• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Your Favourite Quotes and Sayings - MKII

You will never see the Angels if you walk around staring at the ground. (Unless your mushroom hunting ?. )

Don't worry be happy

Be excellent to each other

For those really tired from I guess the following applies..

“You feel fine, and then, when your body can't keep fighting, you don't.”

“It's not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.”

One for today:

“The best way out is always through.”
Robert Frost

^Yep! For sure.

“Patience is the antidote to the restless poison of the Ego. Without it we all become ego-maniacal bulls in china shops, destroying our future happiness as we blindly rush in where angels fear to tread. In these out-of-control moments, we bulldoze through the best possible outcomes for our lives, only to return to the scene of the crime later to cry over spilt milk.”

^
“Pull up a chair. Take a taste. Come join us. Life is so endlessly delicious.”

“We must have a pie. Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie.”

Last edited:
“When you do what you fear most, then you can do anything.”
― Stephen Richards

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? (...) Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. (...)It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

Lovely quote, Erik. :)

Perhaps my favourite literary quote comes from the tale of Wuthering Heights, the monologue of Heathcliff:

"I pray one prayer – I repeat it till my tongue stiffens – Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living; you said I killed you – haunt me, then! The murdered do haunt their murderers, I believe. I know that ghosts have wandered on earth. Be with me always – take any form – drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!" (16.25)

<3

^interesting. Thanks SOS!!

“Prayer is not asking. It is a longing of the soul. It is daily admission of one's weakness. It is better in prayer to have a heart without words than words without a heart.”

This one was also interesting:

"
The function of prayer is not to influence God, but rather to change the nature of the one who prays.”
Søren Kierkegaard

“So. Monday. We meet again.

We will never be friends—but maybe we can move past our mutual enmity toward a more-positive partnership.”
______________________________________________________________________________________

“Candy is natures way of making up for Mondays." ~Unknown Author”

"I think I just conditioned my brain to deal with things in a certain way - so when I get stressed out it starts throwing out helpful suggestions in my dreams like 'hey, do smack..'".
~ Chippendale.

For some reason I found this hilarious, probably because I can relate rather well. :)
<3

"Reality is just a crutch for people who can't handle drugs.”

"I was more addicted to self destruction then to the drugs themselves ... something very romantic about it”

"People use drugs, legal and illegal, because their lives are intolerably painful or dull. They hate their work and find no rest in their leisure. They are estranged from their families and their neighbors. It should tell us something that in healthy societies drug use is celebrative, convivial, and occasional, whereas among us it is lonely, shameful, and addictive. We need drugs, apparently, because we have lost each other.”

"I was more addicted to self destruction then to the drugs themselves ... something very romantic about it”

"People use drugs, legal and illegal, because their lives are intolerably painful or dull. They hate their work and find no rest in their leisure. They are estranged from their families and their neighbors. It should tell us something that in healthy societies drug use is celebrative, convivial, and occasional, whereas among us it is lonely, shameful, and addictive. We need drugs, apparently, because we have lost each other.”

so true :)
----
this is part of a poem i found, but i really loved this bit

"No one can see me, no one knows me;
All men are deaf, no ears disclose me;
Men stand and trade their mutual chains
And barter truth for filthy gains,"

- taras shevchenko

"But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness.
If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!
"
(Matthew 6:23)