• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Your Personal Opiate Withdrawal Arsenal

Hey guys! First time using bluelight. I was wondering why i never experienced withdrawal from my oxy habit that has been for about two years ongoing. I was smoking the 30s on a mostly daily basis with a few breaks in between. I stopped 10 days ago and experienced almost no withdrawals except for sneezing lol??!!?!!! And i never experienced withdrawals am i just lucky?

Dude that's a hella buncha zanny bars. Good on you for day 3 though man. Keep it up. Careful with the xanax.

Yeah haha I know it is. I like to stay stocked up. I take 1mg daily for anxiety, even when not w/d.. For the past several days though, I've upped the dose to 2mg around every six hours. I'm finally getting through the last of the worst symptoms though.

Thanks for the support!

I am in wds now from a huuuuge opiate habit. Ive been using some type of opiate everyday for 8 years with the last 3 months being very heavy use. Heres what im using to get thru it....
1. 120 mg of loperamide everyday
2. 200 mg of tagamet to carry the lope
3. 20 mg of adderall daily which i havent taken addys for years!
4. Got some serequel stashed incase the add and wds keep me from sleep
5.bout to pickup some dxm now

So far this shit is working.
People say no to amphs but it hits that dopamine u need to feel ok in the head. I think as long as ur not chasing a high from it there isnt much of a crash or comedown. Anything else u guys think would work hit me up and let me sno

I'm bumping this thread since there are so many opioid withdrawal threads lately and this thread is extremely beneficial for those in WD.

Well facing my first CT after 4 years abuse and coming to this part of the forum for the first time... this is what I used.

DXM was my RLS aid, periodic 300mg doses for the worse restless days
Then some etizolam came in the mail near the end of the restless days. Taking it till things really calm down then tapering down (Im good at that). I just wish I bought one with a longer half life, like when I used to use diclazepam 30mg/day and got off that.
No lope for me because I was maintaining with it so long I had to see doc, and wanted no opioids to prolong the detox. I used it a long time, as I was rx'd for pain, but that cleared up eventually, lead to abuse and ultimately the prolonged use to hide from finally getting off.
Some pot 2 nights of it when I could afford it. Guess thats what I used. After this, not in that pain, not going back. Still gonna have other funs though.

Edit: Oh i was taking large doses of my baclofen for muscle pain I still have around thats working its way out. Like 80-100mg sometimes. Wasnt the best aid but it was something.

Tie socks onto your feet for RLS, this stops the kicks, but be careful that you don't tie so tight that u loose circulation; I ended up w a huge blister at the end on week one without opiates/methadone, I used melatonin too for sleep and clozapine to knock myself out. I as cut off from pharmacy so I didn't have much of a plan; :sus: But IF you can plan for your WD, do plan with some physician help- in terms of medications to have ready, I wouldn't do it without suboxine then taper from there- but this post is for those in the throws of heavy opiate withdrawl: RLS ( kicks) is the bodies response from no dopamine in the brain; Feels like the devil tickling your feet endlessly: & I haven't seen anyone recommend tying socks ( or similar) to thier feet for RLS, or the kicks -but it worked for me, I could handle all the other symptoms but the kicks were the worst, good luck to those of you in WD right now- it does get better and you will live. I now live on 8 mg of suboxine a day- not too bad. Hang in.

Last edited:
I've had this happen too- it took me about a week to START feeling WD- your body may have so much oxy in it that it takes a longer time for you to feel the WD, esp. If you are using pot, and Benzos / other drugs that can that slow your metabolism...good luck ;)

If you don't have any Benzos, nor access to pot -run out and get some melatonin for sleep at 3 mg, this simulates your brain to release calming sleep like hormones tha stables out the body, take no more then 2 at a time, & use a cold washcloth for the heat, and reverse for the cold, it's a quick ride downhill, u just just gotta ride it out.

I've had this happen too- it took me about a week to START feeling WD- your body may have so much oxy in it that it takes a longer time for you to feel the WD, esp. If you are using pot, and Benzos / other drugs that can that slow your metabolism...good luck ;)

From best to worst.

1. Lyrica (wont even know u are sick)
2. Gabapentin (helps with apetite and about 80% of withdrawal symptoms)
3. Benzos (i am preacribed klonopin) but if you can get a shit load of kpins or xannys it will help a lot with the anxiety and sleep.

I find lopermide and kratom to be minimally helpful as the negative side effects (constipation. Nausea) of the gigantic doses of each that it takes to help barely makes them worth taking.

Tramadol is an honorable mention but its an opoid albeit a weak one , it will only prolong your torture.

