• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Your Personal Opiate Withdrawal Arsenal

Yeah the Zofran (Ondansetron) helps with more than just the nausea. check this link to clinical trial done: http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT01549652
Plus a lot of forum posts around the web with people advocating for its usefulness in opiate withdrawal.

One thing I regrettably haven't been able to acquire is clonidine, but I also foolishly never brought it up when I've visited doctors during withdrawal. I've always just gotten Ativan, imo they are better than xanax for withdrawal. I do take a beta blocker regularly so that might cause the docs to be hesistant to prescribe another BP lowering med like clonidine, but my BP is still high when in w/d, heart rate goes up but stays within normal range, because the B blocker keeps it down in the 60s regularly, in w/d its up in the 90-100 area.

I've also read about the long QT syndrome associated Zofran. Kinda freaked me out because its an interaction with any beta blockers, but its a longshot to be an issue and dose of one or the other would need to be much higher than what I was taking.

^I forgot about clonidine. It's great, it feels like a benzo but doesn't cause withdrawal. Sadly assholes discontinued it here so it's no longer available.

^I forgot about clonidine. It's great, it feels like a benzo but doesn't cause withdrawal. Sadly assholes discontinued it here so it's no longer available.

While it doesn't really cause withdrawals, it does have some rebound effects if you abruptly stop it so it's best to do a bit of a taper if you are on it for more than 5 days. I took 0.2 - 0.3mg for about 5 days and then felt some rebound effects when I just stopped it (racing heart, anxiety, restlessness) but taking 0.1mg every other night for a few nights took care of that.

Right now i have 90 50mg tramadols, 20 norco 5-325 and 30 ativans. And I bought two subutex strips today quite good might i add. all the smack dealers here are getting nabbed.

The medications I would explore the use of for detox would be:
>Clonidine< DOSED EVER FOUR HOURS..

one of either
>NEURONTIN< >HERE< >HERE<
OR >Lyrica<
OR >phenibut<

methylphenidate
or
amphetamine salts
"Dopaminergic agents (drugs that increase dopamine), largely used to treat Parkinson's disease, have been shown to reduce symptoms" of restless legs.. and they work on other syptoms as well.. people will say im crazy, but shit i wasnt sleeping anyway. >source<

>A BENZO BUT JUST AT NIGHT<
>a nsaid<
>melatonin<
tylenol

Docusate sodium

testosterone

Phenylalanine
tyrosine

Multivitamin
Vitamine D

Masterbation or sex
Hot Showers
Non dairy nutritional shakes
lots of activities as sitting around thinking of how much this sucks just plain sucks.

Last edited:
While it doesn't really cause withdrawals, it does have some rebound effects if you abruptly stop it so it's best to do a bit of a taper if you are on it for more than 5 days. I took 0.2 - 0.3mg for about 5 days and then felt some rebound effects when I just stopped it (racing heart, anxiety, restlessness) but taking 0.1mg every other night for a few nights took care of that.

Yeah I never had any problems stopping clonidine, but I only ever took it for a week or two.

I'm on day 14 of no opiates, this time around my arsenal consisted,per day:
24 mg loperamide
300 mg Lyrica
50-75 mg hydroxyzine
Cannabanoids as needed, but not very often.
On the first 4 days when the pain and fatigue was absolutetly nuts, and I was by myself so couldn't stay in bed, luckily I had just received some MXE and proceeded to go absolutely mental on it doingabout 2.5 grams in 4 days. About 2/3 of it was IV'd. I have built a massive tolerance to this one so for someone not tolerant I would recommend about 1/8 that amount.

I've had cervical disc surgery (ACDF) -- believe it or not, injuries caused by decades of guitar showboating. Regardless, the surgeries caused nerve damage, now I'm on an Oxy/Norco regimen. Running out can be quite brutal. Anyone know a way to keep my legs from twitching all nite?

I am also over two weeks off opiates, still feeling major withdrawal symptoms but my habit spans many years of consistent use. Practically as long as I can remember. Feeling so sickkkk, but I'm gunna make it. This is the longest I've ever been off opiates in my life. Pathetic? Maybe. Opiates and my abuse of them and my requirement of them seeing as how I'm a chronic pain patient (CPP and drug addict..... Horrible hand to be dealt in life) took away everything that ever mattered to me. I had it all, my beautiful soul mate, our home, cars, unconditional love. Then I got in a major car accident, DUI, my pain got worse, got stronger opiates, and the loss of that freedom made me lose my mind and I lost everything, my wife-to-be, my home, my sanity, my self respect, I lost everything that ever mattered to me, because I chose a fucking little round pill that induced synthetic euphoria for an hour or two, over the life I had that brought me true happiness, a feeling that I don't even remember what it feels like.

