• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [DXM Subthread] Combinations

This isn't ADD material, just erowid it mate, all the questions you have been asking can be found there in seconds.

Agreed, but on a more ADD oriented note: taking nitrous while on K or DXM probably increases the neurotoxicity of these substances substantially. Best avoid if you like your braincells, then again you wouldn't be making retarded posts about DXM if you cared about them.

^^ Would like to see more thoughts on potential neurotoxicity, due to the MOD of NoZ I can't really see why it would increase but then I'm a newb in such fields.

Agreed, but on a more ADD oriented note: taking nitrous while on K or DXM probably increases the neurotoxicity of these substances substantially. Best avoid if you like your braincells, then again you wouldn't be making retarded posts about DXM if you cared about them.
I remember reading something about increased risk of neurotoxicity when combining NMDA antagonists in animals.
I cant seem to fins the article now, but i remrember that the doses they mentioned were extremely large.

Also there is nothing wrong with using DXM. Some psychonaut friends of mine hold it in very high regard as a psychedelic/dissocaiative. And DXM doesnt kill brain cells either.

^^ Would like to see more thoughts on potential neurotoxicity, due to the MOD of NoZ I can't really see why it would increase but then I'm a newb in such fields.

i found this on pub-med about nitrous with ketamine
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15718054

but it says they potentiate each others neurotoxicity. I dont understand how thats possible when neither substance is neurotoxic on its own.

DXM+K2 Summit+DPH

I have had a few experiences with k2 summit smoking blend, and it has actually given me more intense highs then weed has ever given me. So I am going to take 780mg (I have tolerance) then smoke a bowl of summit when i start to peak. Also, i have heard some people say that Diphenhydramine in doses from 100-200 intensify a DXM trip. So I was looking for any one elses opinion of mixing the DPH with this. I just want to do enough to intensify the CEVs and hopefully OEVs and to help with the roboitch. Would the DPH make it a different kind of trip? If i do take it i plan on 200mg.

DXM+Cannabis+Ambien Effects?

Ive decided to take 780 mg of DXM tonight, wait 2 hours, then smoke some dank bud that i just got about 5 mins ago. I also found an ambien (12.5mg). would it be dangerous to mix zolpidem with DXM and weed? I have smoked on DXM before and ambien but would combining all 3 of them be safe? Also, would it make the trip more enjoyable, or would it hide some of the effects of dxm?

in my experience, there is a high risk of blacking out with zolpidem. I'd take it to sleep after the trip (if at all).

DXM greatly increases sensitivity to diphenhydramine. I have taken the doses you labeled and experienced fear, paranoia, and general awfulness. I would experience pretty strong visuals, but my mind was in pure hell. CEVs were non-present every time. You also fall into intense, unpleasant daydreams/trances that you think are real until your body feels like it's getting shocked back into reality.

Granted, I've taken those doses and also just gotten a stupider, slower DXM high. I reckon, in either scenario, you will wake up feeling absolute shit in the morning. I fell for those rumors too. I feel even 25 mg of benadryl will detriment the trip.

Now, the DXM and smoking blend is highly reccomended. For me, the smoking blends add more to the visuals, and while it does alter the trip, it's still nice. I prefers them over weed even. But whatever you do, you should experiment with just two out of that combo before you jump into all three. For your (and other people's) safety and satisfaction.

I took an ambien to try to sleep on a DXM combo. I blacked-out and didn't go to sleep for two hours. Lucky I just posted stupidity on bluelight. I can't really remember what it felt like though.

Since you have a DXM tolerance, I think you're at greater risk for blackout than respitory failure. That's typically the case when combining DXM with downers. Less trippy, less euphoric, and you become dangerously detached from reality.

Don't do the DXM and ambien. You will probably hurt yourself, and even other people. You will definitely lose the rest of your sack and maybe your pipe, too.

Last edited:
Merged two threads about DXM combinations. Please use the Psychedelic Index to find the Big threads and subthreads instead of making a new one every time. Thnx.

dxm + diphenhydramine + marijuana + ambien would be a VERY deliriant combination for me. i would for example probably both be talking out loud to people that aren't there and then not remembering a fucking word of the conversation and seeing people sitting around the room then looking closer and they disappear.

I mixed DXM with 5-MeO-AMT one time and it was one of the worst experiences of my life. I wanted to die for at least 12 hours. Sick as motherfucking shit.

