• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Wow... LSA blew LSD out of the water had the best trip of my life last night.

Were these the morning glories that can be found at Home Depot or Walmart, or chemically untreated?

Heavenly Blue Morning Glory Seeds, blue paper pouch by Burpee

They are neither coated, nor treated in any way but I gave them a quick wash and rinse before eating just to be safe.

Bought them at home depo, heres something worth mentioning... I came across some info stating that the seeds in my particular state are indefinately untreated... I dont know if this implies that different regions or states even get different seads or what, but thats what I read.

LSA, why must you be so confusing and idiosyncratic? Perhaps "LSA" is not sufficient to describe the variety of ergoline alkaloids available from plant sources!

Which type of seed? Morning glory, HBWR, or Rivea corymbosa?

EDIT: Oh, it was morning glories. I'll edit this into the OP post in case anyone's curious.

You make a great point about the entire MG seed and its various alkaloids vs. LSA

I know LSA should really be called LSA's but there is even more to the MG seeds than just that from what I have been reading.

I wouldnt be suprised if extracted LSA (LSA's) resulted in a much more dissappointing trip but it sure would be nice to have a COMPLETE extraction of everything psychoactive from the MG seeds.

I just attempted to try them again.... This second go around even with the yogurt they were the most vile, gag inducing, putrid, horrid tasting thing Ive ever eaten. Honestly it just redefined the word disgusting to me beyond anything I thought possible.

I threw up 23g worth a sec after I got the last of it down :(

Not because of a purge type nausia, the taste simply made me spew

I waited a good 5hrs incase they absorbed but obviously did not have enough time (pretty much knew this but wanted to make sure before trying to eat more)

Just now finished 15g all I had left after wasting the rest, but I ate them with nutella and keept them down.

It sends quivers of disgust and the urge to spew just thinking about them going down.

Sadly I think Ill be done with whole seeds for a very long time after this regardless of how this second trip goes, just so digusting beyond words...

Ill do a ton of research and hopefully find a complete extraction process or grind them up and put into gel caps I dont think it will ever be possible to eat and chew them ever again...

^I found that after many trips with morning glory, there was a cumulative effect of nausea whilst chewing each time. Now, even thinking about chewing MG seeds is sometimes enough to make me retch. This is something my mind has learned by association. However, it's still the only method (other than puting the ground seeds in to gel caps, which I've never tried) I would use to consume them, since LSA extractions almost never work, going by other people's reports. I would be interested to hear if there have been any successful LSA extractions that resulted in a full-blown trip.

Also, I've never had to chew MG seeds excessively, only enough to grind them in to a reasonable mush to swallow and be assured that all the alkaloids will get absorbed in the stomache. It's roughly the same amount of time that I would chew any seed that I was eating for food (I do chew my food longer than most people woof it down). I feel that, by the strength and quality of my trips, I've never needed to make any special exceptions in this regard.

Ye olde mortar and pestle works well, or just a dedicated use of hammer.

^Now that you mention it, I did do that very thing once. I used a mortar and pestle to grind up 360 seeds in order to mix them with water and drink the slurry. I would put the seed chaff in capsules next time doing that, since it all settled to the bottom of the cup, and I had to spoon out the sludge with a teaspoon and eat the water-logged smush.

^Key words there are "sludge", "smush", and "slurry". I fucken like them and plan to use one in conversation today. Thankyou :)

Ive tripped on acid shrooms and mescaline tons of times, and LSA is one of the best trips ive ever had hands down. I took like 8 HBW peeled and chewed and it was insane. No sickness and some good OEV and some of the most intense CEVs ive ever had on anything. When i closed my eyes it felt like i could see 360 degrees into this orb that was pitch black, and then super intricate neon colored patterns would form.

Ive never gotten to that same place with MGs but ive had some good trips on them but i did find that weed was crucial to stopping nausea.

Some of my friends have tripped really hard on mgs but also hated the side effects so much they didnt do it again, which ive never gotten.

You make a great point about the entire MG seed and its various alkaloids vs. LSA

I know LSA should really be called LSA's but there is even more to the MG seeds than just that from what I have been reading.

I wouldnt be suprised if extracted LSA (LSA's) resulted in a much more dissappointing trip but it sure would be nice to have a COMPLETE extraction of everything psychoactive from the MG seeds.