My WD was/is so severe I used an amount of benzodiazepines so obscene I'm not going into specfics, Pregabalin, like a quarter pound of chronic, a lot of keif and hash and wax, Zofran/Ondansetron, fucktons of methamphetamine, crystal, quetiapine, thorazine, haloperidol, diazepam, lorazepam, clonazepam, alprazolam (a shitload), triazolam, temazepam, alcohol, cocaine, female interaction ;), naproxen for the aches, basically my WD was so severe I did anything to try and not feel the misery and agony of cold turkey withdrawal from half my life of being dependent on opioid narcotics.

As much as it killed me inside to lose everything (and every suicide attempt didn't work, defying the laws of physics, medicine, and science. I just could not go to sleep and not wake up the next morning to repeat the process.) that I had, I am really hoping that some time off of opiates will help me to find love again because I'm not a one-night-stand kind of man, and have certain standards for what I need in a mate.

Anyways, I'm not recommending that anyone does what I did in WD, I was reckless, in agony, suicidal, and didn't give a fuck about anything, so DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DETOX AS I DID. It's a miracle I made it out this far, this is the longest I've gone without opiates in my whole life... wish me luck!

NSA, interesting you mention testosterone. I have wondered if there might be any positive use for anabolic steroids in the treatment of opiate withdrawal. Or even more so I have thought about them being potentially useful in the treatment of the PAWS after the acute phase.

I read on here so many people seem to have access to nuerontin or lyrica for their w/d, and of course many say it works wonders. Is it relatively easy to get a dr to prescribe that stuff? Same with clonidine, never had the pleasure of having it for w/d and wondered how hard it would be to get a dr to sign off for some. I can't think of any other way to obtain it...and of course that is the only way I obtain anything I get :\

I plan on dropping my dose, right now i'm only taking 3-4mg's of suboxone daily and i want to drop even lower, 2mg's a day.. so here's what i got for this 5 day experience.

25 of the G3722 (Greenstone Brand) Xanax bars.

20 of the 10mg Flexeril Tablets.

almost 9 grams of REALLY potent bud.

2 of the 8mg suboxone strips, i'm going to cut each one into 10 small slices and take about 2-3 slices per day ( depending on how i feel more if needed, or less)

I quit cig's now i only vape, so i got some good E-liquid from mount baker vaper, blueberry and thug juice, both containing 6mg of nicotine each.

Advil 200mg tablets, unlimited supply.

good food, lots of water.

Good movies/video games.

So, i plan on taking about 6mg's of Xanax, 30 min's later followed by a couple slices of suboxone shortly after, then after about 45 min's of letting the suboxone dissolve, i plan to smoke a couple bowls of weed and right after that pop 1 flexeril every 15 mins until i reach 3, not exceeding 3 flexerils in one day, vape as needed, advil as needed.

i'm looking forward to this, i know it's going to be slightly annoying but i have EXTREME experience with this, almost 10 fucking years so i know what to expect.

In an ideal world ( we know it's not ) I would have.

A. Lyrica - helps with the whole ordeal....sleep, rls, stomach, general dysphoria.

B. Benzodiazepine - helps with anxiety

C loperamide - the shits and other symptoms in high dose

D methamphetamine - go figure, my whole system must be wired funny given the stories I see, but a tweaking dose of speed helps with chills, depression, and stomach issues. I accually just might interact somewhat normally with other people on tweak.

E. Baclofen - helps with stomach issues, cramps pretty much stop in right dose. Suposed to be some dopamine action too.

Right now dealing with moderate w/d..... dealing with meth and baclofen only, meh could be worse.

Last edited:
tonic water
mildly helps with restless leg syndrome

there's many others but they have already been listed
tonic water was the only one i did not see

when i was in rehab detoxing off of a year long methadone habit
they gave me tonic water..which at first i thought was complete bullshit..there's no way this will help at all
to my surprise it did help a little

you know those little dixie cups usually used in bathrooms?
they would give me two cups about those size full of tonic water 2-3 times daily

its not a miracle worker but it does help some

NSA, interesting you mention testosterone. I have wondered if there might be any positive use for anabolic steroids in the treatment of opiate withdrawal. Or even more so I have thought about them being potentially useful in the treatment of the PAWS after the acute phase.

