• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 2010-11 college football thread! ver. Auburn VS Oregon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Denard Robinson is a great dual-threat quarterback. That can't be denied. The Michigan D also has huge holes, this can't be denied, either. The two are exclusive IMO, though...

a "great" DUAL threat quarterback? I would say he's a great SINGLE threat QB, in rushing obviously, but how is he a great passer?

a "great" DUAL threat quarterback? I would say he's a great SINGLE threat QB, in rushing obviously, but how is he a great passer?

He uses the run to set up the pass, but he has been pretty effective so far. The type of scheme that Rich Rod uses gets the safeties and corners to commit to the run, leaving receivers wide open. He has hit the open man most of the time.

Will you stop hating on him so much once Ohio State beats Michigan? ;)

Neyland got pretty loud, but it wasn't anything compared to the 'Shoe!

Shoe vs Death Valley

death valley ftmfw

Big Ten has some crazy ass fans, highlighted most definitely by Ohio State and our knack for riots and such. but the SEC has some good bat-shit crazy fans, too. the SEC has a lot of rednecks obviously, and a big HUGE fraternity/sorority scene so most fans are into that sort of peculiar Southern institution. the one thing I do like better about Southern college football fans is that the women (who are almost always in a sorority) like to dress up in dresses while they watch college football. that is sexy

i prefer that i watch football half naked in my room drinking or doing drugs. but that's just me. apparently the CU girls like to make dresses out of tee shirts. But LSU girls certainly do put effort into how they look when they go to a game, and they usually look quite nice.

of course you do, you're an east atlanta hipster.

oh lord

nothing wrong with hipsters liking football. it makes us more ironic.

this just in, Les Miles that rat fink fuck used to work at a used car lot in Shreveport, LA constantly masturbating to the LSU football team whenever they were on his mother's black and white television. his gay lover was a High Priestess in the local occult chapter, and they both found a way to sell their souls to the devil so that Miles could have all the fame and fortune of coaching an SEC school to the National Championship.

source (tags for size, must read!)

NSFW:
devillesmilesletter1.jpg

Les Miles, you are the luckiest bastard in the entire world. we are on to you.

Will you stop hating on him so much once Ohio State beats Michigan? ;)

hee hee, just doing the job of an Ohio State fan. as college football fans we are supposed to be the best haters in all of sports. in all actuality, I am happy for The Retard's notoriety in that they are bringing Michigan football up from the cellar. college football needs Michigan to be a good program, there is so much lack of talent in this year's college football class. save for Oregon, OSU, Bama I don't really care too much about most games

not really for me, I know tons of Buckeyes that revel in kicking Michigan's ass year after year. I remember when Ohio State fans would rather win "The Game (OSU VS Mich)" then the subsequent (always BCS for OSU) bowl game.

maybe it should read "the BIG TEN needs Michigan to be good"

thought you'd get a kick out of that ;) really though Les Miles is the luckiest bastard alive

the Les Miles possibilities are endless.

I'm pretty excited about the Michigan VS Michigan State game. Michigan really just features Denard The Tard, everything revolves around that man for their game. it is going to be interesting seeing Michigan compete against a competent D in MSU, and then experience increasingly more stingy defenses in Penn State and Iowa. I want to say MSU has got this, because they are the more well rounded football team (they can play D, run, and pass). but it seems like The Tard can pull wins out of his ass.

OSU VS Indiana should be more interesting than the past Buckeyes/Hoosiers game. this isn't your mom's boyfriend's Indiana Hoosiers. they don't have a good defense at all, but they have a 5th year starting QB and can pass the ball very very well. it's interesting to watch the Hoosiers play because instead of utilizing the run game to set up the pass game, they use the pass game to set up their mediocre run game

who is this Uncle Luke and why does he have powers over the ladies of Northern Florida's bits?!

and congrats on Miami. the Hurricanes are looking pretty good. it just sucks that my boy Jacory Harris isn't having the type of year he did last year

who is this Uncle Luke and why does he have powers over the ladies of Northern Florida's bits?!

and congrats on Miami. the Hurricanes are looking pretty good. it just sucks that my boy Jacory Harris isn't having the type of year he did last year

Uncle Luke was a member of the former rap group 2 Live Crew, and he was one of the people involved in the various scandals surrounding UM in the 90's. He was the guy who was paying $100 dollars a touchdown. UM people still love him, they used to play his music at the stadium. The game is in South Florida. He has no powers over people who live in Tallahassee.

