• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Your Personal Opiate Withdrawal Arsenal

^^^

Go to the ER. You tell them you are detoxing from that kind of heavy long term benzo use, and they'll at least give you enough medication to keep you from getting insanely sick and seizing, and if you do, they'll be able to treat you..

Stay there until a bed opens up somewhere in a detox and get transferred.

Yuup. Treating opi detox and benzo detox in the er are night and day. When you go in for being dope sick they basically treat you and street you...if they suspect you are having mental issues then they will hold you but still they give you bupe and a benzo if you are super lucky, worst case they give you some zofran orbphenegren and say gtfo...benzos they take vitals right away, get you in a room and hook you up to an ECG and various monitors, hr, pulseox...I felt so bad, and I was actually freaked out about the poss of having a bad seizure. My sister has had 3 and we were taking basically the same amt of xanax a day like 6 to 8mgs. They gave me a few shots of iv lorazepam along with fluids and an Rx for serax. He was going to give me more xanax but with this fucking monitoring they do now it would have been poss it wouldn't be filled until the req time...but I told him that and he gave me the serax. I was in there for a couple hours, and before I was discharged he was really serolipus and said if you start to feel shaky or in WD come back immediately, follow up with your Dr asap. Luckilybthe hospitals around here are pretty good.

^^

Exactly. In the hospital, opiate detox and benzo/alcohol detox are whole different ball games. They know that opiate withdrawal wont kill you, so they give you some ibuprofen and send you on your dope sick way. But, with benzos and alcohol withdrawal, serious bp issues and seizures are common, which can lead to death, so they take it much more seriously.

Subs, Subs, Subs. quick steady taper. Then run like hell the other way

I have never withdrawn from Oxycontin since my suicide attempt 6 years ago resulting in nearly 10 severe bone fractures. I was wondering how I can flush my system of the drug and start the pain relief from stage one? I mean how much pain do people with clinical need for pain relief experience when withdrawing? How do you stop the cramps? how do you stop the deep bone pain that gabapentin does not seem to reach or am I not taking the correct dosage? How do you stop the anxiety? How can you improve mood while withdrawing?

In the past I've used a light dose of DXM + Loperamide (90-120mg, 6-10mg) for mild withdrawal symptoms.

It's been a long time since I've let myself get bad enough to graduate to "moderate," so I can't particularly comment on its efficacy in that situation.

Don't really have any aresonal now, been on Subs for like 8 months, BUT while using Loperamide was a lifesaver, used it may a times, pretty much killed most of the withdrawls,didn't get me high though, just SLEEPY. When I know I wasn't going to haveing anything I would eat like 72 to 100 pills, and suprisingly would still have a bowel movement every other day(pretty big logs to,gross I know). Kratom if you have a smaller habbit, but if you have a bigger one and can stomach it(somehow I could) huge ass doses like 20 tablespoons works some wonders(but not as good as Loperamide for me as it would make me anxious). A small amount of weed and benzo's at night of course for sleep.

I have never withdrawn from Oxycontin since my suicide attempt 6 years ago resulting in nearly 10 severe bone fractures. I was wondering how I can flush my system of the drug and start the pain relief from stage one? I mean how much pain do people with clinical need for pain relief experience when withdrawing? How do you stop the cramps? how do you stop the deep bone pain that gabapentin does not seem to reach or am I not taking the correct dosage? How do you stop the anxiety? How can you improve mood while withdrawing?

So you are not talking joint pain, but rather bone pain.. if it is really bone pain then I would guess you have low vitamine D, which is not uncommon for long time users. You may consider getting your levels checked.

-Big old box of lope for the shits (Doesnt help me much else even mega dosed)
-Full xanax script
-Hand full of immovane/zopiclone
-Magnesium
-B vitamins

hello everyone, first post

ok i really need some help......

as of three weeks ago i had been taking a combination of oxycodone/hydrocodone for three years and tramadol for the last year(4 years total) recreationally and had decided to quit cold turkey for my wife's and daughter's sake. i'm pre-disposed to addiction as my mom was always into scripts recreationally and my grandmother was always into scripts because that is all her doc did for her to manage her pain. the entire withdrawal process was done at home and as of tonight i have made it through most of the withdrawal except for one thing.....fucking RLS. i cannot shake this shit. i have tried everything: hot baths with lavender and epsom salt, icy/hot, tylenol, naproxen, ibuprofen, iron supplements, massage, ice packs, heat pad, weed, gaba, lyrica, mirapex, basically everything but a benzo as i refuse to take them since i've come so far with the narcotic withdrawal. what's worse is that sometimes i get it in my upper arms which causes them to jerk. so needless to say i'm not the only one not getting sleep at night.

if anyone has any advice i would greatly appreciate it. thank you

Kratom; Gabapentin; Clonazepam; Nitrous (great for those nagging compulsive feelings during detox)

Lots of water and healthy food.

Showers/baths- If I am in severe withdrawal, I will lay on the bath floor for hours with the shower running on me.

It took me years, but my use is now down to where I rarely experience significant withdrawal symptoms.

Benzodiazepines (particularly ones with strong muscle relaxant properties i.e. diazepam, but alprazolam works as well, very good anxiolytic), Gabapentin/Pregabalin, Ketamine/s-ket but I prefer Methoxetamine due to it's duration and opiatesque warmth. Carisoprodol (Soma) is a great muscle-relaxant, as well as an anxiolytic/euphoriant. Whatever, I could go on and on, I'll just state my preferences.

