• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction New! - Cold Water Extraction Mega Thread & FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also concur about the freezing being fine. It can cause the binders to swell up but other than that, the opioid is totally unharmed.

Enjoy :) !

Binge Artist said:
I still like the "Binge Artist CWE method" best. Crush up the pills, roll the powder up in a coffee filter, and hold it in your cheeks like a big Skoal Bandit, occasionally taking mouthfuls of cold water and swishing it around.
That would taste like complete asshole. And not just once, but several times over each time you swish the shit taste around. Thats disgusting.

Update on my extraction. I had 2.4g of codeine in 750 ml of water which I wanted to evaporate of quickly. I used a large baking dish and placed it in the oven at 50 degrees Celsius until it was dry. I weighed out a dose of 300mg (total weight, I would guess there is still some paracetamol in there) and it seemed to have the same effect as a unheated liquid dose.

So anyone who wants to quickly get their codeine into powder form need not worry about temperatures in that range.

I dont freeze either, just put some icecubes in water whilst dissolving and crush the tablets. When im finished crushing (5mins tops) the water is about 5-10c tops, good enough for a CWE, try and avoid thesedays though. CWE is the baby brother of the devil (real opiates).

Last edited:
johanneschimpo said:
That would taste like complete asshole. And not just once, but several times over each time you swish the shit taste around. Thats disgusting.

lol...it's an acquired taste.

rolls, I'm pretty sure that there's no need to ever crush pills with APAP in, as you can just use warm water, and stir them around until they've dissolved. There must be some reason why so many people keep crushing their pills for a CWE other than just ignorance. A reason that renders me ignorant in this respect.

I've always used a freezer for my codeine/dihydrocodeine extractions, putting the solution in for 15 minutes if the waters cooled down, or 20 minutes if it hasn't.

Here's a question for the experts. Regarding codeine or dihydrocodeine/APAP tablets, does anyone know roughly how low the temperature needs to be for all the codeine that could become soluble to become so?

To reword that, I've seen supported figures showing that more codeine is soluble at 21c than 31c. Obviously you don't want your product to freeze, but is there an ideal temperature range for codeine or other opiate solubility?

Dancan said:
rolls, I'm pretty sure that there's no need to ever crush pills with APAP in, as you can just use warm water, and stir them around until they've dissolved. There must be some reason why so many people keep crushing their pills for a CWE other than just ignorance. A reason that renders me ignorant in this respect.

I've always used a freezer for my codeine/dihydrocodeine extractions, putting the solution in for 15 minutes if the waters cooled down, or 20 minutes if it hasn't.

Here's a question for the experts. Regarding codeine or dihydrocodeine/APAP tablets, does anyone know roughly how low the temperature needs to be for all the codeine that could become soluble to become so?

To reword that, I've seen supported figures showing that more codeine is soluble at 21c than 31c. Obviously you don't want your product to freeze, but is there an ideal temperature range for codeine or other opiate solubility?

I'm sure there is an optimal temperature but its really neither here nor there, because your codeine solubility is 1000mg/0.7ml of water at 21C (which is about 70 degrees Fahrenheit) so its next to impossible to run up against codeine solubility problems.

Dancan said:

They dissolve faster if you crush them first, can use cold water straight away, don't need to use warm.

Sure, but aren't you arguing that it'll save time that way because you don't need to use warm water, and so the solution won't need be in the freezer for so long?

But time spent crushing the pills is going to negate any time saved cooling and then some.

Crushing pills with a motar and pestle takes 1-2min max, cooling warm water takes 20+ minutes.

rolls said:
Crushing pills with a motar and pestle takes 1-2min max, cooling warm water takes 20+ minutes.

Exactly. I smash down on each pill in a ceramic bowl ONCE with a the end of a glass pipe and its totally powder. 10 pills, 10 seconds. Stir it for maybe 5-10 seconds and its good. Waiting for the warm water in the freezer to get cold takes 15-25 minutes.

I find that my co codamols dissolve easily in tap water which is cold but not as a beer should be cold, but even in this water they dissolve reletively quick.

I fucked up so many cwe's when I was first doing them, now I have it perfect, the key is patience to wait for the liquid to filter through a Coffe filter and then when the solution in the filter dries you can do the process again.

But if I need a hit 'now' I'll use a t shirt with nurofen + as ibuprophen is allot less dangerous than paracetamol.

rolls said:
I dont freeze either, just put some icecubes in water whilst dissolving and crush the tablets. When im finished crushing (5mins tops) the water is about 5-10c tops, good enough for a CWE, try and avoid thesedays though. CWE is the baby brother of the devil (real opiates).

Little hint: if you add ice cubes to your CWE, you can make them dissolve 5 times faster if you constantly stir the solution with a chop-stick ;)

my problem is waiting an hour for it to filter through the coffee filter, maybe I was using too small of a cup. I haven't had to do a CWE for a while though, ever since I started mixing Morphine with the Hydro.

dwg52378 said:
my problem is waiting an hour for it to filter through the coffee filter, maybe I was using too small of a cup. I haven't had to do a CWE for a while though, ever since I started mixing Morphine with the Hydro.

Try using a cone-style coffee filter.

The coffee filter part does take a while, but proper filtration is what makes the entire thing work. Solubility doesnt matter when you arent removing what is suspended in the solution.

CWE: Butalbital W/ Codein

Hi, Have been using opiates regularry for the last few years, recently came across a bottle of Butalbital. After reasearching the specifics it's actually

Butalbital 50 mg, Acetaminophen 325 mg, Caffeine 40 mg and Codeine 30 mg
a generic version of Fioricet with Codeine

I was wondering if CWE method would work on this, to get just the Codeine out of it? I have done CWE many times in the past with oxycodone and vicodin, would this work the same way? woudl anything pass through the filters? I am most worried about the Butalbital. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.