• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [DXM Subthread] Combinations

I think DXM and nitrous don't mix well at all, and kill each other buzzes. One time combining it, I had a lasting "crashing" sound coming from my inner ear. I thought I popped a blood vessel or something while I was tripping... While I doubt that, I do think it kicked my blood pressure up. Possibly just from a panic attack though. Either way, the tinnitius lasted throughout that trip and for like the next 2 dxm-only trips even.

DXM and 2CE are wonderful, but super anxious at the tail-end (and the 2CE insomnia outlasts even the DXM insomnia).

DXM and JWH-018 was a lasting panic/anxiety attack. It can happen while dissociated. Extremely strange and unpleasant set of sensations.

DXM and 073 is wonderful, however, and more synergistic than weed IME.

LSA and DXM was visual and trippy, but I still end up sore and crampy the next day, so I don't do it.

I have a few more combinations... But my memories are so cloudy/bad/panicked that I can't say much about them.

With tolerance, I think DXM feels and combines and behaves more like alcohol than any other comparison.

I have had a few pleasant experiences with DXM & Salvia. Personally I find Salvia by itself to be a bit of an uncomfortable trip, but with DXM it sure takes some of that anxiety away. Be careful thought it can be quiet dissociative and you definitely won't want to me moving around. DXM intensifies the effects of Salvia, and most other drugs, significantly.

Ah, I forgot about that combo. It's like the one way to make smoking salvia not completely horrorifying. It's still salvia, but the DXM does take away a lot of the freakiness and anxiety.

I tried DXM and Nitrous last friday (also mixed with weed and oxycodone) and it was an incredible experience but all this talk of neurotoxicity has me a bit worried.....

but all this talk of neurotoxicity has me a bit worried.....
Neurotoxicity is simply a substances toxicity to neurons. Betcha woulda had a hard time figuring that out, huh? In general, this is insignificant, unless you partake in a specific drugs' use often for great lengths of time.

For example, alcohol is neurotoxic. But one beer doesn't cause obvious brain damage.

Now if you remain an alcoholic for years on end, you'll pickle your brain.

Don't worry. And if you're doing lots of nitrous, take vitamin b12 supplements.

Hooray.

weed and nitrous is fun. try the combo without weed. I think dxm and nitrous is a crappy combo, and based off my own subjective experiences, I'd say they are competitive at the pharmological level.

But nitrous is such a short duration that it's probably fine. But if you do like 40 whippets while on DXM with any regularity, I'd be concerned.

In and of it self, serotonin toxicity sucks total ass.

I posted this in another thread a few days back.

Ya I was being sarcastic. Someone else here seemed like they thought it was ok. DXM toxiciy and seratonin syndrome suck. Take heed my child.

weed and nitrous is fun. try the combo without weed. I think dxm and nitrous is a crappy combo, and based off my own subjective experiences, I'd say they are competitive at the pharmological level.

But nitrous is such a short duration that it's probably fine. But if you do like 40 whippets while on DXM with any regularity, I'd be concerned.

I agree weed and nitrous is a very fun combo

I'm not a huge fan of DXM
I seem to have an unusual tolerance to it
...anyone else have this problem?

I had a full bottle of Robotussin (600mg of DXM)
and i only had what seemed to be a 2d plateau trip, and not the high-end either
(i also had a few cones after downing the tussin)

quite interested in trying it again soon however
note: I had only ingested DXM twice before, both not recently pior

(but i do agree, definitely better with cones)
:)

i fucking love DXM. its my favorite drug. some good combos that i have tried was DXM with LSD, DXM with 5-meo-DMT and some of the 2cx drugs are good as well.one of my favorite expierences was i took 8 tabs of good acid and 1800mgs of DXM. i tripped for sooooooo long and it was amazing

Promethazine + Hydrocodone + DXM

I have heard a lot of talk about Promethazine and Codeine (mostly in the syrup people call Purple Drank or Lean or whatever) and I've heard a couple people mention taking promethazine with hydrocodone and some mentioning taking promethazine and DXM.

My friend happened upon 2 25mg pills of promethazine and I happen to have a 5/500mg hydro and some DXM pills. Is it safe to mix all three, taking one of each? Will it even be interesting if I do?

Take the promethazine with the hydrocodone, do the DXM by itself. Promethazine is an antihistamine that causes quite a bit of drowsiness and will enhance your nod. DXM is better off on its own because combining it with hydrocodone is unsafe (I forget why exactly but I'm sure you could find it with a quick search), and promethazine would just make you pass out and waste a perfectly good DXM trip.

As Promethazine is an OTC drug in Australia and I tend to have sneezing fits during spring, I've had my fair share of daily Promethazine use.

Promethazine at 25mg pills wont completely knock you out, however combined with an Opiate, as peacelovedope advised, will enhance it.

1) DXM + Hydrocodone = Increased respiratory depression, but thats not even a minor concern for only 5mg hydrocodone.

2) DXM + Promethazine = No contraindications.

3) 5mg Hydrocodone + 25 mg Promethazine is going to be a very underwhelming experience, even for someone who has no opiate tolerance. You probably will just feel tired...

OP: DXM is dangerous with a bunch of different classes of drugs, but you actually picked a couple that you can combine with relative safety. And when the above facts are taken into consideration, you honestly can go ahead and take 'em all together if you want.

1) DXM + Hydrocodone = Increased respiratory depression, but thats not even a minor concern for only 5mg hydrocodone.

2) DXM + Promethazine = No contraindications.

3) 5mg Hydrocodone + 25 mg Promethazine is going to be a very underwhelming experience, even for someone who has no opiate tolerance. You probably will just feel tired...

OP: DXM is dangerous with a bunch of different classes of drugs, but you actually picked a couple that you can combine with relative safety. And when the above facts are taken into consideration, you honestly can go ahead and take 'em all together if you want.

So if I were to combine only promethazine and hydrocodone, do you think I should take more hydrocodone or more promethazine?

^More hydrocodone. 50mg promethazine (just noticed you said 2x25) is plenty for use as a potentiator. How much do you weigh?

I agree, take the Promethazine and the Hydrocodone together. You want more of the Opiates, as Promethazine isn't really that fun (IMO) but acts very well as a potentiator of Opiates (just like many other drugs).

actually, promethazine dxm, and hydrocodone are all going to compete for cyp2d6 i think. idk if that means its an unsafe combination or not though. if you do use them all together, definitely use smaller doses of everything than you normally would use.

any crazy bastards ever try DXM + amanitas? a friend is planning on trying this combination tonight. yes, a friend, for real... don't think i'd ever try this combo. i told him my guess is that it would be pretty strongly synergistic and might induce horrible, gut-wrenching nausea. he still wants to try it. 450mg and a small amount of amanitas (i'm not too familiar with agaric dosing).