• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 2010-11 college football thread! ver. Auburn VS Oregon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude the ending of LSU/Tennessee was absurd. LSU may be the most overrated top 10 team ever with their QB play.

The Texas/Oklahoma ending was full of lulz too.

I'm a little sad Stanford couldn't beat Oregon...seemed like the refs helped out the Ducks a bit but they did a great job shutting out Luck and Co. in the second half. Now I just hope they don't shit the bed at the worst possible time.

2:00 PM ET No. 5 TCU at Colorado State (+33.5) - Conference game, can't knock 'em for it :\ But when you are a 33.5 favorite for in-conference games, you can't argue back when people criticize a weak schedule, IMO. You just better beat them by 40+.
IMO, not impressive :| I understand there were several players not playing, and altitude, but c'mon 27-0?

3:30 PM ET No. 21 Texas vs. No. 8 Oklahoma* (+3.5) - Red River Rivalry. Does TX respond to it's UCLA loss with a sense of proving themselves, or are they simply that over rated, and OU rolls them? TX 17 - OU 34.
20-28...and it didn't really feel that close. TX drops out of the top 25? I think so. OU slides up a bit...but I'm still not sold on them either.

3:30 PM ET No. 11 Wisconsin at No. 24 Michigan State (+2) - A top 25 matchup for opening weekend of Big10+2 play...and a good one, too. WISC 10 - MSU 17
Good game, 24-34. I don't think WISC was overranked, as much as MSU is probably under ranked. This win should address that.

3:30 PM ET No. 19 Michigan at Indiana (+10) - Over under for Mr. Robinson's yardage this weekend? I'll go over 400 for the win. MICH 42 - IND 14.
Really, IND offense and MICH defense wholly surprised me by making this closer than expected at 42-35....and the way the game went, I'd have not been surprised with an IND win. Still, the over-under on Robinson should have been 500 :eek:

Shoelaces is the only person I've heard the Heisman soothsayer (a black man I know named Pierce) mention. I agree with TLB, he's a freak. He's built for track but is apparently playing football decently (as well as Michigan will let him). He'll be around, in sports, somehow, for a long time.

He's a sophmore, right? I think he'll continue to become a legend this year (barring injury) in that I don't think anyone can stop him. But the MICH defense won't let them get into the NC game (maybe they can win the Big10+2 BCS bid, I'm thinking-hoping they do). Still, I see shoelace like Charlie Ward (but way fucking better) in that he'll do very well in college and probably win a Heisman (this year, don't know if it will still work next year), and NOT play in the pros. I just don't see it....then again, there's lots of players I didn't think would make the NFL but did.

7:00 PM ET Georgia at Colorado (+4.5) - @ COL? Really? What did we learn from GT @ KAN? Well, UGA does have AJ Green back, finally. UGA 21 - COL 17.
Fucking SEC ineptitude of the week v2 (v1 would be TENN and-or LSU). 27-29 loss....yes, on the road (far away), yes at altitude, but c'mon....UGA is horrible. HORRIBLE. That said, I hope FLA doesn't turn the ball over so much we lose to them or even keep it close 8) Then again, they might just be turning it right back over to us :\ Richt is out - he has to win 5 of his last 7 to even be bowl eligible (not that anyone would take them), and I can see them losing to TENN, possibly VANDY, to FLA, AUB, and possibly GT. Hell, the only 'sure win' is Idaho State....and at this point, even that is iffy.

8:00 PM ET No. 7 Florida at No. 1 Alabama (-8 ) - Top 10 matchup, but do I really need to say anything more? FL 17 - AL 28.

Damn... I'm not even going to crack a joke about Florida on this one. Bama is ridiculous. They look like an NFL team out there.

Ah, SEC ineptitude v3 for the week. FLA has twice the passing yards, twice the return yards (which is probably inflated by receiving 5 kickoffs after AL scores 8) ) - but we give them 4 fucking turnovers. We looked young and dumb - I want to kill our Off Coord, and I'll cut Brantley a break for being relatively n00b :| But bottom line, we could have been in this game if we hadn't shot ourselves in both feet repeatedly. That said, AL is a monster. Even if we see them in the SECCG, and I'd expect us to be much better by then, they'd still roll us. They are by far the most solid team I've seen this year - they should make a good NC matchup for the likes of ORE (sorry tOSU, I think MICH has your number....but we'll see).

Bama VS Florida - FLA has improved leaps and bounds from their season opening debacle against the "almighty" Miami Redhawks. Florida has swagger defensively, and Bama's got swag offensively. the Bama D is good but I feel like one can get some big plays out of them because they are a bit green at some positions. FLA is a team that is still trying to figure out who they are, and although I would love to see an upset I don't think it is going to happen. at the very least, it should be a close game.

Maybe we can be close at the SECCG, if we ever figure out who we are. Grumble, grumble, offense....

8:00 PM ET No. 9 Stanford at No. 4 Oregon (-7) - Another Top 10 matchup, College Gameday live from Eugene, OR. Lee Corso will done the Cardinal mascot head, and STAN pulls the upset. STAN 20 - OR 17.
F'n good game! I was enjoying the lead STAN jumped out to, but then ORE just never quits. They, also, strike me as a great team this year. Certainly in the top tier, and I'm not sure when or if they might lose :\

8:05 PM ET No. 22 Penn State at No. 17 Iowa (-7) - Top 25 matchup for the Big10+2, something of a rivalry game with how it's gone in recent years. PSU 20 - IA 30. Sorry, Joe Pa.
I overestimated PSU :\ I see IA in the top 2-3 of the Big10+2 this year, especially if they get past their game at MICH next weekend (they have WISC, MSU, and tOSU at home this season).

