• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [DXM Subthread] Combinations

I have combined xanax, valium, alcohol, weed, codeine, and hydrocodone with high doses of dxm. I noticed NO ill effects with any of them, but then again I am kind of lucky in that I usually don't get any of the more serious side effects associated with use (except for alcohol).
This is NOT to say that it is right for you. But this just lets you know that it IS possible to combine these things with dxm. Start very low, especially with the codeine (due to some metabolism issues), and work your way up.

Originally posted by Magical Mystery Tour:
"Last week I took 711mg of DXM (8oz Tussin), marijuana, 12 beers, and at the end of the night, 3mg of Xanax to get to sleep"
DONT LISTEN TO THIS GUY! mixing alchol and dxm is extreamely dangerous and is a quick way to OD. but to your origional question im not sure about xanax but personally i have taken a few codine pills during a trip and couldnt even feel them i was tripping so hard. Dont waste your time using codine on Dxm but you may have differant results on xanax

You conveniently left out what I said first. "Yeah, it won't kill you. (I'm not saying it's healthy either, who knows)."
I've had alcohol with DXM quite a few times and I'm still here. Although I'm fairly tolerant to alcohol and benzo's. I wouldn't recommend a lightweight drinker drink a 12 pack on DXM, nor a non-tolerant benzo user to take 3mg of Xanax on top of a heavy dose of DXM. But I shouldn't need to state that, it should be obvious. I was just relating my experience to the original poster.

opiates (codiene, hydrocodone, and so on) are potentiated by DXM - dxm lowers your tolerance and prevents tolerance from increasing, as well as making the painkillers stronger.
what's really fun, though, is doing dxm with k... =) trust me on this.

I've mixed DXM with mushrooms, nitrious, marijuana, alcohol and di-hydrocodeine.
I had a pretty good time, but my mushroom dose wasn't very high. It was a very bright and alien like day trip. Swimming was intensly weird, like an alien substance that is trying to consume you, but in a beautiful way :) Also when underwater, time slows down even further! :)
Btw, as said above, don't overdo the alcohol as DXM and other drugs intensify it.
And always start low with all drugs on first time combos, if you don't get desired effects after waiting a while, then up the dosages a bit..

dont know if this is true but i herd mixing codien and dxm can kill you .
one of them thins your blood and the other one slows your heart rate causing very low amounts of o2 to make it to your brain. i mixed the two once aparently i didnt die but i didnt do much of the codine i felt great but i couldent stop falling asleep

a low benzo dose may protect you from neurotoxicity when using dxm. I'd be careful with dosing, really careful.

Does DXM mix well with any other psychedelics, such as mushrooms? What is that combination like? Thanks.

Jonah, that's just your opinion..

S1ngularity, stop making so many redundant threads. SEARCH for a change.

I have had experiences with lsd + dxm, as well as several rcs. I think it usually works out rather amazingly...but do research doses for combos. There are some reports on erowid. And usually stick to lower doses of both subtsances.

I've really enjoyed low dose DXM/psilocybin comboes. Ganja's good too. Generally I like it mixed with something not too hard on the stomach -- it tends to make my tummy quite weird.

I did search for combo trip reports. I found some on erowid, but I didnt feel they gave me enough information, especially for the dxm + mushroom ones, I couldnt find any that used more than 1g of mushrooms for the dose.

I've never really mixed DXM with other drugs (except if you count caffeine, but I'm sure you're referring to other psychedelics). It would probably cause me more nausea than I'm willing to deal with. However, I'm sure DXM combined with any decently visual hallucinogen would create some unbelievably trippy and vivid visuals, especially in the dark.

Here is my DXM + Mushroom trip report:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=133751&r=9

Make of it what you will... I found that once the DXM leveled off into a peak/plateau (3-5 hours after taking it) it was a beautiful experience.

But I didn't bother to re-read this trip report, so maybe parts of it sucked that I don't remember. If I was to take this combo again (which I probably wouldn't because I used to abuse DXM way too much and I haven't touched it in a while) I would take a larger dose of DXM and the same relatively small dose of shrooms.

But yeah, it's a nice combo. I would eat the shrooms like 1 hour after you took the DXM so they both peak at the same time.

I have done dxm with about and eigth and a half of mushrooms, along with a few gel tabs lsd and an e pill. I was pinned against the wall with psychedelia. Although I had a wonderfully beautiful experience, combining dxm + mdma is said to be a no no. SO, take that info for what you will. I was ok, but maybe I was just lucky.

I think the trick is to stagger yer doses. I used to take the dxm about 2-3 hours into the experience, rarely before. And always smoked lots of weed during.

Be Safe.

Yeah, taking MDMA together with DXM is asking for serotonin syndrome.. You don't wanna do that. I've also seen a couple of people mention that other serotonergic agonist also have the ability to induce serotonin syndrome if taken in combination with DXM, but I've never seen many people have symptoms like those in SS when they combined, for example mushrooms with DXM..

I've taken mushrooms with DXM (& DPT), I liked it.. Was a long while ago, but I know that I took more mushrooms and DPT as DXM. Just start with small doses of each.

Funny you ask this, as I've just had an amazing and mystical experience mixing LSD and DXM. Based on this one experience, I'd consider these two drugs to be complimentary!