I read on here so many people seem to have access to nuerontin or lyrica for their w/d, and of course many say it works wonders. Is it relatively easy to get a dr to prescribe that stuff? Same with clonidine, never had the pleasure of having it for w/d and wondered how hard it would be to get a dr to sign off for some. I can't think of any other way to obtain it...and of course that is the only way I obtain anything I get :\

IMO testosterone works wonders for the Paws and really may entirely prevent so many of the symptoms all together. As far as getting prescribed the GABA this should not be to much of a problem with the doctors. If you are honest with them and say that you are getting off the opiates and that this will help immensely with the neuropathic pain and restless leg syndrome symptoms of opiate withdrawls. Many doctors are not yet aware of the high benefits from using this for opiate detox but if you explain to them that you have researched this and have seen many testimonials from people who have used them with amazing success then I dont see why they would have trouble giving you enough to last through the detox.

Edit: also you can order the phenibut over the internet.

Last edited:
Good luck tricomb . Carisoprodol, loperamide, no clown =Dbut I do have metropolol, 25 grams of hash my son sent me from Europe, a few benzos, but the least thing I need is a habit of those, and plenty of single malt scotch. Suboxone is a much smoother ride though. Just don't stay on it for two years. Good gravy, I'm a dumbass.

I plan on dropping my dose, right now i'm only taking 3-4mg's of suboxone daily and i want to drop even lower, 2mg's a day.. so here's what i got for this 5 day experience.

25 of the G3722 (Greenstone Brand) Xanax bars.

20 of the 10mg Flexeril Tablets.

almost 9 grams of REALLY potent bud.

2 of the 8mg suboxone strips, i'm going to cut each one into 10 small slices and take about 2-3 slices per day ( depending on how i feel more if needed, or less)

I quit cig's now i only vape, so i got some good E-liquid from mount baker vaper, blueberry and thug juice, both containing 6mg of nicotine each.

Advil 200mg tablets, unlimited supply.

good food, lots of water.

Good movies/video games.

So, i plan on taking about 6mg's of Xanax, 30 min's later followed by a couple slices of suboxone shortly after, then after about 45 min's of letting the suboxone dissolve, i plan to smoke a couple bowls of weed and right after that pop 1 flexeril every 15 mins until i reach 3, not exceeding 3 flexerils in one day, vape as needed, advil as needed.

i'm looking forward to this, i know it's going to be slightly annoying but i have EXTREME experience with this, almost 10 fucking years so i know what to expect.

Wait, I'm confused. Are you staying on the suboxone and just reducing from 3-4mg a day to 2mg a day, or are you completely getting off of it by doing a quick taper to 2mg before stopping?

If you are just reducing your dose down to 2mg then I think that your plan is a bit overkill. Yea a few xanax can help with the minor discomfort and sleep disturbances that you will get from reducing the dose, but you don't need 25 xanax bars and whatever else you plan on taking. Save it for when you completely get off the suboxone, because taking it now for a dosage drop you may make it work less for you when you really need it later on, so don't waste the increase in xanax tolerance on this.

As for the flexeril, I've never heard of it being helpful for opiate withdrawals. I've used it before but I really didn't feel anything from it and all I got from it were some side effects such as dry mouth and drowsiness (but not the good kind of drowsiness) and any good feelings were gone after the second day of taking it.

Has anybody used flexeril for opiate withdrawals and have feedback on it?

The things I use for W/D are:

GABAPENTIN: 60 300mg gelcaps
Etizolam: 40-50 1mg tabs
Clonidine: 10-12 0.1mg tabs

and some 84% Kava paste for around day 6 and onward. I do wish I had some Soma but if i end up going W/D's again (as I am atm) I'll make sure to get a boatlaod of them.

Along with the meds I have a white Grapefruit tree, so I take down lots and lots of em and squeeze em into juice to double my benzos. Also use Cats Claw with the benzos and I take a Naproxen with the Gabapentin.

Oh and I forgot the most important thing for me during W/D's: Lord of the Rings. I have to watch the whole trilogy extended blu ray every time heh.