• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 2010-11 college football thread! ver. Auburn VS Oregon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus I think im gonna start stockpiling benzos and whiskey for when Bama losses. I used to really hate tennesee then I dated a girl from Knoxville realized it was a really cool city I admire yalls passion SEC definatly has the craziest fans.

I would beg to differ on who has the craziest fans. The Big 10 venues I've been too have been pretty nutty (OSU, Indiana, Penn State, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Illinois).

On the other hand, I've been to three games at Knoxville and one at Gainesville. While it was a good time at both, I can say without question it gets much crazier in Columbus and Madison.

But oh well I imagine every great program has crazy and passionate fans.
I do know that they use the made up word "yall" much more in Knoxville than anywhere I've been;)

i agree, big 10 fans get crazier but in a completely obnoxious way. we certainly have our fair share of redneck idiots in knoxville but for the most part we're pretty respectable. and neyland gets fucking LOUD.

crimsonjunk - as much as i hate bammer, i've always had respect for ya'll. the ut/bammer rilvarly is one of my favorites.

Neyland got pretty loud, but it wasn't anything compared to the 'Shoe! And I certainly saw more than a share of obnoxious incidents in Knoxville, but who said anything is wrong with being obnoxious? I was just referring what kind of party atmosphere/vibe I got from the scene...Knoxville was much better than Gainesville, and certainly better than Bloomington, Ann Arbor, and Champaigne, but I think Madison and Ohio State are two of the best college football enviroments in the country.

And why is Alabama being called bammer? Has that always been one of their nicknames or are you guys intentionally trying to sound like cute little 5 year olds? It reminds me of when women who are pregnant call themselves "preggers".

I am really not trying to pick a fight or anything, but is Bammers a degrading remark or an affectionate way to say "Alabama"? Is it just another nickname like 'Bama? Or do people just type it like that to sound all cute?

I want to know!

Last edited:
i hate the word pregger. that's fucking gay.

i don't know, i just call em bammer on teh internet because i think it sounds neck.

Big Ten has some crazy ass fans, highlighted most definitely by Ohio State and our knack for riots and such. but the SEC has some good bat-shit crazy fans, too. the SEC has a lot of rednecks obviously, and a big HUGE fraternity/sorority scene so most fans are into that sort of peculiar Southern institution. the one thing I do like better about Southern college football fans is that the women (who are almost always in a sorority) like to dress up in dresses while they watch college football. that is sexy

ehh off topic, but ... go blue!

on the tenn thing, about fell over laughing at the coach celebrating and then loosing.
sorry fellas.

oregonvcaliforniaa2mp7e.jpg

eek! look at how extremely ugly some of the Pac-10's teams have been this year. I usually like Oregon's uniforms, due to them being Nike labrats, but these are just awful. I think Cal is wearing their throwbacks - more like throw that back in the dumpster amirite amirite?

eek! look at how extremely ugly some of the Pac-10's teams have been this year. I usually like Oregon's uniforms, due to them being Nike labrats, but these are just awful. I think Cal is wearing their throwbacks - more like throw that back in the dumpster amirite amirite?

let's not turn our football thread into a freakin fashion thread nancy.

Am I seriously the only person who likes seeing stuff like Army playing in camo, or TCU's new nike stuff?

greatest+uniforms+ever.jpg

TCU-Nike-Pro-Combat-Uniform.jpg

I get that there are some programs where this absolutely wouldn't fly at all (OSU, bama, ND) and some programs where I don't think you can improve one bit (VT, UCLA, miami, Texas), and not every school gets to be a nike lab, AND that Oregon makes some pretty big missteps, but most other programs out there could make some changes, and the result would be more attention and more swagger.

I like the changes, but only because I'm a fan of one of the most tradition-infused football teams of all-time. sometimes it gets pretty boring being an OSU fan, but at least Jim Tressel has been throwing caution to the wind lately and drinking the orange juice straight from the bottle when he gets home I'm sure.

my eyes were just totally assaulted during that Oregon/Cal game. I don't want to sound like a liberal talking about jerseys but if you look like a homo imo you play like one

OSU's throwbacks:

pryornewjersey.jpg

looks ok for a throwback but helmets look too much like Bama.

