• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Your Personal Opiate Withdrawal Arsenal

Just a shit load of loperimide + trepiline atm + APAP. needa stockpile more stuff. needa get some more kratom. digged that shit.

I would also like to hear from anyone who has used any of these to combat withdrawls.

Dopamine precursors

Generic Name..............Brand Name
levodopa/carbidopa...... Parcopa, Sinemet

Dopamine agonists

Generic Name.....Brand Name
pramipexole........Mirapex
ropinirole............Requip

Dopamine Precursors and Agonists for Restless Legs Syndrome

figured out this is likely a really bad idea as

"Impulsive and compulsive behaviors, including pathologic gambling, hypersexuality, compulsive shopping, compulsive eating, excessive engagement in hobbies, punding, and Dopamine Dysregulation Syndrome (DDS), are increasingly reported serious side-effects of dopaminergic medication, used in the treatment of Parkinson's Disease (PD) and other disorders. Dopamine Agonists (DA) are strongly related with Impulse Control Disorders (ICDs)"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22663960

bake a hash cake with around 1 gram off nice hash (some people might have different views on what good hash is, sunk smokers where i live think all hash is soap bar), 4 mg off Flubromazepam << corrrseted me if im worong on this one but Flubromazepam is a sedative and anti anxiety

^The last thing I want is to be super stoned while in withdrawal, maybe a few hits of some good indica, thats about it. And even then I need to be thoroughly benzo'd to not have the weed just make me more uncomfortable. I suppose flubromazepam would be a good benzo to use because its long lasting and thats typically better for oiaite w/d, never tried it though so can't say if I think it'd be better than clonazepam or diazepam.

^The last thing I want is to be super stoned while in withdrawal, maybe a few hits of some good indica, thats about it. And even then I need to be thoroughly benzo'd to not have the weed just make me more uncomfortable. I suppose flubromazepam would be a good benzo to use because its long lasting and thats typically better for oiaite w/d, never tried it though so can't say if I think it'd be better than clonazepam or diazepam.

I agree. If you get too stoned while detoxing it may make you over-analyze your life and what brought you to this point, which can lead to depression and/or further anxiety.

A little bit of weed, I mean a very little bit, sometimes helps my withdrawal... but there is a very thin line between mellowing me out and making the sickness even worse by feeling all anxious and gross from smoking.

Really, if you've got kratom, you don't need anything else. You can get eight ounces for less than 80 bucks with overnight shipping. It beats the hell out of everything else, except perhaps lots of benzos.

^^

Not really. Kratom only works if your habit is low enough to be in the range where it would be effective.. but if you have even a moderate sized opiate habit, Kratom will unfortunately be useless.

Kratom when I only abused Hydrocodone and Oxycodone. After shooting 150mg of Roxicodones everyday, it reduced the wd's 90%. Hydrocodone wds without any meds were physical for me, shakes, restlessness and not even a nod of sleep from 9pm on a monday till Saturday around 6pm. That was my 1st time with pain pills and the DR that put my leg back together didn't tell me about WD's and wouldn't give me a few for a taper. I quit Oxycodones before discovering Kratom and it was mental hell. I loaded my AR-15 several times that week.
Nothing helped me stop shooting 16mg of Dilaudid 7-8 times a day or the Opanas. I refused to substitute another opioid and just suffered through it. I ate 15 "00" size capsules of Kratom and it just made the violent shits worse. Never again.

I've been using every day for several months after I quit for a long time. Life got shittier and shittier and I finally gave in and decided I wanted to be numb. I want to quit again, its interfering with my job and I spend all my money on the shit. I can't afford my bills because of it and I'm covered in bruises and tracks. My hands and feet are swollen and my arms have lumps and scar tissue build up. I need some advice on what to do because I always give in when the chills and nausea start. I can't stand the way I feel when I'm ill.. literally the most UNCOMFORTABLE I've ever felt in my life. I also bang it so I'm not only physically addicted, but I'm addicted to using the tool and shooting up itself. Half mental, half physical. I've been having so much trouble hitting as it is so it makes me feel like its time to give it up. My body is covered in bruises and swelling. Any advice?.

I've been using every day for several months after I quit for a long time. Life got shittier and shittier and I finally gave in and decided I wanted to be numb. I want to quit again, its interfering with my job and I spend all my money on the shit. I can't afford my bills because of it and I'm covered in bruises and tracks. My hands and feet are swollen and my arms have lumps and scar tissue build up. I need some advice on what to do because I always give in when the chills and nausea start. I can't stand the way I feel when I'm ill.. literally the most UNCOMFORTABLE I've ever felt in my life. I also bang it so I'm not only physically addicted, but I'm addicted to using the tool and shooting up itself. Half mental, half physical. I've been having so much trouble hitting as it is so it makes me feel like its time to give it up. My body is covered in bruises and swelling. Any advice?.

this is a list I've been paying with over the years, going to use it for my detox from bupe maintainence-

publishing for material profit prohibited. Spread it around fo free! ; )

Sedation,Anxiolytic, Mood:

Cordyalis~ L-Tetrahydropalmatine- D1 antagonist, anti-arrythmic {for SVPB}) anti-addiction properties.

