Your Productions Go Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Negative said:
I need an MC for a few tracks . . .

http://www.acidplanet.com/Negative

hey, i like the reverse samples on this one.

my only prob is the kick.

i always hate that muffled kick sound. it reminds
me of the first keyboard i had with drum sounds
back in 87 ... so, if you could either take the
muffle out or use a dif't kick sound altogether,
maybe one that is more crisp and clear, it'd be
solid!

This sounds like it could actually be a song-song, too.
maybe you should get some lyrix up in that bitch.

physix said:
hey, i like the reverse samples on this one.

my only prob is the kick.

i always hate that muffled kick sound. it reminds
me of the first keyboard i had with drum sounds
back in 87 ... so, if you could either take the
muffle out or use a dif't kick sound altogether,
maybe one that is more crisp and clear, it'd be
solid!

This sounds like it could actually be a song-song, too.
maybe you should get some lyrix up in that bitch.

Yeah, I need to put up a new version of that track cause there is absolutely no compression on the drums at all, and I did use a pretty bad kick but that can always be changed. Thanks for the listen! :)

MacZero - Wangin'

Hey guys, just thought I'd yet you all know about my new project, MacZero.

It's trance with a hard-dance flavour, with high production standards and a taste for different sounds..

MacZero - Wangin' @ mp3.com.au

Feel free to leave a review on the site. I will review anyone who reviews me :) Thanks guys!

physix: I really dig Tha' Lick, I love choppy jackin stuff. If I could get a copy of that onto CDR and speed it up to about 136, I'd play that in sets... if only I could get a decent sounding version, as opposed to the wma's that the site lets me download :(

Had a listen to It Will Come Back as Patr!k Fath, and I gotta say it was pretty damn dark, not an enjoyable listen as much as an assaulting listen... yummy. again I'd play it pitched up, but I'd probably play it at +12db on the bass lol ;) again I'd love to have a listen to a higher quality version though.

MacZero: I'm not a massive fan of hard-dance styled music, so I'll comment on how the production sounds... The patterns were tight, sometimes the arrangment went a bit around the place.. it started to build up then went a bit relaxed all of a sudden, too much so for my likes. The samples you're using are good, but sometimes sound a bit low quality. For instance, in the standard breaks breakdown you've used, the kick sounds very lacklustre. I'm sure with a little hunting around you'd be able to find something a bit more powerful. :)

The synths are sounding a little old-school video game as well.. have you mixed this on a nice set of speakers or headphones? The mix is overall a bit dull, and could be a lot brighter. Apart from that, keep up the good work.

jihan: I had a listen to your new ones.. you were right, I found practice in Db more listenable.. seemed slightly more harmonic, but I am a fan of strange orchestration, so they were both enjoyable. Would I be right in assuming that the very mechanical nature of the repetitous keys was placed into the song as part of it's style?

Also, what are you using for the piano sounds and pads in the background? I'm curious to find out. :)

Doomsday Boy: Listening to K137.. I love the congas in the background of the intro man, so nice.. maybe make them a bit more prominent? The panpipe sample sounds strangely familiar though. I'm digging those reverse crashes that come in from the side, although some variation in the panning would be sick. The bassline and synth are great, although I love my really dark dnb... oooer, just hit 2:45... I dig this jungle bass. It's almost like a totally different concept to the synthline that was just playing.. seems to jump about a lot in it's movement. Nice if that's what you're after, but it keeps catching me by surprise in an irritating way at times. I'd love to hear it again after some more work :)

Seven Deep: reverse hats are crazy! didn't expect that. new bits of the song seem to come in at strange times that throw me off yet again in an irritating way. apart from that, it's a freaking groovy track.. the bassline seems a bit flat though. the snare cuts through the mix a bit too much as well in my ears, maybe tone it down a touch, maybe clip some of the tail off as well.

roliepolie: i had a listen to your track, and liked it a lot.. although it seemed VERY loop based. at times almost like just muting loops on and off... wasn't as breaky as I expected either. :) The mix gets quite loud at times though, as more and more layers are stacked straight on top of each other... sweet if you were going for that effect, but it starts to get hard on my ears personally. Like to hear some more of your stuff sometime.

