• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I'm not going to die, am I? I just had ~400 mg methadone...

Geez you've certainly had to make an adjustment going from that dosing schedule under your retired Dr to at the clinic where you take one oral methadone dose, I hope you're handling that situation with ease. Thanks for taking the time Tacodude and great to hear you're pain free!
Not quite ease.... Hopefully I find a new pm that will give me regular opiate script vs the synthetics.

ps. Ended up doing three different fifteen mg morphine IV sooooo......

I'm honestly worried about the OP now.
He hasn't responded back to anything after his second post asking for help.
Honestly, my stable is dose at 80mg, when I take an extra 20 to 40mg, I start to nod pretty hard, and my pupils get pin pointed.
I'm honestly SCARED as fuck to double my dose, which would be 160mg.

I hope the OP is OK. :/

Edit: meant to say OP's third post of saying he's worried because Methadone is so powerful, which indeed, Methadone is super powerful.

These threads get more and more depressing. Someone abusing and doubling the medications intended to help you get off of drugs and you do things like doubling it for the high? Majority of the posts these days indicate psychological need due to addictive personalities, all these meds being abused are TO PHASE OUT THE TERM OF USE OF THE DRUGS, NOT REPLACE THE HIGH. Good god I want to be banned from Bluelight this site is not a harm reduction source anymore it's a source of enabling. Seriously depressing the fact you guys make joke replies...I fail to see the harm reduction anywhere in here...and why should people devote energy to some who is doubling an already high dose of methadone....obviously you don't want to embrace recovery you simply want to continue to menipulate people and society with desire to continue maintaining a high life style...honestly this forum has progressively became more and more disgusting and counterproductive quite rapidly in my personal opinion . Administration you can ban my account I have no interest in trying to help these people who don't actually seek sobriety...

Maintenance treatment as seen from the perspective of the society is not really to help people, it's to exert control over addicts. I can imagine more people get addicted every day than quit using drugs and start living a happy life. Why is that? Well, for the same reason more and more people get depressed or suffer from anxiety. How come people can't see the real reason for all this happening? What kind of a life it is if all you're supposed to care about is your work that you probably don't like at all and whether you're "better" than the others or not? People are manipulated to care about everything but what is really important and essential for a human being to function healthily. Really, you don't need a career at all if you can't even have proper contact with people on an emotional level.

So truely stated adder. I have said that same exact thing in other posts. We live in a world that has become a struggle. Post world war 2 in the united states we had a government that was for the people. A man could work a job without a college education and have two cars, a home, and kids. The wife could "choose" to work, or take care of the kids. There was a future in retirement. Now it is completely backwards...we run faster and faster to stay in the same place, and the american dream is just not being under a mountain of debt from living a life that isn't devoid of any entertainment. Look at how fast the price of cars has risen, or housing, or groceries.

anyone I am getting off point. OP you really ought to post something.

Seriously what's everyone thinking right now?
The OP hasn't posted anything after saying 'he thinks' he doesn't feel right and took too much Methadone.
I'm honestly VERY worried. :/
OP, please respond back if possible, so we all know that you're ok!
Even though we don't personally know you, we still care about you!
I

pinpoint

VERY. Hope the dude is ok.

Can any mod confirm if he had logged in after the day he posted this thread on Oct 23rd?
just to be sure.

pinpoint

VERY. Hope the dude is ok.

Can any mod confirm if he had logged in after the day he posted this thread on Oct 23rd?
just to be sure.

Literally the last time he was active was 23-10-2015 14:12 which is the date and time he made the last post in this thread. No login activity since then and he's a pretty active member around these parts. Either he's fucking with us or he's dead.

I hate threads like this. He's got a hell of a tolerance at or about 100mg, he could be ok and about to be sick till Mon.

Quick reminder to everyone. If it gets to the point where you have to ask bluelight or are seriously concerned you took to much of "x" drug, GO TO THE FUCKING HOSPITAL OR CALL THE MEDICS.

That being said, Ive been positive that I was going to die and never called 911, Im sure alot of us have.

WOW. That's SO fucking sad! :(
Idk why the HELL he would come to a Internet forum to ask if he was going to be ok. Like wtf?
Atleast call the poison center, your doctor, or even call 911 to make sure you're ok.
I mean we're talking life or death here. Ugh! Hope he's ok !

I hope he's at least stuck in the hospital. That could end up with rehab or something. I will say a prayer for this guy and hope for the best.

