• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Will Amphetamines help Opiate withdrawal?

As I'm writing this its day 3 cold turkey. I did exactly the same as I had for last 2 days and still good, but adderall is wearing off earlier each day. Since my doses are in capsules I opened up one and took out about 1/4 of capsule beads. I wouldn't recommend full dose, most likely will result in NO SLEEP. Going to continue with 1mg of Xanax after 9pm or earlier if the anxyity intensifies. Remember adderall is also addictive and can have big withdrawals also, if you never taken adderall I would recommend to do some research on it before you attempt this.

Please stop posting the exact same post in every thread relating to withdrawal.

Sorry trying to get familiar with the site and the threads. If my post effect anyone feel free to delete them. I was hoping to get some help about the procces from different people.

I think your best bet is to smoke A LOT of weed to help fight your withdrawals. Weed is a miracle drug. You do have the option of self medicating with benzos like xanax or k-pins which would put you at risk of developing an addiction to them but if you could control yourself they could help a lot. I'd say have a couple xanax put back for when your withdrawals get really bad. They will definitely help take the edge off.

No adderrall, no xanex, just a lil vodka last night and everything is all good.
On day 5 no w/d's, just the mind game that we hate so much. So I guess that's it for the physical w/d's if I can keep it up.
So the outcome is amphetamine def helped me to kick my habit. Thanks all for input on the subject, and remember before you statement any this to tamper with your w/d's "DO SOME RESEARCH"

Tried drinking 4 shots and taking some xanax last night and smoked tons of herb to get to sleep. It didn't work, I kept tossing and turning and just couldn't stand lying down. ended up smoking 10 to 15mg bowls of methampetamine and it helped with the physical pain in the joints etc, but made me have to use the toilet more often. I ended up doing the laundry to pass the hours.

Today is day 2 of opiate wd and I tried sleeping again with xanax, herb and some diazepam but again it didn't work. The restlessness was unbearable, but I have untreated ADHD and i feel rather calm.

There a lot of reports of success with control of amphetamines. They do have side effects of being addictive. I used 30-45mg for total of 7 days and it worked great. I would never recommend and alcohol with Xanax, that calls for blackout. If you going to drink, than just drink, it will put you to sleep. :)

I'm starting on 3rd week and I'm occurring PAWS, witch we all know are no fun and mind game. I found a key to that was CHANGE OF ROUTINE and people that you used to hang with and used, well the fact is that some of them will get hurt and it be hard for you also. I found it personally a key factor to my success.
Hope this helps to answer some of the questions.

i think adderall helps opiate withdrawl, to a "certain degree". being in opiate withdrawl, you're vitals already going to be high (blood pressure, pulse), taking adderall on top of that will only increase vitals. sometmes adderall helps my opiate withdrawl and gets me off my ass, and masks the opiate WD, sometimes the adderall will cause extreme irritbility, anxiety, and anti social tendencies while in opiate WD anbd making me more sqirmish and craving more for an opiate fix..it all depends on mindset

Hey, I didn't really read the other posts, but really, just stay away from anymore addictive substances. Amphetamines lost their magic for me so long ago but I still take them. Why? Just to have the slightest bit of energy. They don't motivate me, they make me feel like complete and utter shit. No mood improvement. Only blunting. I'm on an amp crash right now and it's just so not worth it at all to be doing anymore addictive drugs. If you're trying to stay away from opiates, try some alcohol/bud/suboxone. I don't wanna sound like anyone's Mom (maybe I do just because of amp crash), but stay away from amps atleast while WDing opiates.

It's really hit or miss. It can either help by distracting you so severely to the point where you get some "relief" but it's very short lived and you usually feel like shit when they wear off leaving you in more agony than before.

Most often, I've found most amphetamines intensify all the negative WD symptoms.

Yeah, I remember injecting amphet during withdrawals one time; I felt a fleeting sense of relief as the rush kicked in, rapidly wearing off into possibly the worst I've felt in my life: I was still sick, but I also had all the negative side effects of amphet ie nervousness, restless energy, being "on" in an uncomfortable way.

And the comedown while sick was absolute, soul-destroying misery. IMO amphet is terrible for WD: it's relaxation and relief you need, not stimulation.

^exactly.

Methamphetamine is a different story but in no way do I condone its abuse for opioid WD

Crash

It depends on each person, I personally had a success full kick of my habit. The reason behind going with an upper was that I had a 60 hour work schedule and with lil Benz "low dose .5-1" it worked well. Imodium for the belly issues. So it def depends also on how big of a habit you dealing with. I was at almost 90mg a day for 1 1/2-2 years.

Edit: low dose is important, because when you crash you crash. That's when Benz kick in and help with the sleeps less night. Keep in mind adderall has a high potential for abuse also, so I wouldn't recomend long duration of this process, 3-6 days worked AWSOME for me.
If you read the mega thread on opiates you will see my process ad dosages.

Last edited:
ZNegative used to swear by it but I don't have experience with amphetamine use as a opioid WD aid, except for meth once, but while it worked for a few hours, the crash was horrible until i fixed up.

ZNegative used to swear by it but I don't have experience with amphetamine use as a opioid WD aid, except for meth once, but while it worked for a few hours, the crash was horrible until i fixed up.

Yes, the outcome does vary on use and crash is horrible. I was able to time it where crash occurred it was night night time and lil Benz helped me sleep. I do have to say I considered my W/D's MILD, I have never went above snorting at a time 60-90mg of Rx. So, for other I can't stand behind and say YES it will work for you. I haven't used since I attempted this tamper off, witch I did slip at day 6 with only 10mg hydro, but not since that. I have been clean for lil over three weeks still keep a lil count of Benzs for the PAWS.

using amphetamines during opiate withdrawl is harmful for the simple facr that you're vitals go up during opiate withdrawl (blood pressure, pulse), using amphetamine on top of that increase you're vitals also, so its not good to do , based solely on that!

i have never used amphetamines to fully come out of withdrawals but there have been times where i was withdrawing and took an adderall. i can say that it usually helped out a lot. i would usually be at work and it would help me get to work and completely forget about my withdrawals. for the comedowns i would usually use benzos or smoke some weed. if i had my own stash i would definitely try to use them to come off of heroin. but it's easy enough to find subs for me, so i'm not usually in danger. subs are quite stimulating to me as well.

Actually after the first week any upper will help you. But you want something to make you sleep through the first 3 days. You do not want to be awake for those. Adderall or something like nuvigil/provigil helped me in the first month.

Amps def help with WD's, but it's not a safe combo at a high dose. Mainly because for those sleepless nights we tend to take some kind of downer, just fall asleep. Hard thing is to stay asleep. I used this method on my process with success, but I monitored it closely the doses, so I wouldn't develop just another addiction. And Benz at night are always helpful, also small doses. They help stay asleep.

Actually after the first week any upper will help you. But you want something to make you sleep through the first 3 days. You do not want to be awake for those. Adderall or something like nuvigil/provigil helped me in the first month.
I have to agree with this and some other opinions posted on here.

Something like dexamphet., Benzodiazepines, loperamide _and_ nmda antagonists(mainly tried ket and mxe) are good maybe even great if used in the right way, combination(s) and by a knowledgeable and sensible person.

Of course you always have to keep your mind on the fact that you might get some new or even worse habits than you had before.;)

I had good success with the mentioned things to make withdrawals more bearable and sometimes even almost quite easy.

Good luck:)