• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I'm not going to die, am I? I just had ~400 mg methadone...

Bomb319

Bluelighter
my daily dose is 220 mg. I drank most of my take-home dose for tomorrow right after going to the clinic today. I used to do it all the time, with the exact same amounts (although I wanted to leave closer to 100 mg or 10 mL left for tomorrow and instead I left just 5 mL or 50 mg). Like I said, I've done this exact thing before, but this time I haven't done it in months...I feel a bit nauseated and shaky, with a much more intense effect than usual (which is of course what I was going for). I also had 0.2 mg clonidine and 75 mg diphenhydramine with it, as I take both of those daily as well.

Yet I took all this over 1.5 hours ago now...if it were going to be dangerous this time for whatever reason, wouldn't I already know or have passed out, or something? I'm still completely alert and my pupils aren't close to being pinpoint. I just want to be extra cautious because it's a lot of methadone, even though I used to do it a lot, it would still be much more intense after a long break when my tolerance isn't expecting it.

I've got a mL of injectable Naloxone here and a needle. Obviously though, I don't want to use it unless I absolutely have to..trouble is, it's almost impossible to know that since if I were to pass out, I wouldn't be able to do the IV of course...Like I said, I feel it strongly, but not nodding or anything and not feeling like I'm going to lose consciousness....mostly just mildly nauseated right now.

idk much about about methadone and I don't know your body chemistry but I'd say get someone to watch you and tell them about the naloxone.

Unfortunately. that's not an option right now unless I go to the ER...which seems quite unnecessary - at least at the moment. In general, I tolerate opioids well and have a very fast metabolism for them (why I needed to be on so much 'done in the first place). After years of shooting Dilaudids, Heroin, Oxy etc. sometimes ten times a day, I have never actually OD'ed or even thrown up or anything from taking too much. It's always been too little, just right, or strong but not excessively so (though some ultra-potent H has come close).

I'm only worried because methadone is so powerful, and even a slight difference in metabolism or body chemistry (stomach pH for example) could cause it to get bad quickly...

If you are that worried, go get help, please. Barring that try the naloxone to try and nip this in the bud. You have a good tolerance which helps, but as you said methadone is a fickle molecule. Be safe and good luck.

dude, you are sitting here and typing, so I doubt you will die. also, realize that YOU KNOW MORE THAN WE DO when it comes to WHAT YOU DO and WHAT YOU'VE DONE! if you've done this many times before, then why are you worrying now!? do you feel sick!? are you nodding out!? do you feel like you are going to lose consciousness? I see you replying to your own question so I am not sure what the problem is.

you are scripted 200MG/done and took around 400/MG/done, right? doubled your dose but you've done it many times before w/ no problems but today you are worried, why!? I dont see a bit deal; I've done the same myself many, many times but my max was 105 and then I'd do another 100+ on top w/o any worries. same goes for all the dope I shot in my life; again, no one know better than yourself, so if you are truly worried, go get help.

^yeah spot on BBT, I think OP is concerned because of a possible drop in tolerance due to not double dosing in months, but it appears that your tolerance has saved you.

Still alive OP?

id go somewhere public like a highstreet and write methadone on your forehead so if you drop youll probs be saved.

i dunno man, if you feel ok, you'll probably be ok. youre typing coherently and alert so i think youre ok, but if you cant get a friend over then maybe do go somewhere public like a city high street where an ambulance will reach you quickly and administer the naloxone. take the meth bottle with you too so they can see immediately why youre unconscious and breathing shallowly.

If it had been 1 1/2 hours at the time you typed that to start this thread, you should be ok. Methadone takes a while to kick in, but that's definitely time enough.

I know the feeling, though..like you regretting taking as much as you did and starting to enter panic mode (which puts all sorts of thoughts into your head).

I just started methadone at a ORT clinic today sadly to replace a retired doctors pain management that no one continued the care. Methadone peaks at three hours is what I was told. So three hours if you are not feeling like sleeping with depressed breathing you should be able to stop having concern around 4-6 hours.... You have more xp than me I am sure you can figure it out. I am surprised 20 mg helped me as much as it did.... I am not nodding, but it is deffinitely more than pain relief.

^sorry to derail a little, but what is your pain condition and what meds and how much were you taking that 20mgs of methdone has, by the sounds of things, successfully replaced?

Well granted in between having a week to self ween with one weeks worth (and notice) my 60+30+30 mg ER OC and 20+10+10+20 oxymorphone IR IV 5-10 mg at a time I had two to three weeks of trying to ween off with "heroin" and morphine pills and one 15 five mg opana script my WD seemed to get more severe even with severely reduced dose I believe because I destroyed balanced between the mu and kappa relying on morphine type compounds that I had started achieving using OC and OM being selective to the two separate main opiate receptors. I am not high or anything, but I am not in pain, which was my goal.

you made me laugh hard smackydowners. I could just see that, a dude sitting on the park bench with methadone written in bold print across his head....no doubt backwards, just nonchalantly twiddling his thumbs.