Jungle Drama: nice percussion and orchestration of the synths in this psy track :) the arrangement was a bit repetitious for psytrance, found myself wanting a bit more in movement. the moaning sample was a bit cheesy :p what synths are you using? they aren't stereotypical psy sounding patches, have you had a look around the net for any? keep it up guys.

suess: got contemplation... nice hard driving acid lines man :) as you said, it's in progress, but it's sounding really nice. some of the percussion could be replaced with more powerful samples perhaps? the buildup gets a bit long as well, but once that's past, it's a great track. the volume starts to get a bit noisy and distorted at times though, watch that clipping.

I hope all of you mp3.com users have found some new hosting since c-net bought mp3.com. unless something changes, they're gonna start charging for hosting in the next week or two.

a little something from me.. i've been a bit french recently. HERE

ignore my crazy title names, i'm usually in crazy mindsets when i write :)

now, while that's a cure for insomnia, why didn't i spend it writing new tunes? Damn you all to hell. ;)

(you owe me a few hours of my life) 8(

yeah respect dante... is a work in progress.. we are looking at a subtle and definately different amen under the main beat but as we're all sick of amens it's proving hard to get right. I'll perhaps stretch each bass section in the 2nd half so the changes aren't so close together. Respect for the review anyway man! peace.

(btw, if you want your shit reviewed, it's often a good idea to review other people's stuff... you'll be surprised as to how much a review of your own stuff will make you want to review people's stuff ;))

Dante said:

a little something from me.. i've been a bit french recently. HERE

ignore my crazy title names, i'm usually in crazy mindsets when i write :)

"french?"

whacoo talkin' about "french?"

this is nice dirty gritty early Mauro Piccoto techno sounds!

it's actually a really good track! Nice arpeggiator work!

I like this... just enough trance elements with just enough
techno in there, too!

^^ more on that, i would simply over-compress maybe a trybal percussive line to make it sound like it's clipping thru the synth parts. but that's simply an aesthetic i like.

Dante,

Everything was done in Reason. The repetitive notes were part of the style as well.

I listened to your track. I think the track can be more interesting if you added couple of more layers that resides in the high frequency w/ the bass/percussion sounds. Maybe a repetitive runs of hollow drum sound in the high frequency range at certain junctures would do the trick.

Good luck.

physix: Yeah I really enjoy the over compressed sound as well, dunno how many others do though ;)

I also noticed that I'm up to arsehouse_7, not 4 hehe :) so that's an oldish version.. i've tweaked the bassline to make it a bit more changing and not so static, and added more percussion through the song. I reckon I'll put up a finished version in the next few weeks.

(yeah guys, please don't think that I think i'm king shit 'cause i'm reviewing your stuff... that's just my personal views influenced by my personal tastes, just the same way anyone would critically review your stuff. don't think you can't do the same for me :))

Dante said:
(btw, if you want your shit reviewed, it's often a good idea to review other people's stuff... you'll be surprised as to how much a review of your own stuff will make you want to review people's stuff ;))

Understood

Dexium - http://www.mp3.com.au/track.asp?id=62252#

Excuse my non technical review but....

Overall I enjoyed the track, the quality is great. I am just breaking into the production world but it sounds like you have something I don't :). The beginning beat before the anthem breakdown is dope. I wasn't a big fan of the high pitched whining at about 1:30 into the track. That is just my personal opinion. I enjoyed the break beat during the break with the syth that is dope. Your build up and break down drums are outstanding, great break down to the syth.

What sort of equipment did you use for this track?

Do you have more tracks? I haven't had the chance to browse this thread...

Thanks

Bill

hi all... dante... cheers for the review m8! feedback appreciated.. we did try to keep k137 varied and perhaps took it too far.. it has been said it would be better in an 8 min track but 4 min is usual for a demo so have left it for now...

I took a listen to yours under the here button.. trance/techno not being my strong point production-wise, I'll try keep my comments to opinions only!! It rolls along nicely and the synth and bass work well (I like bass in trancey housey techno.. not used enough IMO) the bass drum is perhaps a little weak.. could use some progression/further build perhaps? Again.. only suggestions... i liked as much as the style allows :)

I got another in the mixer.. just finished mastering it last night if anyone would care to feedback... all synths homegrown and no loops other than the filtered amen used...

www.trisinnajungle.co.uk and follow link to free choonz... then is Suburban Drift on lhs.

Would appreciate feedback as this is nearly done and dusted...

Cheers
DBoy

Status
Not open for further replies.