during worse stage of withdrawal)

Low-dose Valium 2mg / Gabapentin 300mg / Clonidine 0.1mg / Cannabis Indica THC/CBD 10mg …..would be a freaking GOD SEND during opioid cessation.

Taking you off Oxycodone & Dilaudid cold turkey was a f@cking c@nt move and I would’ve spit in her face….inside my mind lol. I know the feeling of trying to contain your composure while inside you wanna bash their skull in and take their script pad

That’s basically medical malpractice …..negligence to the patient that you are ethically responsible for providing appropriate medical care, and when prescribing opioid analgesic medications it’s standard practice to gradually reduce opioids until patient is able to safely/comfortably cease treatment with minimal discomfort

Honestly with I think when someone finds a lot of help for WD from unrelated drugs it’s a big chance that person is a poly-drugy and relief from being sober is big part of experience. Kind of like people with needlemania inject drugs totally pointless or even dangerous to inject to handle main WD easier.

Actually it helps alot of people, just do not go on ridiculous tweek fests. The only way to know is give it a try but many posters at opiophile have reported alot of success using amps during withdrawal. Basically you are going to feel like shit anyway so give it a shot. I would not expect a comedown to be pleasant though.
Co-Signed.