These threads get more and more depressing. Someone abusing and doubling the medications intended to help you get off of drugs and you do things like doubling it for the high? Majority of the posts these days indicate psychological need due to addictive personalities, all these meds being abused are TO PHASE OUT THE TERM OF USE OF THE DRUGS, NOT REPLACE THE HIGH. Good god I want to be banned from Bluelight this site is not a harm reduction source anymore it's a source of enabling. Seriously depressing the fact you guys make joke replies...I fail to see the harm reduction anywhere in here...and why should people devote energy to some who is doubling an already high dose of methadone....obviously you don't want to embrace recovery you simply want to continue to menipulate people and society with desire to continue maintaining a high life style...honestly this forum has progressively became more and more disgusting and counterproductive quite rapidly in my personal opinion . Administration you can ban my account I have no interest in trying to help these people who don't actually seek sobriety...

These threads get more and more depressing. Someone abusing and doubling the medications intended to help you get off of drugs and you do things like doubling it for the high? Majority of the posts these days indicate psychological need due to addictive personalities, all these meds being abused are TO PHASE OUT THE TERM OF USE OF THE DRUGS, NOT REPLACE THE HIGH. Good god I want to be banned from Bluelight this site is not a harm reduction source anymore it's a source of enabling. Seriously depressing the fact you guys make joke replies...I fail to see the harm reduction anywhere in here...and why should people devote energy to some who is doubling an already high dose of methadone....obviously you don't want to embrace recovery you simply want to continue to menipulate people and society with desire to continue maintaining a high life style...honestly this forum has progressively became more and more disgusting and counterproductive quite rapidly in my personal opinion . Administration you can ban my account I have no interest in trying to help these people who don't actually seek sobriety...

We have parts of this site dedicated to sobriety, this subforum (OD) isn't one of them.
We are a harm reduction site, we don't tell people to take drugs, they make that decision on their own.
We are here to TRY to help them do it safely. I will reiterrate what I said to stress it. PEOPLE make their OWN DECISION on whether or not to take "X" drug.
In this case.. they asked for information AFTER the fact of taking it. We can't un-take the drug for them, only give advice.
You're welcome to leave any time you'd like, or go to a "Sober-Living" sub-forum. You'd fit better in there.

-HOOD

BTW OP: How ya hangin in there?

You are only a greenlighter yet you shit talk this community like a vet. Maybe get out of the drug focus section to the sober living, addiction support, withdrawal support, the dark side, or one of the other multitude of harm reduction discussion..... Yes people here suffer with addiction and not everone is ready to recover or able to without relapse. If anything the only harm being done here is your negative attitude and speculation that the OP is a failure and essentially bad person for doing something quite foolish and it makes you want to leave this place as you don't want to enable this use by talking to someone as if they have no problem as you are reinforcing the idea that once theres the label of addict unless they follow every medication instruction perfect to the T without any deviation as if life complications do not exist making reurning to society not addicted being viewed as normal vs a recovered addict that will fall back into okd cycles with just one use possibly even a mention of the drug in question. The op came here for harm reduction to better understand the very confusing come up and peak time of methadone that I clarified having just started at a clinic as wellbas other members calming down the OP so the anxiety is reduced and stopped from distracting from the real issue.

Although you want yourself banned as you decided to develop this negative opinion of the whole BL community based on a few go ahead, but if you continue judging things in life as you did BL you will have one lonely, isolated, and alienated life even as you're surrounded by people on all sides.

Hey razord, I just checked out a bunch of your posts. I think you completely understand and get it. If you really want to get your point across to people that have thousands of posts and seen and heard a lot of stories like this one, but don't get it like you, a full fledged greenlighter, then might I suggest you go straight to a place called The Lounge and tell them, as close to verbatim as you can get, the entirety of of the post you made here. By the way, I'm asking you nicely, if you are unable to convert people on this site, or simply do not like it, just leave. You don't need a moderators help with that. OP, I hope your doing okay.

I fail to see the harm reduction anywhere in here...

-->
I'd say get someone to watch you and tell them about the naloxone.
If you are that worried, go get help, please

There is not much more we can do in this situation and your post is even less helpful.
You are generalizing this as if every thread on BL is like you described which is just wrong and overly negative.

If you think the forum has no HR-value anymore, which is also wrong, then set a good example and contribute yourself instead of just grumping around.

€: I agree on every post inbetween^^

Well granted in between having a week to self ween with one weeks worth (and notice) my 60+30+30 mg ER OC and 20+10+10+20 oxymorphone IR IV 5-10 mg at a time I had two to three weeks of trying to ween off with "heroin" and morphine pills and one 15 five mg opana script my WD seemed to get more severe even with severely reduced dose I believe because I destroyed balanced between the mu and kappa relying on morphine type compounds that I had started achieving using OC and OM being selective to the two separate main opiate receptors. I am not high or anything, but I am not in pain, which was my goal.

Geez you've certainly had to make an adjustment going from that dosing schedule under your retired Dr to at the clinic where you take one oral methadone dose, I hope you're handling that situation with ease. Thanks for taking the time Tacodude and great to hear you're pain free!

razor - for what its worth - 10 years ago OD was wayyy more of a party than it is now!!