So most people will tell you not to mix DXM with SSRI's. But I loved DXM when I was on Prozac. It intensifies the high by like times 50. The dissociation is way more intense. You feel invincible, super strong, extremely flexible, you don't sleep at all, it lasts for over 24 hours and at the peak ofthe high I've experienced visuals. I was forced to go to the ER and the doctor told mei had serotonin syndrome and asked if I was trying to kill myself. Told me my blood pressure was the same as a ln overweight 90 year old man. Oh and you also don't have to take as much to get high. I drank 12oz and I was good for 24 hours.

^ oh ya seratonin syndrome is the shit! It's bad for you but totally worth it! I've OD'd on CCC twice before learning it was bad. Great times.

Maybe not, as long as DOB doesn't induce increased intersynaptic 5ht (via release or reuptake). But there might be other unpleasantries with which to contend, and I don't know DOB's full receptor-affinity spread off the top of my head....

^ oh ya seratonin syndrome is the shit! It's bad for you but totally worth it! I've OD'd on CCC twice before learning it was bad. Great times.
In and of it self, serotonin toxicity sucks total ass.

I posted this in another thread a few days back.

I first tried DXM last year. I dosed on about 160mg, and didn't realize anything had happened until I went to stand up. I had minor vertigo, and "robowalked." I spent the trip walking around in my room, for my own amusement.

I tried dxm just a couple days ago, too. It's worth noting I'm on a SSNRI (venlafaxine, brand name Effexor), although I've lowered my daily dose from 225mg to 150mg. It affects reuptake of serotonin, norepinephrine, and possibly dopamine.

The first night I tried 360mg; had some confusion, music was more detailed (with loss of mids and bass) and rather unenjoyable, sense of orientation and balance was lost, and that's about it. Wholely unremarkable.

Then I tried 600mg the next night and had a rough experience. Music started off pleasant but then took an uninteresting turn. I managed to get up on my feet at this point, which was an unusual experience. While having no sense of position or orientation, it simultaneously felt like I'd ascended thousands of feet. The less I thought about physical actions, the easier it was to do them, and thus I managed to get Pink Floyd PULSE from my room and return to my original location. The music soon became an integral part of my experience, which was deeply disturbing when Sorrow started playing. My girlfriend, who I'd awoken prior to the song, was worried about me and called out of work. What probably worried her most is that I asked her to turn off Pink Floyd, because it was unbearable to me. By this time I was sweating profusely, my temperature had risen, my heart rate increased to 120-130ppm, and my blood pressure spiked. I feared serotonin toxicity and subsequent death, amidst the horrid confusion and derealization of the world. Several times I experienced ego death, which was a pleasant retreat, but I would cycle right back to myself, panicing and dissassociated. I induced vomiting (mentally, all I had to do was think about it) but it was too late. I'd absorbed and digested all the gelcaps, which I took on an empty stomache, and only dry-heaved. I uttered nonsense to my girlfriend, convinced about certain truths and whatnot. Other side effects include inability to focus eyes, flanging (strobing, phasing, what have you) of the senses, increased perception of light (everything was bright and washed out), mental space reminiscent of nitrousoxide-land (although brighter), and lasting confusion and vertigo well into the next day. Mostly gone by 8pm yesterday, however still not back to baseline. I also had short-term memory issues; I'd often ask my girlfriend the same questions over and over.

I dosed almost exactly two days ago. My pupils are still dilated, and my heart rate is at 99bpm. It wasn't a fun experience, in many ways a bad trip, but I don't regret it. Never had a good trip on anything, but I'll keep trying... Rock on.

Also, if my post is jumbled and whatnot, please excuse it, my mind's toast. I did this experiment after successive dosing of marijuana, LSAs, and nitrous oxide the immediate days prior. I'm going to try diethyl ether soon, but not before a healthy break.

If your not new to tripping, I would suggest taking a good dose of dxm and lsd, me and many friends tried it and it was wonderful. We took 3 hits of good gel-tab acid, and then about an 1 and a half into it took around 340mg of dxm. Amazing trip, lots of visuals even audio hallucination. Sounded like a train was running straight through my ears. and my whole ceiling(drop in white one) turning into multi-colored swirls and patters. DEFFFF recomend