• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I'm not going to die, am I? I just had ~400 mg methadone...

Oh my oh my - Windex!!?!! Dash that is straight up horrific shit right there. Ergh, imagine the taste in his mouth after and during the shot, feeling windex push out through your lungs. Oh man, that poor kid, I hope that was his "rock bottom", cos I don't think it gets much worse in regards to self harm by way of needle.

Hopefully the OP is fine. If OP did OD on methadone, using the naloxone would only help for a short while. Once it wore off s/he would OD again.

vedev - absolutely agree and this is something people need to know about naloxone (Narcan), is half life (how long it's effective at keeping someone out of an OD) can vary from a few minutes to a couple hours. Sometimes that's enough to keep them alive, quite often they'll need more as the naloxone "wears off" and the original OD opiate overpowers the diminishing naloxone.

This is especially true with long acting opioids, as should be obvious to the knowledgeable user, but folks that don't know naloxone well or how various opioids behave in the body need to know is that just getting someone out of an OD with naloxone doesn't guarantee survival, esp., with compounds like methadone or extended release formulations of short acting opioids, or massive short acting ODs.

Always call 911 and have proper medical supervision until the person is clear of all the original opioid that caused the OD.

People have died b/c hospitals discharged them while awake only to have them fall back out when the naloxone wears off. I know of one case for certain.

Naloxone + 911 saves lives. Naloxone reverses overdoses, but not always permanently, sometimes for just a short while, then more needs to be administered.

Thanks for the clarification.

I hate to assume the worst, but the OP has been missing and the signs point to one thing. I hope I am wrong.

The banned poster above is an example of the most deplorable thing that should not be done in this situation.

taco,
I clicked on that guys profile, Madars.
he got banned in less than a day for spamming the same post on multiple different threads.

He's probably looking for someone from Denver on here to get drugs from. What a douche. That's like the most strict rule here at BL, so obviously he didn't read any rules and is desperate for a fix.

I hope OP is ok.

Honestly - I can't even imagine the horror of injecting naloxone with a 220mg/day methadone habit.. Would that not be incredibly dangerous in itself?

I've come and gone from forums, I've known heaps of people who have come and gone from forums, we all see this happen online. And then there's always the flash in the pan types and I've been all these things I think at some point on the net. Though, and this goes to why we're worried, I have never left an online community hanging like this, never dropped a bomb(319) like this and then just not checked back in but that may be the situation here.

Here's hoping Bomb319 is ok, if you are ok mate then check back in with BL and let us know the score, I hope you're ok.

Well folks, still no word from the OP :/
I hate to have to say this, but RIP to the OP, so far. :(

ha. I hate to say this but RIP.. why did I find that funny?

hes fine, guys/gals. no one he OD'd from what was said. then again, who knows what else happened but I am sure he's fine. maybe he's still jammed up from all the methadone he took that day and still nodding.

^^^ it's not funny at all, actually.
no one deserves to die that way.

and I hope he's still in the hospital recovering.

no matter what dose of Methadone you take, methadone has a half life of 8 to 59 hours.
After your last dose, methadone withdrawal peaks on the 3rd day.

Anyone tried PMing the OP?
Maybe they just haven't been on BL since their last post and are perhaps ok? (thinking positively)
It would send them an email notifying them of the PM so if they were to check their email, or say have an email app on their phone (i do) and they would see that we are worried and come on and post.. or respond to the PM.

Just a thought.
Hopefully they are alright, but it's been a while now..

-HOOD

^^^ it's not funny at all, actually.
no one deserves to die that way.

and I hope he's still in the hospital recovering.

no matter what dose of Methadone you take, methadone has a half life of 8 to 59 hours.
After your last dose, methadone withdrawal peaks on the 3rd day.

him dying is not funny.. your post was funny.

Guys, I hate to tell you, I can not find any activity from him since the 23rd. I am going to go ahead and use the staff channels to see if we can figure anything out.

EDIT: I just initiated an investigation on our side of things hopefully it turns up fruitful. Everyone keep your fingers crossed, say a prayer, or keep him in your thoughts.

Last edited:
I checked obituaries from his listed area, but that could be incorrect location. Nothing came up that remotely looked like it could be the OP. But... I'm very concerned.

I OD'ed from taking 800 mg+ of Methadone back in 2008. It didn't kill me but I was in coma and later in hospital for 3-4 days.
I remember feeling drowsy and vomiting for a couple of hours before losing consciousness.
Didn't check my mails for a long time.
Let's just hope that he wasn't alone when that happened.

out of curiosity, why did you take 800MG? was it kinda the same situation the OP was in?

I wish nothing but the best for the OP but what he mentioned didnt seem like a "big deal" based on his past experiences.

obv. we all hope nothing but the best. we've all been there, done that.. and know what it COULD be like.

It's a long history. I had gone through an extensive surgery and had been using fentanyl at high doses.
When I had to change to methadone I didn't succeed. It didn't work. I kept increasing the doses.
In short, you may say I tried to "check out earlier". I was in pain and also so addicted and in the middle of this terrible mess, my kids had to temporarily move out. Something that I deeply regret.

I'm now totally sober for 8 months and very different from the person I was 7-8 years ago.

Last edited:
good for you, man. glad you are back on track and things are going well. it always hurts me to hear when someone has some family problems involving kids.