Lopermide for the poos
Gabapentin 600mg tablets.. I get 120/mo
Lyrica 150mg capsules, 60/mo
Dxm...if I feel like it though its not necessary
Any benzo if I can find them

Seroquel 25mg, 90/mo (but I dont take them except at night. I got a script in case I need to wd)

I always have at least 10 8mg sub strips. Id prefer not to use these as my purpose would be to get OFF opiates.

Always: hot showers, masturbation, oodles of water, any other fucking drugs I can get my clammy little hands on. Oh, and clementines... Cuz theyd be tasty and easy to eat.

I actually make people gift baskets when they're w/ding and make them all purdy with ribbons and such

lol

otc:
Nyquil
zzzquil
loperimide
slim fast/ensure
baby wipes
vit. b complex
a bunch of dvds

Weed a bunch of benzos bupe and clonidine. Maybe loperamide but not usually...good dank couch lock has that is high in cbds also helps to take the pain away.

Right now I have
X12 odansetron how 4 mg
A big bottle of dxm
A medium sized bottle of lope
On Friday I'll have 120 tramadol

Not much I know. Trying to kick a 7 month habit hopefully I will :)

Okay everyone, listen up...I read many threads about the withdrawals and let me explain everything you'll go through.
I done every type of pain pill, suboxone, the patches even was hooked on xanax, for years, I dont see much about long term usage effects, very different from someone using for 6mths-year, withdrawling for their first time, long term users can experience longer withdrawls and repeated symptoms. If you are planning to stop cold turkey, listen up, see a doctor first and explain and don't leave without xanax, any benzo's, you'll need them and get everything ready, you won't have the energy later.
First most important, any opiates your taking you need to bring it down to a level to able to withstand the withdrawals, anyone taking high doses shouldn't even be reading this, your still abusing. My wife was on fentynal patches, 100mgs, that's a lot and in two maths got her down to oxy 20mg, the final script we decided to take 10mg for a few days then a qtr pill, 5mg for a few days then it begins.
First you'll sleep a day, maybe even two but on the 3rd day withdrawals really begin due to any opiates still in your system, once out then be ready, just remember that it will end, in time.
You'll get brain flashes, nerve ending tweaking in your face, on your lips, hot flashes, hot flashes last a few days to a week, usually, for my wife and me. The the uncomfortable feeling something eating away at you inside, sick to your stomach. Then the mental game, RLS, insomnia.
Let's start with a plan and let me explain that a lot of drugs are being mentioned on here to cope but in the end it can just prolong your withdrawals and some meds can make things worse, like RLS, I tried baclphon muscle relaxer, made my RLS worse and also, benadryol for sleep didn't work and made my RLS 10x worse.
Plan that worked for me;
Started taking vitamins, right before stopping would be best, a multi V, vitamin B complex, vitamin B12 (vitamin B for energy, nerves) and potassium for nerves also, L-tyrosine for energy.
First started taking 2 multi vitamins daily, with Vitamins B,s and potassium. You'll need your vitamins so your body heals, it helps but don't think you'll feel any different, will help some with energy lvl's and the fact you can't eat.
You can try L-tyrosine later as you feel better, atleast a week before you'll be able to get around.
Take xanax for sleep, try not to take it durning the day the first week, withdrawal, get it out of you first because insomnia will kick in on day 4 and you WILL not be able to sleep...no matter what. I had done this without any xanax and was up for 8 straight days without no sleep until I finally fell asleep for a half hour, a day later got an hour sleep and more sleep as days went on. Your brain has to reprogram your natural sleep pattern, you been going to bed drowsy everyday so its something you'll have to deal with, even taking xanax will still prevent your natural sleeping pattern from coming back so do not take xanax daily for a long period of time, then you'll have to withdrawal from that and to me it was worse than opiates, lucky for me i got off benzos a year before all this.
See Thomas recipe for vitamins, minerals you'll need.
The first week is hard, take xanax as needed for sleep and will help with nerves and RLS, there are meds for RLS which can be fine if only using for a week, any meds will just prolong withdrawals so get it over with. Take hot showers, if you get sleep, stay up all day and keep your mind active, try eating soup, banana's, anything easy to get down, a little at a time. I believe my first week wasn't so bad, the hot flashes, sneezing (will go on for a month due to your nose being so dry) as fluid starts coming back to your nose it will eventually stop. The eerie feeling of wanting to rip off my skin, no energy..etc. As for me, week two was worse, the mental game begins, very restless, I drank sometimes and got shit faced to kill the pain, my wife swears weed helped her a lot, made things worse for me, I did try Lyrica and seemed to help but only took for a few days then my brain was tweaking again.
It always seemed any meds that did help gave some relief but prolonged withdrawals, just because I'm not sick as a dog doesn't mean I'm not withdrawaling, withdrawals can last a month even two months with repeated symptoms which may not last long but can come back, this is why I state, spread out them xanax, you'll need them.
Week one had maybe 1-2mg xanax, week two 1mg a day, week 3 half mg a day. I did save a few on the side for down the road, I'm on week 6 and still feel some restless, low energy but I get better each.
Now with no xanax, I'll have a few beers, rum and coke for the mental part, I'm now thinking much clearer, more active everyday, keeping busy, now eating better, no more vitamins, I'm finding food now comforts me as i now get bored quite easily.
I do not find myself wanting any oxy's, maybe a xanax here and there but I know I need to heal, your body needs to be COMPLETELY off everything, drug free for you to heal.
Do not take suboxone unless its only for a week to bring your self down, suboxone withdrawals are very bad, I know! Most meds listed on blue light for relief may, may not help but just remember, long term abusers (years) will will prolong symptoms.
People mention having sex helps, it does and will help you sleep better.
After 6 weeks, my head still rings some, some low energy, now having coffee in the morning helps, it took a month for my natural sleeping pattern to come back, now getting 6-8 hrs sleep everyday.
I now don't care to get high but only to get healthy, you can get permanent nerve damage from long term usage, your nerves will soon return to normal but may take a month.
Finally done and never have to worry about running out of pills or worrying about getting sick again. Many will agree, many won't but from experience I know what worked for me and know any meds won't make things better, only use for short time relief and get on with getting better, trust me, it will all be worth it.
Good luck everyone and stay clean.