Methoxetamine>Ketamine, I think racemic Ketamine is preferable for opi WD's.
Loperamide
High-dose Diazepam and Xanax- for instant panic relief. Clonazepam- good muscle-relaxant props, long duration; Temazepam for sleep or daytime if you're tolerance is like that.
Pregabalin- pro-drug of gabapentin has much higher BA and potency.
Lots of Cannabis, Hash, BHO, CO2 Hash-oil, edibles, Shatter ect.
Kratom (maybe a ratio of Bali:Green Malay for best effects)
DXM, if you can't score K or MXE. No high-plateau doses.
Chelated Magnesium, L-Theanine, L-Tyrosine, B6, Passionflower, Chamomile, Skullcap, Ashwagandha, Kava, and such.
Comfortable dose psychedelics i.e. low dose Psilocybin/Psilocin Shrooms, 4-AcO-DMT, heard 4-HO-MET is perfect for that situation. Somebody buy me 4-ho-met!
Low dose Buprenorphine taper or Methadone taper from 30mg-0mg.
HOT SHOWERS OR BATHS!
Low dose D-amp or Lisdexamfetamine+K-pins to get some dopamine flowing, since opiates depleted the fuck out of them.
Zolpidem can help if you're benzo naive.
Gatorade, water, and green tea.
I'm sure I'm missing something :)

Kratom; Gabapentin; Clonazepam; Nitrous (great for those nagging compulsive feelings during detox)

Lots of water and healthy food.

Showers/baths- If I am in severe withdrawal, I will lay on the bath floor for hours with the shower running on me.

It took me years, but my use is now down to where I rarely experience significant withdrawal symptoms.

No effin way dude, whenever I shower during acute it feels like daggers stabbing me hah! Hot baths r a godsend tho....Always amazed me how all my symptoms disappear in a hot bath no matter how bad they are...but five minutes after u get out.....goddamn!!

I always do a quick bupe taper...works every time....cuts the shittiness at least in half for me, I always have clonidine bit rarely use it...atenolol works much better for the rapid heartbeat in me

Hey guys I'm not sure how to post in here.. I'm new.. I'm going through withdrawals from percocet and the number one symptom that i REALLY REALLY can't deal with is the temperature regulation issues.. my skin feels burning hot and sweaty but i have these goosebumps that rip through my skin at the same time and its just terrible.. what medications or remedies does anyone suggest for this symptom..

Hey guys I'm not sure how to post in here.. I'm new.. I'm going through withdrawals from percocet and the number one symptom that i REALLY REALLY can't deal with is the temperature regulation issues.. my skin feels burning hot and sweaty but i have these goosebumps that rip through my skin at the same time and its just terrible.. what medications or remedies does anyone suggest for this symptom..

Clonidine would be great, it actually gets rid of a wide spectrum of symptoms, except for the depression. As everybody mentioned, benzos help a ton. Imodium will help a great deal as well. Eat bananas, they have potassium, which helps a lot. Unfortunately, there is no fix, it's just something you have to ride out.

As for the topic at hand. I keep Gabapentin, and Promethazine. If I'm lucky I'll run into some benzos. I also like pharmaceutical amphetamines but can never get them when it's time. What usually ends up happening is that I take ridiculous amounts of Gabapentin to put me out. It sucks but the tolerance to Gabapentin builds very quick, which contributes to taking insane amounts of it. I obviously don't recommend for anyone to do this.

Edit: I also have a pretty good stash of 8mg Suboxone strips but I very much hate the drug. The taste alone drives me insane. I'm on day 3 of withdrawals and my Suboxone is untouched.

Last edited:
ketamine also does wonders as long as used with moderation
I did about 2 grams of ketamine over about a day during withdrawal and never k holed out -- my bf did a bunch too. But, if you have no tolerance I would guess that the fine line is a little shakier. I mean, if youre snorting it I feel like its pretty hard to go into a k hole. But, be careful, you sure wont like where you go.
Otherwise, ketamine = miracle withdrawal drug.

i've been going through withdrawals from a 5-6 month morphine habit. about 100-200mg per day... it was fun while it lasted, and cheap too. i was using the morphine sulfate oral solution with a potency of 20mg/5ml, which i had an ABUNDANCE of due to a friend giving me 10 pints (500ml in a pint) for a great price, and gawwddd did this stuff taste awful. I was practically having to force a shot glass full of the stuff down my throat, which always made me gag and even puke (of course i would force the puke back down not wanting to lose my dose) EVERY SINGLE MORNING..

I decided i had had enough. yes, the daily doses made me feel all warm and cozy, and made everything i did much more enjoyable (especially the typically dreaded family outings lol) but the dose required to achieve it was becoming more and more and more.

anyway, now that you have some back ground info, here is my concoction I've used to help with the symptoms

left to right: xanax (a MUST), Kratom, DXM, and flexeril (a muscle relaxer)

570CF68C-74A6-44D4-9323-4D054F55D212_zpslbdzz7wg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm on day 3 now and its looking pretty good for me. just remember, the most important thing about overcoming an addiction is ACTUALLY WANTING TO GET CLEAN.

Last edited:
With prescription:

Valium 10 for anxiety and muscle pain
Seroquel 100 for sleep
Etumina (clotiapine) for anxiety and sleep (extremely potent)
Lormetazepam for sleep

Without prescription:

Clonidine for various symptoms
Loperamide for diarrhea (2 mg. doses, not opiate-working)
Dexketoprofen for pain
Metoclopramide for nausea and vomiting
Ciclobenzaprine as muscle relaxant
Tizanidine as muscle relaxant and clonidine-like drug
Doxylamine for sleep