• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 2010-11 college football thread! ver. Auburn VS Oregon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darren McFadden was *always* good.

Coming back to the FLA-AL game, one thing that struck me is the AL offensive line and Ingram-Richardson, and this goes back to watching them in the ARK game as well. Rarely, if ever, does a team get a finger on them in the backfield. More than that, wherever the defense makes contact (best case is line of scrimmage), they always, ALWAYS get 2-3 more yards as they fall forward - always. The only time I can recall any defense getting negative yards on the AL offense was when it is a pass play and the QB doesn't get rid of it. The running backs are at the line too fast, and the line keeps the holes open for them, and the backs always fall forward. They are guaranteed 2-3 yrds per play, and they can eat the clock to their hearts content this way. This is just unstoppable, and I sincerely believe it will carry them to back-to-back NC's.

ORE slips ahead of BSU in the rankings? Only a matter of time. What will be interesting is to see if the 'weaker' SEC starts to hurt AL in BCS points as the season goes on (I think they remain #1 throughout), and where the SOS puts tOSU and ORE if they can win out. Shall be an interesting year. I think FL falling to #12-14 is about right, and as much as I'd want to argue, I can't say much to 3,4 about MIA being ranked ahead of us in one of the polls. Playing like we did against AL, we could very well lose to a lot of teams. I'm not sold on MIA being 'good', but I'm equally not sold on FLA being 'good'.

Current top 10 (AP) are:
1 Alabama (58) 5-0 1497
2 Ohio State (1) 5-0 1401
3 Oregon 5-0 1379
4 Boise State (1) 4-0 1341
5 TCU 5-0 1250
6 Oklahoma 5-0 1183
7 Nebraska 4-0 1172
8 Auburn 5-0 1045
9 Arizona 4-0 898
10 Utah 4-0 860

I still expect BSU and TCU to slip based on SOS. I'm disappointed at seeing OU where they are, since I don't think they are a top 5 team. The AL-AUB game (Iron Bowl) at the end of the season should be good - may end up determining the SEC-West. I have to admit surprise at seeing AZ and UT in the top 10...I honestly hadn't paid attention to them as yet.

As a die hard Bama fan, I was beyond surprised the game went the way it did. After all the shit I heard about Florida practicing all during the off season, focused on beating Alabama. Wearing our jerseys at practices and so on.
I was fully expecting a tough game but hoping for a win. The fact that Florida never got in the endzone is nothing short of amazing.
Sorry I don't have any technical information about the game other than we whipped their ass.
Added a new level of hope in that we can and will hold it together for another season.
The picture I saw of Meyer just standing on the field after the game, staring at the scoreboard, was priceless.
I love the Crimson Tide.

a few things:

- fuck you LSU
- pass interference call was total bullshit, they should have never called that and spotted the ball on the fucking 2 yard line.
- after tennessee thought they won, one of the LSU offensive players took his helment off and spiked it on the ground which should have been a 15 yard personal foul penalty.
- that game made me literally sick to my stomach.
- 50% of our team had never played a game outside of neyland stadium
- i'm excited for our future.
- fuck you LSU and your home town ref's.

***we did have too many players on the field but the personal foul penalty should have been called. reminded me of the alabama game last year in that sense. fuck.

- i can't wait to put a dagger into mark richt's career this saturday.

.... Wearing our jerseys at practices and so on.
I was fully expecting a tough game but hoping for a win.

Sorry I don't have any technical information about the game other than we whipped their ass.

I pay pretty good attention to Florida's practices and everything, never heard any word on wearing jerseys. Ever. However, your technical assessment is spot on. Ass whipping indeed.

- after tennessee thought they won, one of the LSU offensive players took his helment off and spiked it on the ground which should have been a 15 yard personal foul penalty.

- i can't wait to put a dagger into mark richt's career this saturday.

Um, if the game is over, you can take off your helmet, slam it in the ground, puke in it, cry in it, whatever....game is over - which I'm sure is how it was taken by the player before they figured out there was a penalty.

As to Richt....I'd like to keep him, just so we can punk him some more, but I'm also going to have a big grin if UGA loses all their games for the season :) Besides, Dooley needs a conference win - UGA is a good place to start (shoulda been LSU, hate to see what AL will do to you guys this year).

you're actually right about slamming his helment down. i think time had probably expired. but, terrible pass interference call. whatever - we lost, but it hurt really fucking bad. that would have been a HUGE win for our program.

we're going to ruin bammers hope for a national championship. it's going to be glorious.

nope, because they aren't in your conference this year. Will you stop posting if UCLA returns to being a team as shitty as mine is being this year? ;) <3

Hahaha I'd probably revert back to posting only on just sports message boards and talking to my circle of bruins fans.

It would've been quite sad this weekend if they lost to Wazzu, which was much closer to reality than I was expecting.

UCLA hasn't really proved anything. Houston ended up nothing, and I don't think Texas is that good at all (either Oklahoma for that matter)

Say what you want, but UCLA was predicted to finish 8th this year in the Pac-10, so ending those schools' seasons already is a pretty nice feeling especially after the disastrous start two weeks in.

Houston would've likely been ok if Keenum didn't end his season at the Rose Bowl trying to chase down a defender.

