• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I'm not going to die, am I? I just had ~400 mg methadone...

funny that everyone got worried about this; if you read what he did it was nothing major, or at least not what he made it seem. we kinda got a little bit scared for no reason at all.

Was the risk worth the rewards? I would drink a lot of water over the period of a few hours next time this happens, flush that out of your system and be more careful, especially with methadone!

funny that everyone got worried about this; if you read what he did it was nothing major, or at least not what he made it seem. we kinda got a little bit scared for no reason at all.

you never know dude he was obviously concerned with his safety if the title says, "I'm not going to die am I?" You don't know anything about his body chemistry and what dosages can harm him. Even though he stated his tolerance and metabolism it doesn't mean he couldn't be in potential danger lol.

Glad you are okay, OP.

I'm curious as to why patients, or recovering addicts, decide to take high levels of methadone? What's the purpose of, oh let's say, going above 50mg daily? When you get to 200mg daily, why not just go back to using your previous drug of choice?

I've known someone who mixed 100mg daily dose of liquid methadone with a time released oxycontin several hours after their AM dose and almost died. (seriously high BP, tachycardia, etc) . Then another user went cold turkey off of 80mg daily dose and ended up in ICU with seizures.

I've taken 10mg dones at home only to wean off and took them no more than a week. Methadone doesn't make me high, just keeps me from being sick.

However, I've noticed after 2-3 days of taking dones, my bones ache like a mofo. Do you have issues on a 200mg dose?

Just curious...

Sorry to the jump in but from my experience 200 mg of Methadone is a very high dose. I read a document that stated that 20 (twenty) mg of methadone is equivalent to 10 mg of morphine IM.

The euphoria is not there when you are used to it, one of the reasons ppl chose to use it as a safer replacement drug. Some ppl experience good feelings in the beginning of the treatment, or in higher doses.

Clinically the average amount usually prescribed is around 50 to 70 mg after the initial treatment and adaptation from whatever you are coming off. As your body adapts to the treatment, the doses tend to be lower.

More than 150 mg IMO/E would be more difficult to be prescribed on long term. As you said yourself what would be the point. Unless you are a critic case from Fentanyl or very high and long time of use of heroin. So that you come off risking your life in the streets everyday to something safer, with limitations obviously.

You start with a greater dose and decrease as you evolve, and when you do that you should normally follow up with a doctor.

More than 200 mg would definitely kill your pains IME. But it's probably not the best option.

Btw, I'm also glad OP is fine.

Last edited:
Glad to hear you are ok bomb. Your acknowledgement of this being a good community was nice as I rarely visit here nor many others, but I feel there is at least a shared goal towards caring for the general well being for all as that fuels harm reduction. Anyways again I am happy to see you are ok and more.

That being said after having to start MMT after some major BS after having done much even quit opiate pain management only for drs to tell me that I do not have mental health, but pain issues in the ER after saying I was so depressed I wished I was dead centered around untreated pain of course and wanted inpatient mental health only to discharge me with the PM instructions and a dose there. Anyways after a couple weeks stable on 30 mg it has had a huge negative impact on my emotional stability some may consider a high I beleve from the NMDA antagonism. Just my though on methadone being used to get high.