Valium 10mg TID and Gabapentin to switch as needed (ineffective for WD when used daily)
Temazepam QID nightly.

Kava~/Valerian/Lemon Balm/= as needed after 2-3 weeks on benzodiazepines)
Lemon Balm~/Phenibut~ same
Memantine (NMDA Ant.) ??? In this 8-week inpatient study, participants were maintained on the low-affinity, noncompetitive NMDA receptor antagonist memantine (0, 30, and 60 mg per day, PO) and under each maintenance dose co To my PCP: This is a list I’ve complied after extensive (too much) experience with Opiate/Opioid withdrawls. This laundry list, under a responsible caretaker, I believe could get me through the months of hell- and then transferred to a sober living facility or into the care of my highly upportive and sober family. I’ve never had a psychological problem quitting drugs; cigarettes,, prescribed stimulants for ADHD, alcohol (not attracted to the blunting effects of gaba drugs). opioids are another creature. I need Heavy physical support to deal with the pain (that I was diagnosed with before addiction at 19), or else my body simply won’t accept the condition it’s in. Cold turkey or even a decent detox prgram will still damage an addicts brain, due to (new research)

In the study published in Brain, Behavior and Immunity, Mocchetti and his research team treated the animals with morphine, or allowed them to undergo withdrawal by stopping the treatment.
They then measured pro-inflammatory cytokines, which can promote damage and cell death, and the protein CCL5, which has various protective effects in the brain.
“Interestingly, we found that treating the addicted animals with morphine both increased the protective CCL5 protein while decreasing pro-inflammatory cytokines, suggesting a beneficial effect,” Mocchetti said.

http://psychcentral.com/news/2013/1...hdrawal-can-trigger-mental-decline/61800.html

I want to taper as low as possible with a short acting opioid (buprenorphine withdrawl is hellishly long, I’ve tried enough) and then use protective supplements like the aforementioned substances to

ndition, the effects of intranasal heroin (0, 12.5, and 50 mg, IN) were examined.

Memantine produced modest reductions in subjective ratings of drug quality, liking, willingness to pay for the drug, and craving for heroin. However, memantine produced few changes in the reinforcing effects of heroin.
Conclusions
These data demonstrate that memantine was well tolerated and modestly effective in reducing the subjective but not the reinforcing effects of heroin. Although it is unlikely that memantine will be useful as a stand-alone maintenance medication for opioid dependence, it may have some utility as an adjunct treatment medication.

Clonidine~ Baseline hypotension, intolerant- Topiramte is a superior replacement I speculate.

Topiramate (AMPA inhibition, Glutamate Ant?) “play an important role in the withdrawal-induced activation of the locus coeruleus (LC) by glutamate”

(SSRI’s/MAOIs’) Which will be best...likely best for Post Acute Withdrawl.

Selegiline (Rasagiline prefered for the lack of Levo-amphetamine metabolism)
Wellbutrin
St Johns Wort
Rhodiola

Picralima Nitida
Holy Basil
Frankincense Powder (MR)~
Myrhh powder (tree Resin)~
Hesperidin (Flavanoid in grapefruit)

Clonidine~ Baseline hypotension, topiramte is a superior replacement.

Calm~-ZMA (Potent combo of chelated zinc, magnesium aspartates, increases deep sleep, HGH and Test release)
Beets and avocados for neurotransmitter production.
L-Tyrosine D,L Phenylalanine
Hemp Seed Oil~

Energy:
Mucuna Pruriens (RLS/Mood)
D-Ribose (RLS)
Multi B-Vitamin

I know a lot of this has been said but my w/d arsenal is Suboxone,plenty of benzos,soma,liquor (make yourself choke it down),immodium,ibuprofen and if you have a small mom and pop type drugstore you can sometimes get a codein cough syrup called Dihystine.You normally just need a valid state drivers license and just have to sign for it.You can normally only get it once every 8-10days.Just be sure and get the Dihystine out of your system before starting the suboxone.Also,if you can get ahold of any barbituates,they help too.But nothing beats suboxone.On a personal note,I've kicked more than once in jail,the worst possible place to detox.

I always always need to watch Basketball Diaries while in w/d. Usually I can look on the cold Turkey w/d scene and think..."hey at least I don't feel THAT bad"...watching movies with sexy men (or women) helps to keep my mind on something... well at least for a few mins.

