• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [DXM Subthread] Combinations

I've heard of people selling nutmeg as weed.. but what did they pass off as nutmeg to you? And why?

There's a thread over on Dextroverse about this combo. Some people had a really good time. I think you said you're using whole nuts, so that should help a lot. Pre-ground stuff from the spice aisle can be a lot more sedating and dysphoric than the fresh stuff.

Its not going to kill you or anything though, so at worst you'll just have to feel like shit for a day. But at best you'll be in dreamland. Nutmeg and DXM can both cause very vivid dreamlike CEVs, I'd imagine the two together could be amazing. I say go for it if you want to do it. =D

the combo sounds like a big puke and shitfest.
I made some nutmeg tea once, couldn't choke it down. My friends took it and got sick.
Done dxm, pure form as well as with coriciden (sp?) or other meds.
Either way, went through the hell phase and felt sick. Eventually you trip, and its ok, but the hell stage sucks.

you'll trip, but you'll probably also puke and feel like shit.

inotocracy said:
I've heard of people selling nutmeg as weed.. but what did they pass off as nutmeg to you? And why?

Nutmeg as weed? Thats fucked up....I've heard of mint and parsley, ie. green stuff, but not a pungent brown spice....Goodness me.

Wait wait, I confused myself. The person I know who would pad their weed bags was using oregano not nutmeg. They would do this to maximize profit, and barely anyone noticed. Granted at the time we were all in middle school, so the majority of kids weren't that wise.

I wouldn't want to try nutmeg by itself, let alone with DXM. I have heard too many bad stories.

I tried nutmeg (at the tender age of 14). Actually it wasn't that bad. Nothing I'd do again, but it wasn't that bad. I got a body high, some mild CEV's, and vivid dreams when I fell asleep, but also a terrible headache, dizziness, and a general feeling of malaise for the next few days. Accordingly, I hear that nutmeg is horrendously bad for you. At the end of the day it's probably not worth it.

I went through some trials with DXM when I was younger with doses up to 1.2g for a Fourth Plateau experience. However, I found that I enjoyed a high Second Plateau experience mixed with some good trance music the best way to go about the drug.

As for Nutmeg, I tried it once. The experience was quite unique and intense, though the process of eating it was beyond foul. It is not something I would use again, though later in life, it did give me insight into the effects produced from MDA.

I have only mixed other drugs with DXM once in my life, and the "drug" was Marijuana. Something as mild as herb blasted my peak experience into a circus, feeling as if I had taken over 400mcg's of LSD, leaving my brain in visual "war" with the synthetic and natural worlds produced by the two substances.

Now granted that I am somewhat sensitive to Marijuana because I don't smoke it every day, I will say that it did have something to do with the outcome of the experience. It wasn't bad, but it became very intense, and had I not been experienced with psychedelic drugs, I wouldn't have handled it well.

From that day forward, I considered mixing anything with DXM a bad idea for me. It greatly intensifies the effects of drugs. That brings me to my concern. Judging by the effects DXM has on your liver and its ability to potentiate certain drugs and make others possibly harmful,

I wouldn't personally try the Nutmeg combination. There is no adequate research on it, though Nutmeg contains precursors to MDMA, MDA, and such, and we do know that mixing DXM with entactogens is dangerous.

Aside from those aspects, I just can't imagine it being a pleasant experience at all. Both drugs are very unique in their effect. Perhaps that is why you are asking. I don't know, but I would think twice and do some research on it. In my opinion, it seems unpleasant as well as potentially harmful.

Piper methysticum said:
As for Nutmeg, I tried it once. The experience was quite unique and intense, though the process of eating it was beyond foul. It is not something I would use again, though later in life, it did give me insight into the effects produced from MDA.

... as well as a BL screenname 8o. I chuckled a little bit seeing your name as having replied to this thread.

^Piper methysticum is kava i think.

^You are right, whoops. Nutmeg is myristica fragrans ...

I guess we are all fallible, aren't we?

"I was wrong once ..."

I'd be fucking blowing heavy duty chunks from drinking cough syrup with nutmeg in my stomach already.

dex nausea with nutmeg nausea would detract from the whole experience, not hating on either substance, dxm is a favorite of mine, i just think there are much better combinations to be had with dex that wouldnt be as nauseating.

IMO, nutmeg should only be combined with Indian/Indonesian/Malaysian food or eggnog as it's a great spice for food preparation, but a horribly hepatotoxic compound when used in 'druggy' amounts

MDA? The principal phenylpropene from nutmeg is myristicin, isn't it and that's the precursor for MMDA (both have the 3-methoxy-4,5-methylenedioxy ring substitution pattern)?

anyone tried medium doses of dxm and ketamine together? i have a feeling this coulkd be dangerous,but if its not it could be a super wonderful dissociative experience

I dont think anyone's answered this yet, and I'm curious as well.

I've tried the search engine but was left with a dead link.

so...
dxm + k = worthwhile?

I'd rather have Ket than DXM anyday, so I would think it may just add an element of amnesia to the experience IMHO

Pseudoephedrine will give you a speedy feel, racey heart, ect,.. Its used to make low grade meth. Avoid it in syrups your going to use recreationally.

I experience that.....whatever you do DON'T mix with alcohol.
I had memory loss & convulsions because of that.

dxm is excellent with thc, nitrous, lsd, mushrooms, lsa, beer on the afterglow.

nicotine is alright with it. low dose dxm + opiates or alcohol is ok.

do not mix dxm with any antidepressant (ssri, snri, wellbutrin, trycyclic, MAOI)
do not mix with 5-htp or st. johns wort.
do not mix with mdma,
do not mix with almost any uppers (caffeines ok.)
causes cns depression so be careful with that.

blacking out on gaba agonists is a lot easier on dxm.

always assume that if you haven't confirmed something is safe to do with dxm that it's not. it mixes horribly with almost everything. a lot of combinations can kill you.

my favorite combo is dxm, thc, and nitrous.

taking nitrous on a dxm trip?

I've heard it's really cool.. but I don't really want to look it up right now to make sure that it's awesome. Cuz I'm about to go to sleep.

But has anyone had really good experiences using nitrous while tripping on dxm?

thanks