The problem with Jacory is that he is having the exact same year he did last year. I remember when we were discussing the Miami-OSU game, I believed Harris was the better QB. He was better in his sophomore year than Pryor was in his sophomore year. The difference between the two is that Pryor has turned the corner and Harris has not. He is the same goddamn mistake prone QB he was last year, with slightly better footwork. This may be due to the thumb injury he had that kept him from practicing in the off season.

Hopefully when we play you guys next year at home we can steal one from you. I won't start that argument till next offseason.

^ hahaha, I'm having memories of the epic bitchfest between us all summer long about which team is going to beat which team. good times man, I can't wait for more heated arguments.

that's pretty slick about that 2 Live Crew guy. sometimes college football can get on my nerves because there are only like 20 teams out of the 200 (?) that are actually worth a damn and play good football. but it's stories like these that put a smile on my face and make me think college football is special.

you're right, TP has taken steps in the off-season to improve his passing game while Harris seems a little stuck on the INT bug. have comfort in the fact that he can turn his game around in the off-season and take that next step.

I'm excited about the Miami/Florida State game. are you pumped up? I think this is the first time these two FL teams have been ranked and playing one another since the early 2000s. what is the atmosphere like down there? if Miami wins, they have pretty much punked out the entire ACC

^ hahaha, I'm having memories of the epic bitchfest between us all summer long about which team is going to beat which team. good times man, I can't wait for more heated arguments.

that's pretty slick about that 2 Live Crew guy. sometimes college football can get on my nerves because there are only like 20 teams out of the 200 (?) that are actually worth a damn and play good football. but it's stories like these that put a smile on my face and make me think college football is special.

you're right, TP has taken steps in the off-season to improve his passing game while Harris seems a little stuck on the INT bug. have comfort in the fact that he can turn his game around in the off-season and take that next step.

I'm excited about the Miami/Florida State game. are you pumped up? I think this is the first time these two FL teams have been ranked and playing one another since the early 2000s. what is the atmosphere like down there? if Miami wins, they have pretty much punked out the entire ACC

One of the least hyped contests actually. Florida State is perenially overrated, and they do not even belong in the top 25. I think most of Miami knows this, and feels that although the game might be close due to the rivalry factor, we feel more confident about a win against the Noles than we have in a long time. I miss going to this game in the Orange Bowl, but I am protesting the move to Sun Life Stadium (formerly known as Dolphin Statidum, before that Dolphins Stadium, before that Pro-Player Stadium, and before that Joe Robbie). Tearing down the Orange Bowl was a crime against humanity, and I will not stand for it. Sun Life stadium sucks anyway, too far away from the game and it lacks the "character" that other stadiums have.

Miami better win the ACC this year. It is so goddamn weak. It seems like this year, other than the Big 10 there is only one really good team a conference. Miami can hang with anybody in the nation, but nobody left for us to play is any good at all. Oklahoma is clearly the best in the Big 12 (not buying Nebraska hype at all, they have played nobodies), Oregon in the PAC-10, and Alabama in the SEC.

I'm just glad that Miami is more relevant than Florida this season. Nothing is worse than Florida winning the national championship to a Canes fan. We hate Florida more than any other team in the nation.

Florida State is affectionately referred to as our little brother. They beat us from time to time, but we own them in the series and in number of National Titles. We also have some respect for them cause they play us every year and didn't puss out like Florida did when we became a major football power.

Looking forward to next offseason. Which players does Ohio State lose this year? Miami will remain relatively intact and I am hoping OSU does to. I like rematches. I'm still getting holding out my desperate hope that enough teams lose this year for Miami and OSU to play in the NC. It would be a Fiesta Bowl rematch. I don't think that anybody wants to play Alabama, but even the best teams let down one week.

Status
Not open for further replies.