Your Productions Go Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chalk: That "Rooftop Hacker" DnB track is pretty tight sounding--REALLY like that gritty drum loop near the end! My main issue is there seems to be 3 completely different "sounding" drum loops as the song progresses, rather than layering over a 'foundational' beat... if that makes any sense. I don't know that this is a bad thing though--it kind of gives the track a nice feeling of progression. Right on, man!

kurt: nice rework of that track. it still has the vibe and sounds of the original, but the alterations really make it seem a whole lot smoother and more organic. seperately mastering the tracks was a great idea as the sounds have a lot more room to breathe and doesn't have the sort of condensed claustrophobic quality of the original. the additional filtering and percussion improves the progression a lot.

reading about your production process, my only question would be: how similar is this to the track that was the source of all the sample material? i know i've heard "keep on jumpin'" or the francois k mix in the distant past, but i can't remember it too well. is this distinct enough to be considered new material or should it be classified as a remix?

either way, good work.

Dysco: the only sampled material is a 4 bar piece taken from the orig. disco song, and even the melody in that has been re-arragned. I think origianl/remix is kind of grey area in the whole disco filtering genre, for me it's just an extension of DJing. I would call it a re-mix I guess.
but I am working on some truly "original" stuff that will be making its way here soon. Thanks for your help. Cheers

jimmyx: i listened to most of the four tracks on your site.. street kamikaze showed the most creativity and the kick was situated more tolerably in the mix.. the progression was less predictable than in the other three, which is a good thing and the breakbeats added interest. i also kinda liked the oldschool rave sounds. made me nostalgic.

i admit i don't listen to much hard house, but i like to think i'm openminded. my main problem is that your tracks sound so samey. the same synth sounds, the same kicks, the same kind of rolls. nothing feels very fresh. the only thing distinguishing the tracks from each other are the lengthy vocal samples, which are overused. it's like you've got an "ultimate hard house" sample collection cd and aren't using anything else in your productions. even a lot of the voice samples are ones that have been beaten to death.

you've got the genre's formula down, but you need to invest more of yourself into giving the tracks a personality. spending some time on creating your own unique sounds would be a good start.

keep at it and never be afraid of trying something new. there's no disrespect intended. i have admiration for anyone who can complete a track. people who are more into hardhouse might be able to hear things i don't and give you a better critique.

2004 and off with a bang

hey there kiddies!!

I've start 04 with a thumping hard trance track.. i'd love for you guyz to check it out and le me know what you think..

http://www.djdeux.tk

you're looking for reflections (original mix) in the music section

thank you all and enjoy

w00ps.. i didn't mean to post here.. menbt to go in producers thread

^^^ thanks bud

my site has been down for the last 24 hours but i've got it back online now.. so if you've gone to check it out and found it isn't there it now is :D

so if you havn't got it.. get it :D hehehehe

l8rz

hey acell,

just listened to reflections so here's my comments: good arrangement, lots of changes and smooth evolution. i like the way it starts off fairly minimally. the bass sound is rich and meaty and the legato on it is really effective. i dig the way it dips down a few tones every so often. the chord sequence at around 3:40 is too beautiful. the transition roll around 5 minutes is very unique and trippy. all your synth sounds had a good trancy flavor with a bit of a twist on them to make 'em yours. except for the high end staccato lead sound, which was a little grating and too typical. the percussion programming is very good and effective even if the drums sounds were a little overly familiar. the last minute seems to be filler designed for a dj mixing out of the track, but up until that point it had a really great progression. it's very tasteful and emotive without dipping into cheezy histrionics.

anyways, i think that's a pretty frickin' great track. which is very impressive given that i can't stand trance :)

Last edited:
thanks alot for your feedback dyscotopia... i'm glad you liked..

i agree tho that my percussion is a little... old.. something i'm going to change with my next track..

thanks again :)

physix: perplexing title. good track. are the voice samples reversed? i like the way the sounds are slightly dissonant and it's got a very funky low-end, though i think your description is probably too technical for anyone other than other producers. :) anyways, that's way more on my tip than a lot of the bl productions i've heard recently. i'd go off in a club or party to that. it's still pretty stripped down but even so, i could have listened for a few more minutes. very sweet, even though i'm sure you spent a lot of time on that, it never sounds labored. nice to see that we've got a moderator with mad skillz... ;)

negative: i see what you mean about it being unfinished. it has a lot of potential though. your sounds are too dry right now. the drum breaks need to be warmed up. the programming there is fine, but they're a little too crisp and sterile right now for the feel you're going for. and i'm not sure about your piano sound. excuse me if that's a real piano, but right now it sounds too much like a piano preset off a synth or good sound card. the synth sounds are acceptable as is, though again, more processing would help. i also think you need to add a high-end sound to round out the mix, maybe some high-end pads or a complementary upper-register melody. the bass in the track is all coming from the piano at the moment but i think a very minimal bassline with lots of sub would fill out the bottom end more.

anyways, if you can add that extra level of detail and polish, i think you'll have a very pretty track on your hands that the girls will swoon for ;)

NocturnalRecords said:
It would be GREAT.. if ya started posting a DIRECT link to the song.. like www.nocturnalrecords.com/music/test.mp3

instead of like www.mp3.com/blah... its really a pain in the ass having to register to each site to be able to stream the damn song.. and wait for their bullshit to listen to one song.. just a thought

mmm... tastey cheese hey?
i like it, especially the spacey booty tech 80s electro feel. niice.

Chalk said:
Come on you slakers, where's all the reviews for my tunes!?!? ;)

cool stuff there... dirty magic is sweet. oh my god... its joy division on acid!!! again!!!
14.gif

SteveElektro said:
And the lord said unto thee:
"revieweth, and ye shall be reviewed"
=D
Acid Techno Is Dead (Corrosive Mix)
is totally pumping man, your really bangin it out there.
but i think i like bad intent better, it drives a bit harder...pumps along like a diesal locomotive.
keep up the fine work.
always a pleasure.

and spgeddi adds... everyone maketh yer linky work and i will comment free!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.