I was clean for 6 months off heroin benzos and alcohol, moved away from the girl friend temporarily with my momma (never on drugs) to focus. (Neither girlfriend of mom loll)After about the 6 months of horrible wds( not 6months long) but the mental part tore me up. The month I felt better I was hiking playing sports ect it was great. Decided to take subs for that extra touch on things only about 1mil. Eventually addicted to subs got on a program where they were feeding me 24mil a day. Even in the days of heroin use every hour injecting 2 mil of bupe was enough. I quit because they said I could taper for a year .i watched "I am" a amazing movie and a few books on positive thinking. I'm on a right track it's been a week off bupe( 24 mil and a life of abuse and get sober tries) an I feel like hell but something about this movie and a few books made it so I was mentally ready to be tougher than wds which I very new, any other time in life if I was sick it was stealing and manipulation ,But if your suffer all day and have a few drinks at night and have a plan more important that your abuse it work..for me at least. I go back and forth from thinking I'm stupid for quiting, then I call a friend who has a messed up sense of humor like myself and that confidence I didnt have since bd(before drugs)is there and I feel like More depends on me than I thought, I'm going for a walk, il sweat and hurt but I'm going to sweat while cold and hurt anyways so fuck it .
It seems impossible but something amazingly posotive( for me volunteer to help mistreated children/ handi Capible) a good friend and maybe a light substance to help only when you needed is the key. There's to much I can do to help people and if you find what your passionate about your hooked on that, switch out the opiates get addicted to positive. Se of this advise comes from the only person I know off subs and clean for years, immosium only 50 percent more daily for a week lots of smoking pot, goals, trusted people, and realizing your not weak and you can actually can take a lot. I didn't sleep tonight an feel rough but all this makes me know I can tell these wds to feck off. I hope this helps a bit

Right now what I have saved up is:

1.5 mg of Suboxone strip (not really worth much)
10mg of klonopin (I have no benzo tolerance and I can get my hands on more + some .5 xanax footballs)
>50 Gabapentin 300mgs
60 cimetidine 200mg
400 2mg Loperamide
Good good weed

Not my first option but it all fell in my lap pretty easily

One suboxone stip
Lopermide.
Gatorade
Tyelnol
Benzos and I mean alot
Booze
Promethazine
Muscle Relaxers
Weed
Ketamine
Cocaine (sometimes)
Amphetamines (why not)
Bitches (I get horny)
Delsym (like 4 big bottles) I trip it off

Honestly I hope I never kick off opiates again as I think I would lose it.

Been clean now for 7-8 weeks, I took xanax a week ago (for about a week) and after two days not taking any xanax withdraws symptoms came back, insomnia, some RLS, ringing in my ears, only lasted for a few days and now I'm feeling better but realized the xanax fucked my head up, even though I was on opiates didn't matter, my head was getting back to normal and the xanax set me back.
As I stated before, most meds can/will prolong withdraws and symptoms may return, use only for very short term relief only, to give yourself a break from the pain. I learned the hard way, I'm now back to getting my req sleep, eating better, thinking clearly. I threw any leftover xanax away.
Hope this helps anyone going through what I did.
Good luck everyone, get off that shit!