Other than that:
Soma
Clonodine
Benzos
And if my stomach can handle it I'll try to have a couple drinks before bed...usually not possible till day 4

Back when I used to use I used to always use suboxone, usually would do a 7-10 day taper worked pretty well. The 1st day was always shitty because you have to be sick in order to take your 1st dose of suboxone. Then I discovered I could take gabapentin the 1st day and it would keep 75% of the WD away. I would wait 24 hrs after my last dose of my DOC then use subs to take away the last 25% of WD. I would take 1mg ever hour until I felt normal, usually it only took 2-4 mg and that's what I would start my taper at. Also clondine worked well for me as well. Using what I listed above my detox was always comfortable and I could function. I used this method many times before I finally stopped for good in 2010. For me the cure for PAWS was a lot of exercise and a whole new group of friends, I guess I kinda cheated PAWS since I joined the army after getting clean the last time and I was in basic training and AIT for 7 months.

I use to do the usual suboxone and benzos thing but I HATED HATED HATED waiting to be sick to have to take it and start everything, so as of late i have discovered a new arsenal that is awesome!

• Kratom - works wonders, I did Maeng Da about 4grams every 4 hours
  • Loperamide (10-20mg) with tagamet or GFJ
  • Benzos (Usually diazepam or alprazolam)
  • Gabapentin - COMPLETELY TAKES AWAY ALL W/D but coordination is off, and you can't take them too many days in a row, I take 900mg to start..feel good then pop 300mg more when I want to sleep (and man will you sleep)
  • Ambien - for sleep if needed
  • Multi-vitamin
  • Gummy snacks
  • LOTS OF WATER

boom.

^^

Yeah that's certainly an alternative to traditional bupe or methadone. I would recommend a detox like that for smaller-medium sized habits. It would work very well, and without the added negative of having to deal with coming off the bupe or methadone afterwards.

went through mild WD recently after stupidly trying to move furniture not too long after back surgery and blowing through my legally prescribed opiates like they were candy in the ensuing rictus of pain that followed. I was prescribed more (and a higher dose) from my loving and forgiving pain doc, but no pharmacy would fill it due to the FUCKING DEA cracking down on the pharmacies in this country. I had to wait over a week to fill my prescription between the time I took my last oxy and the time I got my refill so here is what I did:

1) 6 loperamide in the morning and 6 loperamide at night
2) tylenol for the headache
3) zofran for the REALLY BAD nausea and/or vomiting and Reglan for lesser nausea
4) Kratom for some mild pain relief and lessening of WD symptoms
5) poppy seed tea for stronger pain relief and lessening of WD symptoms (I had no poppy pods left at that point, poor planning on my part. Now I plan to ALWAYS have a reserve of poppy pods as a "just in case" weapon in my arensal. However I did and do save all the seeds from inside all the pods and you can make tea with them, although whether they are weaker or stronger than store-bought organic, unwashed seeds is a matter of debate.)
6) poppy stems that I had collected and saved, ground to powder and put into size 0 capsules, used as a moderate painkiller and WD symptom relief
7) hot baths/showers, soak, relax
8) lots and lots of coffee - caffeine always helps me with EVERYTHING
9) eating small, healthy meals no matter how crappy you are feeling
10) vitamins
11) drinking lots of water
12) distraction - play with children, read a good book, watch TV, go for a walk on a nice day, do ANYTHING except fixate on DOC.

Additional drugs that I used sparingly were: etizolam to help me relax, soma to relax and get some sleep, Benadryl when I couldn't sleep, gabapentin to help me feel a little better, and lots and lots of e-cigs in fun flavors such as blueberry, watermelon and strawberry, the high nicotine kind. Nicotine is a wonderful drug I must say :)

When I do eventually have to come off the opiates for good (I hope that day comes soon...I don't want to still be in this much pain this summer or it'll be a lousy summer for my family) then I'll use this method, maybe with some tweaks, to endure the withdrawal and I'll taper down slowly and when it's time to jump off I'll start going back to AA. AA will help with PAWS and keep me from running right back to the drugs, I hope. But I did it once (with benzos) and I can do it again.) And I know I have a Higher Power. She and I are just not currently speaking. Someday soon we need to kiss and make up though. :)

New & need some serious withdrawl advice anyone please, thank you!

OK I have been on:

Klotopin or Xanax 4mgs a day for 21 years
150mg of Fentanyl every 48 hours for 7 years
3 Soma a day for 5 years
30 Norco a Month
Trazadone 150mg a Night &
Prozac

Well I am pretty sure Im going to go nuts or croak today..my doctor lost her license and I was just cut off of everything...no appts here until the 25th and the 2 detox places are full..at this point I don't care what I need to do just please let me know what you would do since you have all been through this. I am having some bad symptoms already from this morning.

Thank You All!!!