^^^^ hahahahaha.

wait, you're serious?

did you happen to see us lose to them by 2 points at their stadium only because our FG kicker couldn't get the ball off the ground last year??

are you familiar with the UT/Bammer rilvary??

it's kind of a big deal.

anything is possible.

fuck you bammer.

I don't think anybody can beat Bama right now. maybe they'll slip up, but I'm fearing the day OSU plays them in the National Championship.

I was being facetious about Darren McFadden. I would be more than happy if dude played for my favorite NFL team

I don't think anybody can beat Bama right now. maybe they'll slip up, but I'm fearing the day OSU plays them in the National Championship.

but you gotta have hope right? i've been a tennessee fan my entire life, i've seen some serious upsets against us and by us. they might beat us by 45 points, but you never can tell.

if OSU plays them in the natty, i honestly think they'll have a decent chance of winning. OSU is pretty damn good.

FSU somehow found its way into the rankings. It's convenient for the Canes, who play them this weekend. We get to beat up on a shit team and get extra credit for it come next AP poll.

did you happen to see us lose to them by 2 points at their stadium only because our FG kicker couldn't get the ball off the ground last year??

are you familiar with the UT/Bammer rilvary??

it's kind of a big deal.

anything is possible.

fuck you bammer.

Haha fuck you too see you in Knoxville Rammer Jammer. =D

Volnation is a TENN fan forum, with a thread titled What did you break around your house:

• opened and slammed my fridge door, after 4th and 14, went outside to listen on radio went crazy after I thought we won, came back in to see 13 men on field and threw remote into fireplace.

• I went to my neighbors house and threw a rock through their window.

• Baby gate, 2 picture frames, 1 hole in the wall, and my dog will never come near me again. Lucky the wife and kids were out grocery shopping. I was passed out in the bedroom floor when they got home. She had heard from a friend what had happened during the game before she got home so she took it easy on me.

• I was at the office ( supposed to be working) and when we won I ran out of my office complex singing " it's great to be a Tennessee Vol" as I got on the elevator my blackberry went off and my old college friend said how the hell did UT lose the game? I asked him to explain and as the elevator dropped 11 floors. My response was something like this what the **** are ******* talking about we won the *** **** game. How the **** did we blow the **** game **** ** Dooley. Then I threw my blackberry into the elevator door and to add insult to injury backed my brand new BMW into a pole.

• Large rolling plastic toybox launched across basement. And I kicked it wide right. Figures.

• I may have torn my rotator cuff as I hurled my 2 year old daughter's plastic tea cup at the wall (closest thing of no value).

To my dismay the cup did not break.

Then I tried to break the cup on 4 additional attempts at the wall.

Poor wall...cup did not break.
    I think that cup may be made of "black box" material.

• I made a mistake by rewinding the dvr to show my wife the final play and was raising hell yelling & celebrating, then about 5 minutes later I resumed play and the misery confronted me, very sad

• We "won" and I screamed. My husband's grandkid's ran into the room scared and I grabbed them and swung around the room, jumped up and down holding them, they were laughing and screaming with me. Then I saw the tv and the ref standing there. I sat the one I was holding down and watched in disbelief. Only thing I remember after that is a little voice saying "What's wrong with gramma?"

• I had just texted someone that we had won then when I saw the "ref" with the headset on I Strasburg'd my Blackberry against the couch. It is thankfully still in one piece. Also i put ref in quotes because in the SEC you are not a ref. You are just given a striped shirt when you can prove your I.Q. is below 0.5.

• I just sat and raged silently. Then I cried. Then I induced my version of therapy, put in a video game (GTA works well) imagined everyone on screen is an LSU player, fan, or coach and proceeded to destroy EVERYTHING.

• Snapped my coffee table in half and broke 3 bones in my hand doing it.

about to head to the hospital after another shot or four of whiskey.

That is SEC passion. 12 pages and counting..... lol =D Perhaps the best one "Somehow, someway, Phil Fulmer is to blame for this........"

I pay pretty good attention to Florida's practices and everything, never heard any word on wearing jerseys. Ever. However, your technical assessment is spot on. Ass whipping indeed.

I could easily be wrong but, I watched an hour long show on ESPN a couple weeks ago, well just before the season started I guess, that was about Alabama football and Saban. Coach Saban told the football team during practice a couple of times about Florida and our jerseys. As well as how they were doing everything they could to beat us.

And for the record, I hate Tennessee as much as I hate Auburn. Prepare to be taught how the game of football is played when we meet. RMFT.

that's pretty allsum TLB.

here's how it went down for me...

...as soon as they snapped the ball past the qb, i got up, did a faggot dance, screamed at the top of my lungs and ran outside. then i sent my LSU friend a text to the effect of "is it 2005 again? you fucking suck, we own you".....then i called my buddy that's a UT grad who lives in Denver and was on his way to the CU/UGA game to tell him exactly what happened and how glorious it was to be a tennessee vol. then, i got off the phone with him and there was a text back from my LSU fan saying something like "you spoke too soon you east tennessee hick". my heart sunk, i went inside and saw what had happened and felt like puking. i didn't watch any more football for the rest of the night because i was sick to my stomach.

Jesus I think im gonna start stockpiling benzos and whiskey for when Bama losses. I used to really hate tennesee then I dated a girl from Knoxville realized it was a really cool city I admire yalls passion SEC definatly has the craziest fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.