• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction New! - Cold Water Extraction Mega Thread & FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone say if they got high off there solution or not...i have a high tolerence, i used 15 vicoden ES's.... i used Harrys Cold Water Extraction Method...word of mouth its the best method....i felt it but i haardly got high, its probably cuz of my tolerence but i still wanna know if others got high...and yes i repeated the CWE 3-4 times

^At 15 ES vikes (what is that, "nominally" 7.5 mg/pill?), the "perfect" yield would be about 112.5. Or about 11 norcos. Does 11 norcos usually get you high?

Binge Artist said:
I still like the "Binge Artist CWE method" best. Crush up the pills, roll the powder up in a coffee filter, and hold it in your cheeks like a big Skoal Bandit, occasionally taking mouthfuls of cold water and swishing it around.

This is a really bad idea, you could easily be ingesting a lethal dose of apap.

Codeine evaporation

Hello Bluelight! First time poster long time browser.

I've got 2.4 grams of codeine + between 1 & 2 grams of paracetamol in 750ml of water. Thanks to the cold water extraction of Panadeine (8mg codeine and 500mg paracetamol per tablet).

A while back I had 400mg of codeine in 100ml of water and tried to evaporate it all off to get a powder of mostly pure codeine. I did this by pouring the water onto a baking tray and leaving it covered with some cloth outside for two days. It dried off but had a fair bit of dust in the end product.

Wanting something quicker I did the same thing but setup a fan blowing hot air directly at the water. This took a couple of hours but again, there was dust and such in the end product. Plus it was pretty tedious setting the fan up.

I'm looking at doing my whole 750ml batch at once and I was wondering what would be the most efficient way to do this? I have an oven that starts at 50 degrees celsius but I'm worried that will destroy the codeine, ideas?

why are you trying to turn it in to powder.... just drink the liquid... if you have 2gm in 750 ml then you know you would have 1 gm in 325ml or 1/2 a gram in 160ml or so... just drink it more work not alot of results

I like to put it into capsules, makes it easier to carry around and store. Just thinking of the bitter taste makes me gag nowadays.

grape juice.... works wonders for masking the taste or in grapefruit juice... mix half of it in a grape fruit juice bottle there ya go....

^But the grapefruit juice would prevent the conversion into morphine, wouldn't it?

Merging diddymal's question about a CWE into the CWE mega thread.

Maybe try freebasing the codeine out of solution using NaOH/CaOH or something similar?

By adding NaOH slowly you should be able to start seeing precipitate fall out of solution, and you can stop adding NaOH when there is no more precipitate. Someone else may be able to fill in on a better way to do this however, and be careful when using strong bases.

Last edited:
rolls said:
This is a really bad idea, you could easily be ingesting a lethal dose of apap.

What you say is true.

But let's ponder the true purpose of a CWE. Clearly, a CWE is not for people who need 200 mg of hydrocodone to get off. For such people, other drugs are in order. IMO, a CWE is for people who do an amount of vicodin that contains less than, say, 5000 mg of APAP, and just want to reduce the APAP to a level where they get less of a sick stomach.

But yes, I certainly wouldn't recommend the "Binge Artist" method for applications involving more than 5000 mg of APAP.

^ I don't think I'd use a mouth-based CWE for any application involving more then, say, two grams of APAP. And in that case I'd most likely just swallow the pills, my liver is probably too trashed already.

Besides, the thought of doing a CWE in your mouth is disgusting, it's hard enough to drink already. :\

Water freezing during CWE?

So I just did a cwe. It wasn't my first, but it was the first time the water started to actually freeze.

I got pre occupied and totally forgot about it, so I rushed to the freezer and realized the water had partially frozen. Not the whole solution, just little chunks on the edges. :\

Will this do anything to the opiate? Will it fuck it up at all?

I was using hydrocodone, btw.

Weird- same thing happened to me with a codeine CWE today. I caught a good buzz when the water meted so you should be ok. That's as far as I know mate.

There's no need to bring freezing into this procedure.
Just cold water and filter papers.

monstanoodle said:
There's no need to bring freezing into this procedure.
Just cold water and filter papers.

Correct. But like he said, he got preoccuppied. He didnt INTEND to freeze it.

Merging question about accidentally freezing CWE solution into the CWE mega thread.

Correct. But like he said, he got preoccuppied. He didnt INTEND to freeze it.

I think monstanoodle was saying that that step of the process is unnecessary; I don't go to that length for my CWEs, I just dissolve and filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.