• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction New! - Cold Water Extraction Mega Thread & FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got most of it out then. There is no way to know for sure, but in all likelihood, you did. Even if you didnt, like you said, 1000mg will fit in 1ml. 1000mg is a recommended dose for treating headaches or joint pain. You have nothing to worry about if you consumed that much.

there was about 12g of APAP in pills before CWE. So i got most of that out?

Yeah, especially considering the solubility. It would be impossible to get 12 grams in the water, as long as the water was cold.

Thats why its a COLD water extraction. The colder the water, the less soluble the APAP is, but the opiate is still just as soluble.

EDIT - now that I look back, I see you used cool water. You are supposed to use cold water, but cool water is ok too. That being said, I would imagine there is about a gram of APAP in there, maybe more, maybe less. There is no way to know for sure. Regardless, there is no way very much was left in solution. I highly doubt there is more than 2 grams left. More than 1 gram can barely dissolve in 150ml of water, no matter what the temperature is.

Did you already consume it? If you didnt and you a worried, just dont consume. If you did, well, its too late. Theres nothing we can do for you now. Not that you need anything anyways since there could only be a small amount of APAP left.

OK, you want a proper answer? Everything must follow certain rules. Chemistry, physics, they all follow rules. I don't care to look up the solubility of APAP at the moment, but it is low. Lets go with your figure of 1 gram in 100mL water, that sounds about right. You used 150mL. Therefore, the most APAP you have in solution is 1.5 grams (very basic math). There's nothing to be concerned about. There's a limit to how much APAP can dissolve into 150mL water, and you're safe.

Happy with the answer?

k...thanks 6/7 and jc! I was really tired when i typed this, that's why i was super worried.

johanneschimpo said:
OK, you want a proper answer? Everything must follow certain rules. Chemistry, physics, they all follow rules. I don't care to look up the solubility of APAP at the moment, but it is low. Lets go with your figure of 1 gram in 100mL water, that sounds about right. You used 150mL. Therefore, the most APAP you have in solution is 1.5 grams (very basic math). There's nothing to be concerned about. There's a limit to how much APAP can dissolve into 150mL water, and you're safe.

Happy with the answer?

What you said about the solubility is approximately correct, I read in a pharmaceutical company's pdf on acetaminophen that the solubility is 8mg/ml.
Either way, solubility-wise, the OP is fine.

However, if you dont properly filter your solution (i.e. use something too porous, like a tshirt) acetaminophen that is not soluble can make it through suspended in the solution. The solubility doesnt apply here, because I am talking about acetaminophen that is suspended in the solution itself.

IMO, the two most important factors in a CWE is to use COLD water and proper filtration. Always at least tight cotton cloth like a dress shirt or piece of muslin cloth and a coffee filter.

Merging CWE question into the CWE mega thread.

I think djsim was the guy I was referring to who posted in the AusDD CWE thread about evaporating and weighing the product, or did someone else also perform this experiment?

My tolerance right now is up to where I'd need to go and get about six packs of the stuff in order to have a CWE for me so I don't get impatient and then one to evaporate. :\

Opiate extraction (simple + no bullshit)

acetaminophen (tylenol) and caffeine aren't water soluble UNLIKE OPIATES!
Simple so far right... You can remove the tylenol and caffeine from Percocet and Tylenol 3's ,2's,and 1's very easily without beakers and a lab like some fucks on this site will lead you to believe. This shit is common sense.

Crush up your pills into a fine powder- the finer the better the end product.

place powder into a glass of warm water, not hot and not cold-warm. The less water the easier just make sure you use enough. It's a personal judgement call the first few times til you perfect this simple process.

Stir! Stir and stir and stir and stir and when you think your done stir again.

Place glass in freezer for approx 30 minutes (until a mm of water is between the edge of the rim of the glass and the ice formed in the middle). Don't freeze the whole thing! We freeze to collect the caffeine that isnt water soluble but is so small it will pass throughthe filter... Betcha didnt know that! lol

Get another glass the same size and cover with a piece of towel/bandanna/facecloth/coffee filters suck. Fasten it securely with a rubber band or tape. Now your filter is ready!

Take your stuff out of the freezer (when it's ready!) and slowly pour it into the filter glass. watch how the acetaminophen gets left behind in a big blob in the filter with the ice-> (caffeine). You can filter it twice if you're anal or want all the caffeine out- the caffeine is fucking a pain in the ass to completely eliminate!

Take off the filter and drink! or if your a junky and used percocet to make oxycodone juice (you can't shoot codeine!) you can let the juice stand when the water evaporates you are left with almost 100% oxycodone (16 Percocet = an80mg oxy-contin pill)! Or, a faster way to evaporate the water is to pour the juice into a wide bowl and have a fan blow on the water to dry it out and evaporate the water alot quicker if your hurtin'! scrape the white powdery residue and shoot or snort.

There ya have it.

1. We already have a CWE thread. Search Engine ftw.

2. Caffeine IS water soluble, so good job on telling people to take potentially super-high levels of caffeine.

3. It is nowhere near 100% oxycodone! Even with cold water, acetaminophen is soluble at around the rate of 8mg/mL so there will still be a chunk of it left in the final product.

4. Because of number three, there is NO WAY anyone should shoot the results of a CWE

There are so many other wrong things here, like using warm water instead of cold. The colder, the better because of solubility. There is no point in starting with warm and then cooling, no added benefit.

im no pro but as above poster stated this is a personal method of water extraction and its called COLD water extraction for a reason.

Brilliant thread...too bad you're like 10 years too late on this new discovery. lol. Anyways, not that I would suggest this, but doctors administer tylenol IV all the time. Water solubility definitely does not indicate whether a substance can be Iv'd or not. However, in general practice for recreational uses Insoluable substances and pills in general should not be injected because users generally just dissolve it in water which along with the drugs other water soluable fillers remain in solution. Typically water insoluable drugs are mixed with alcohols (peg, ethanol, benzyl alcohol, Benzyl benzanate, etc.) or other solutions that are more basic or acidic than plain ol' water. It's not necessarily the tylenol that's bad it's the other crap in there. I would completely avoid this practice for harm reduction's sake.

I'm sorry but I'm laughing so hard at this thread. What a great new idea you have came up with.

We get Tylenol no2 15mg Codeine OTC here and it's easier to throw 8 into a clear glass with a small amt of CW and place in fridge swirling now and then. After a while the glob sinks to the bottom and the clear liquid can be decantered off and drank easily, it's even easier than filtering and probably gives a higher Codeine content. This is quick and easy @with only 8 pills when a Codeine shot is needed quickly.

this shall be merged/closed, i give it 5 min tops before Mr B or 6/7 get to it.

Now you made me look bad, 7 hours later. :\ ;)

I'll merge this into the CWE thread, but chemical vibrations I do have to point out that:

1) Caffeine is very water soluble.
2) A complex extraction is not necessary for users like me or you, but for those who may need to take more care with their liver yet are going to use these products anyway, a complex extraction that removes more APAP is going to be the go for them.
3) IV'ing the CWE is a bad idea. Binders and fillers can get in there, and so can APAP, contrary to your belief it is water soluble, just not very.
4) Yes I realize dokomo made all these points already. :p Thanks brother, you got my back. ;)

Merging chemicalvibrations CWE method into the CWE mega thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.