3402058.jpeg

my fave throw backs have to be UCLA. I'm a sucker for powder keg blue. if they can make Phillip Rivers not look like a whiny punk than they can do wonders for all programs

+2....so, getting back to real football talk... WEEK 6: (Apologies if I'm not up to my usual length or depth of posting - stuck on a laptop for a few days):

12:00 PM ET Indiana at No. 2 Ohio State (-21.5) - Can IND show it can fight like it did with MICH....maybe. tOSU wins, but not by as much as most might think
12:00 PM ET Illinois at Penn State (-7.5) - Small line, PSU by more
12:21 PM ET Tennessee at Georgia (-11)- someone will finally get a much needed conference win 8(
3:30 PM ET UCLA at California (-7.5) - whatver...
3:30 PM ET No. 1 Alabama at No. 19 South Carolina (+7)- Trap game? No. But I bet USCe does better than FLA did
3:30 PM ET No. 11 Arkansas vs. Texas A&M* (+5.5)- rivalry game, cross conference....not much to watch, though
3:30 PM ET No. 17 Michigan State at No. 18 Michigan (-4.5) - perhaps game of the day. My money is on the retard
7:30 PM ET No. 12 LSU at No. 14 Florida (-6.5)- I think both teams need to prove they belong in the top 15, one will prove they do NOT belong....I don't know if the other can prove they do
8:00 PM ET Toledo at No. 4 Boise State (-39) - can you say beatdown?
8:00 PM ET No. 23 Florida State at No. 13 Miami (FL) (-6) - Happy Birthday Dumbo Fisher...her's your gift....an ass kicking my MIA

Your biased hatred towards the Pac-10 appalls me TLB. ;)

This week features a lot of interesting matchups aside from the blowout that will be Oregon @ Wazzu.

UCLA @ Cal: whatver says the man above me, but for the Bruins, this is the start of the gauntlet in the sked: @ Oregon, Arizona, Oregon St. to follow. It is imperative the Bruins win one of the two road games in these next two weekends. Since Cal seems the more likely of the two, it should be a good game. Cal, on the other hand, needs to rebound badly after a tough loss to 'Zona and has had two weeks to prepare.

USC @ #16/#18 Stanford: With both teams coming off tough losses, this will be one to watch. Since Harbaugh's made a living out of beating 'SC, I expect the Tree to take it handily, but 'SC has plenty of talent and should be able to stay in it for awhile.

Oregon St @ #9/#11 Arizona: This is going to be a tough call. The Beavers have been tested against quality opposition in TCU and Boise while 'Zona had its biggest non-conference win in years against Iowa. This is a pretty even matchup and I have a feeling the Rodgers bros. will lead their team to an upset over the Wildcats. Stoopsy, Foles and Co. have had two weeks to get ready though and it is in the desert so they should be favored.

Arizona St. @ Washington: For a matchup featuring teams predicted to be in the bottom half of the league, this is pretty damned good. ASU has played tough in its last 3 games to no avail, giving the likes of Wisconsin, Oregon, and Oregon St. plenty of trouble while UDub is riding high after walking into the LA Coliseum and beating 'SC in what was a game 'SC had penciled in as a revenge game. After being destroyed by Nebraska, the Huskies got the rebound win they needed. Hard call in this one, but I think Locker has gotten back on course and squeaks out a victory here.

Oh, and for the Big 12, gotta mention tonight's game...

#7/#6 Nebraska @ Kansas State: Battle of undefeated squads. Nebraska looks like they should take it, but never count out a Bill Snyder-led KSU team.

oregonvcaliforniaa2mp7e.jpg

Last year, not this year. Those two teams have yet to play each other.

Contrary to your opinion Axl, I actually think Oregon has the worst unis because they are Nike's lab rats, and Cal typically doesn't wear all yellow and those are definitely not throwbacks.

Those UCLA throwbacks from last year do look nice though eh? :D

powder keg blue is for sure one of my fave professional sports colors.

Michigan almost got beat by a mediocre (for once not HORRIBLE) Indiana team. I think that we are all giving Michigan and Denard the Tard way too much credit.

Sparty has a WELL ROUNDED attack. Cousins can throw ball, they can run the ball, and they can play defense. something that Michigan wishes Dick Rod could instigate in a football program. Mark Dantonio is a great coach, and has disciplined teams.

I would pick Sparty for the win easily. the only thing going against me here, in my mind, is that whenever it seems that Michigan State is going to turn the corner from mediocre to great - they fall on their asses. hopefully this will not be the time

Status
Not open for further replies.