• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction New! - Cold Water Extraction Mega Thread & FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^
Where did u get your <500mg/100ml APAP solubility figure???

Where I get all my "facts" - wikipedia. Is there anywhere else?

I'm kidding. I didn't get it anywhere specifically, I just thought it up.

It's highly dependant on temp as well but you can use 150ml of water and be pretty assured that all the DHC will dissolve. 90mg is OK, will probably give you a nice relaxed buzz but for future reference don't take more than about 150-200mg of DHC at once if you're not tolerant.

OP: what do you mean by "soluble" DHC tablets? If it is a soluble preparation of paracetemol, which is the sodium salt of paracetemol, then you can't do a CWE because the salt of the paracetemol makes it too soluble

Merging question about DHC and CWE into the CWE megathread.

What do you mean by soluble DHC tablets? Like, the whole tablet dissolves in water? Like djsim said, if that's the case and all the APAP is going into solution, then water won't work as a solvent for this.

EDIT:
jivepepper said:
I just thought of something. If each pill is 700 mg's in total weight. Then there's 195 mg's of filler in each pill.

6x195=1170 filler 4g-1170=2830 leftover apap minus known filler weight. I filtered out approximately 2830 mgs out 3000 known apap. Am I correct h

That figure for APAP filtered out sounds a little low maybe.. I think quite a bit of the fillers are going to be water soluble perhaps.

Last edited:
djsim said:
OP: what do you mean by "soluble" DHC tablets? If it is a soluble preparation of paracetemol, which is the sodium salt of paracetemol, then you can't do a CWE because the salt of the paracetemol makes it too soluble

This worries me with certain tablets. They are not meant to be dissolved but contain doxylamine succinate and caffeine as well as codeine and paracetamol and they seem to almost dissolve completely. I was wondering if the caffeine makes the tablet dissolve better because it is put in the tablet "to increase the adsorption of the medication", I think that's what the manufacturer wrote on the supplied pamphlet. Could caffeine in theory change the properties of paracetamol? Doesn't it change the melting or vaporization temp of heroin or something like that because I heard someone on this forum saying something along those lines?

I think I'll stick to my Dolerol Forte tablets, they turn to mush as they hit the water and putting it through a very quick filter (shirt, dish cloth) yields an almost clear, very bitter solution on one end and a clay like mush on the other end. Almost like they were designed for CWE. =D

Thanks for the input. I read somewhere that assuming you don't use too much water, you can do a CWE on soluble codeine/dihdrocodeine tablets quite safely, as although more will dissolve into the water than with regular codeine tablets, if you don't use much water, only so much can do so.

This seemed to be the case for me. Aside from loosing some of the product when they fizzed up the measuring jug, I doubt I ended up swallowing much APAP, as a great deal of solids were left on the t-shirt, and I only used 100ml of water.

can i dry the solution out and IV it?? I have about 15 percs?? how much water should i dissolve them in?? (also can you convert the ml's for me...i dont have any science lab equipment laying around to measure ml's...damn metric system)

^ No, it's not safe to IV; a lot of the binders and fillers and some APAP even will make it's way into the CWE solution. Not good for you to inject at all.

100mL of water = 0.4 standard cups apparently, or 3.3 fluid ounces.

^dear god, can you imagine trying to hit yourself 100 times with a 1 cc rig?

It makes my arm sad just thinking about it.

^ Home made IV line, anyone?

Seriously though, don't inject the results of a CWE.

Just to clarify what I didn't make clear in my question, I wasn't asking about the solubility of dihydrocodeine or codeine, but about the possible dangers of the solubility of APAP when using effervescent dihdrocodeine or codeine tablets for a CWE.

I'm going to do an extraction with about 40 effervescent co-codamol (8/500) tablets tonight. Obviously, by not using too much water, only so much APAP can dissolve, even with these types of tablets, but does anyone rough how much APAP will dissolve in comparison to regular, non-soluble codeine tablets?

I assume we can only guess, but would someone who's addressed this issue before like to hazard a guess. Would the APAP be say twice as soluble at a temperature of about 5C using effervescent tablets as opposed to regular ones?

That's probably the temperature it is when I swallow the substance, I never let it freeze, to avoid reducing the codeine output, but it's pretty cold after 15-20 minutes in the freezer.

I still like the "Binge Artist CWE method" best. Crush up the pills, roll the powder up in a coffee filter, and hold it in your cheeks like a big Skoal Bandit, occasionally taking mouthfuls of cold water and swishing it around.

Mr Blonde said:
^ Home made IV line, anyone?

Seriously though, don't inject the results of a CWE.

Wouldn't think of it.

But has anyone had any experience in snorting the dried product?? Just as bad? I hate drinking opiates.

Binge Artist said:
I still like the "Binge Artist CWE method" best. Crush up the pills, roll the powder up in a coffee filter, and hold it in your cheeks like a big Skoal Bandit, occasionally taking mouthfuls of cold water and swishing it around.

Are you seriously serious about this method?

Just to clarify what I didn't make clear in my question, I wasn't asking about the solubility of dihydrocodeine or codeine, but about the possible dangers of the solubility of APAP when using effervescent dihdrocodeine or codeine tablets for a CWE.

I'm going to do an extraction with about 40 effervescent co-codamol (8/500) tablets tonight. Obviously, by not using too much water, only so much APAP can dissolve, even with these types of tablets, but does anyone rough how much APAP will dissolve in comparison to regular, non-soluble codeine tablets?

I assume we can only guess, but would someone who's addressed this issue before like to hazard a guess. Would the APAP be say twice as soluble at a temperature of about 5C using effervescent tablets as opposed to regular ones?

That's probably the temperature it is when I swallow the substance, I never let it freeze, to avoid reducing the codeine output, but it's pretty cold after 15-20 minutes in the freezer.

It may help if we know in what form the acetaminophen is present; does the box list the full names of the ingredients? Then we could determine solubility accurately.

dokomo said:
Are you seriously serious about this method?

gets ME high. But I'm sure I ingest quite a bit more APAP this way than by a proper CWE.

But one very important point: Unlike a Skoal Bandit...you should NOT spit!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.