These threads get more and more depressing. Someone abusing and doubling the medications intended to help you get off of drugs and you do things like doubling it for the high? Majority of the posts these days indicate psychological need due to addictive personalities, all these meds being abused are TO PHASE OUT THE TERM OF USE OF THE DRUGS, NOT REPLACE THE HIGH. Good god I want to be banned from Bluelight this site is not a harm reduction source anymore it's a source of enabling. Seriously depressing the fact you guys make joke replies...I fail to see the harm reduction anywhere in here...and why should people devote energy to some who is doubling an already high dose of methadone....obviously you don't want to embrace recovery you simply want to continue to menipulate people and society with desire to continue maintaining a high life style...honestly this forum has progressively became more and more disgusting and counterproductive quite rapidly in my personal opinion . Administration you can ban my account I have no interest in trying to help these people who don't actually seek sobriety...

No need to ban you, you forget this portion of the website is not about recovery, I myself am an addict in recovery. But OD is a Harm Reduction sub forum, and honestly aside from a few posters taking this matter too lightly there was nothing we could do to help this member. He already took the dose. The best thing anyone could have done is tell him to get his ass to the ER. This website is not ONLY about recovery (though it is something I push very strongly) I understand your frustration as it is something I deal with on a daily basis, but as I am sure you know from past experience a person who wants to get high is going to get high, the best we can do is try to mitigate the damage they do to themselves.

As for the OP it is a bit disconcerting because he has not logged back in since his last post. I pray to God he is okay, that for sure is a massive dose. The best we can do is hope. And Razor, I hope you continue to post, you remind me a lot of myself, I was always militant in my desire to help people cross over from active addiction to recovery, but you have to know where to fight your battles. Attacking this website is silly, there is nothing we can do as staff to get him to not do something he already did, all we can do is try to clean up the mess afterwords. Had I not been moving from Florida to Virginia I probably would have had a huge presence in this thread and told him to get to the ER immediately. There is never an excuse not to when your life is on the line. If (God forbid) something happened to him I hope this serves as a lesson to all the invincible supermen we have on this board. Even the most experienced users with the highest tolerances can OD. It is a fine line between euphoria and death. And Razor like I said please stick around, because we need more people that advocate recovery.

I volunteer with at risk youth and I have learned the average age in impoverished communities for kids to try heroin is between 13 - 15 years old. If you think trying to get a 22-26 year old to stop try dealing with this new generation that has adopted opiate addiction at a younger age than the world as ever seen before. The scary thing is how widespread it is. This website functions on a multi-tiered platform the way I see it. The front-lines are right here in OD, we get the people that are already at the peak of their addictions so we try our best to mitigate the damage they do to themselves by suggesting less destructive ways use (that is actually the definition of harm reduction not quitting or going into recovery) then there are the recovery sub-forums, those are for the people who know they have a problem and need help. That would be a great place for you to check out. I hope you realize that addiction does not see methadone as a drug used for recovery, addiction see it as a potential opportunity to get high.

It takes a living clean mindset in order to live a sober life, until you have reached that place in your life all these tool are for nothing if you can not say to yourself I need to be clean for me. I need to be clean to stay alive. You are more than welcome to leave but I see no reason to ban you, go look up my old posts before I became a moderator I made a lot of enemies making posts like yours. As a moderator my job is to be as impartial as I can, this is actually the first time in a long time I have spoken my mind, for one, because this thread hit me right in the feels, and two your post lit a fire in my heart and reminded me of my old posts, so I ask you to stay and continue to be an advocate for recovery. But be mindful that if humans can convince themselves that injecting windex (true story one of the kids at the center I use to volunteer at [he barely survived]) then doubling your methadone dosage is really not that odd even if it was designed for maintenance.

Still no response from OP, hope it's cos they have no net connection. Please post when you can OP, if you can.

Mad Dash,
That was a great post towards razor.

razor,
I also understand your frustration, but read the posts other members on this thread posted. The majority were telling him to seek medical care.
Besides telling the OP to go and seek help ASAP, as Mad Dash said, there's NOTHING else we can do. He didn't ASK anyone if he would be ok to take that much Methadone, because he had already taken it.

In all honesty/fairness, the OP made very poor mistakes.
First, He should've NEVER taken any extra Methadone.
Second, he should've NEVER came to a internet forum asking if he was going to be ok, how are we supposed to know?
Third, instead of coming on here asking if he was going to be ok, he was supposed to AT LEAST call the EXPERTS for advice/help (i.e, poison control center, RN help/advice line, doctor, or 911 emergency)

What he did to get help/advice by coming on a internet forum, was a HUGE mistake that possibly caused him his life.

I know we all make mistakes, and learn from them. But unfortunately, these kinds of mistakes are people who rarely cause.
NOT saying people rarely OD on drugs, that happens all the time.
The mistake was not getting the right help/advice.

Lastly, I'll say it again. I hope to god the OP is ok.

Or if OP had naloxone that would have bought OP some time, at least a bit to get some clarity and hopefully call 911. Naloxone saves lives, but it's a rarity that one has the opportunity to save one's own life. This was such a case, hopefully the life is still with us...