Anyone see the most bizarre finish in the LSU - Tenn game? LSU and Lester the clock molester got a miracle from Tenn by having too many men on the field...

As an LSU fan im completely and utterly embarassed by Les Miles. Tenn really deserved that one....Too bad the coaches for Tenn tried to out-buffoon Les Miles (still werent successful despite the loss)

Les Miles is a great recruiter....and he does some other things pretty well as a coach....But it cant be overlooked what a horrible game day coach he's been the latst few years...especially in crunch time. He has got to be the luckiest motherfucker in the world. In the 2007 year I believe it was talent that bailed him out....even then....it took a miracle loss by WVU to get LSU in the NC...

One has to wonder how long Miles will keep his job. He is most definitely the "luckiest motherfucker in the world"....one of these seasons it will cost him early and the team won't be able to overcome the emotional wtf with their talent and it'll be the death knell (see Richt, Mark). I wouldn't worry too much about it, because I fully expect this season they will lose to 3 or 4 of the power(ish) teams they face with FL, AL, AU, and ARK still left on their schedule. They will be going to a chump bowl.

Last edited:
My big lesson from this week is that the almighty SEC has shown bad coaching, crappy player execution, and been generally over hyped as 'tough'. I'm not buying the 'conference beats each other up' jingle, the conference overall is not that good. There is AL, then down several notches are some decent but not great teams, and then there are some gawd awful teams.

Other lessons are that ORE is for real, IA and MICH will make noise this season in-conference, USCw (lost at home to WASH ST) is in for a long couple of years and being a media darling isn't going to change that, ND is still building and will be okay but just not a big noise this year. I think overall we're getting a better look at contenders and pretenders as we enter league play, and there shouldn't be much bitching come the end of the BCS rankings, other than BSU and TCU with their undefeated seasons and weak assed schedules....the rest of the BCS schools, they'll know who belongs and there won't be much issue on that.

Denard Robinson is a retard

Sounds like you hate Michigan about as much as I hate Florida. I was unable to give Tebow any credit for his accomplishments. It's like the world is upside down in those years where Florida has a better team than Miami. I can still feel satisfied knowing that Miami has as many titles as FSU and Florida combined.

I'm pretty sure Ohio State beats Michigan this year, even though Denard will have a monster game. Next year will be insane.

And what the fuck is up with Urban Meyer's ego? I think the Gators could have been in the game a little bit more had he not demoralized the team by trying the patented Tebow jump pass with somebody who is clearly not Tim Tebow after driving the length of the field. You take the goddamn points that early in the game. I am beginning to see why he wanted to retire at the end of last year. He can never duplicate the success that the Tebow-Harvin combo automatically brought with it.

I do have hate, but I can't be too foolish about it. Denard can't tie his shoes and that's why I call him a retard. but he is a monster athlete. however, lets keep in mind that Michigan has hardly played anyone this year (and they have almost lost to Indian and UMass... not your typical college football powerhouses)

I have come to claim my one free internets for betting against my beloved dawgs. TIA.

I have come to claim my one free internets for betting against my beloved dawgs. TIA.

That was an awful loss Mark Richt should be fired. You could tell the size differance between the colorado and Georgia lineman yet no rushing attack fro Georgia. Not to mention an SEC defence getting embarressed like that. I was embaressed as an SEC fan. I think Georgia wins 4 games this year Richt gets canned

When bobo sent everyone down field on that 3rd and 4 I about lost it. And then proceeded to throw murry under the bus. WTF. I have given richt too many chances I want to see some hope and change.

I'm sorry dude. That was horrendous.

Can I count the win for the Pac-12 over the SEC? Heh.

nope, because they aren't in your conference this year. Will you stop posting if UCLA returns to being a team as shitty as mine is being this year? ;) <3

looks like Oregon jumped Boise State in the rankings.

agree or disagree?

I agree, they looked damn impressive.

UCLA hasn't really proved anything. Houston ended up nothing, and I don't think Texas is that good at all (either Oklahoma for that matter)

looks like Oregon jumped Boise State in the rankings.

agree or disagree?

I agree, they looked damn impressive.

UCLA hasn't really proved anything. Houston ended up nothing, and I don't think Texas is that good at all (either Oklahoma for that matter)

Agree (we agree again).

Texas has an awful team this year (for Texas). I always had my doubts about Mack Brown, Texas is a ready-built school that even the likes of Larry Coker could have success at. The problem with that is that you get mediocre coaches who look great and are unfireable. Texas should win the 'ship almost every year, with most of the state on recruiting lockdown (small attrition to Oklahoma) and the most money to work with of any program in the country.

^^^ Ohio State fan

your judgement of a michigan player cannot be trusted

for the first time in my life, the state in which i was born might actually have a team worthy of discussing (Arkansas.)

for the first time in my life, the state in which i was born might actually have a team worthy of discussing (Arkansas.)

They may have a chance of making it to a decent bowl this year. Mallet will be playing on sundays for sure.

Mallet will be a fine NFL QB. how about Peyton Hillis of Arkansas tearing it up in the NFL now? didn't see that one coming. also, Darren McFadden was pretty good

Denard Robinson is going to get hurt when he plays against the like of Michigan State/Wisconsin.

And Michigans defense is absolutely pathetic. Close wins against Indiana and UMass proves they have no D.

OSU looked like shit against Illinois, but in the Big 10 you are going to have those grind it out type games. And I don't know how easy it is to pass when there are 35 mph winds the whole time. But I will take the win.

And it was such a good feeling watching Florida and USC both lose the same weekend :)

Status
Not open for further replies.