I just attempted to try them again.... This second go around even with the yogurt they were the most vile, gag inducing, putrid, horrid tasting thing Ive ever eaten. Honestly it just redefined the word disgusting to me beyond anything I thought possible.

I threw up 23g worth a sec after I got the last of it down :(

Not because of a purge type nausia, the taste simply made me spew

I waited a good 5hrs incase they absorbed but obviously did not have enough time (pretty much knew this but wanted to make sure before trying to eat more)

Just now finished 15g all I had left after wasting the rest, but I ate them with nutella and keept them down.

It sends quivers of disgust and the urge to spew just thinking about them going down.

Sadly I think Ill be done with whole seeds for a very long time after this regardless of how this second trip goes, just so digusting beyond words...

Ill do a ton of research and hopefully find a complete extraction process or grind them up and put into gel caps I dont think it will ever be possible to eat and chew them ever again...

My body does a similar thing where the taste of some plant/drug gets progressively worse to the point of not being able to stomach it anymore. I imagine the same thing is going on as getting sick from drinking too much of a particular alcohol, and later in life not being able to smell it without a shudder and gag reflex. The body remembers what it doesn't like!

^I found that after many trips with morning glory, there was a cumulative effect of nausea whilst chewing each time. Now, even thinking about chewing MG seeds is sometimes enough to make me retch. This is something my mind has learned by association. However, it's still the only method (other than puting the ground seeds in to gel caps, which I've never tried) I would use to consume them, since LSA extractions almost never work, going by other people's reports. I would be interested to hear if there have been any successful LSA extractions that resulted in a full-blown trip.

Also, I've never had to chew MG seeds excessively, only enough to grind them in to a reasonable mush to swallow and be assured that all the alkaloids will get absorbed in the stomache. It's roughly the same amount of time that I would chew any seed that I was eating for food (I do chew my food longer than most people woof it down). I feel that, by the strength and quality of my trips, I've never needed to make any special exceptions in this regard.

I can imagine trying to chew up several hundred lil MG seeds could get unpleasant. Not to mention a bit tricky (must lose half of 'em between yer teeth :D). Not sure I'd fancy that meself but have only used HBWR seeds so only need chew on a few and they don't taste bad at all. Have also never tried crushing them and swallowing the grit in caps. Might be worth a go but it always seemed to me that it was the sublingual absorption was what did the trick for me. Have skimped on the chewing somewhat and swallowed the semi-chewed gak but it was very ineffective whenever I did. Swallowing the seeds whole did virtually nothing either no matter how many I used. Chew :)

"semi-chewed gak"<slurry or smush. Sorry Shambledelic...<3 :D

Well I manged to keep the second try of this second trip attempt down.

Ate 23g around midnight puke them all up right after the last few went down... waited till 5am to be ensured it was a fail before I at the rest...

At 5:00am I begain eating the rest (15g) used tons of nutella this time and didnt finish eating them until 5:30... it was quite a task the nutella made it bareable but still extremely disgusting...

Fell asleep arounfd 5:45 and set my alarm next to me with a bucket incase I woke up to the need to purge...

Well here is the bad part, I woke to my alarm at 8pm in an incredibly bizar mindset full of confusion and had a very drunken body load... I was so extremely tired at this point I stupidly laid back down (was half aleep still) and fell back asleep not wakinge I up untill 4:43!!!!

I completely missed my trip by sleeping thru it, I was so tired when waking again this time barely got myself out of bed.

I was stilll in some how of a tripping headspace but it was very confused and almost drunken like.

My viisuals were not as hard as my first trip (mostly because I sleept thru the best time fram of my trip) and had woken up basically at the very tail end of the effects curve.

I still had some pretty damn good CEVs but the OEVs were mild yet EXTREMELY bizarr and unsettling. I look at myself in the mirror after showering and I looked relatively normal yet my facial proportions seemed extremly ugly, almost picasso like. I looked like some horrid grotesque abomination of my normal self, to my minds eye hard to explain but I just looked extremely ugly.

Ive gotten this same wierd mental visual effect on shrooms before and it was pretty identical in character. The other visuals at this point were more so like having very hard HPPV after a hard binge on any psychedelics. Nothing really standing out but a harsh visual static filled most surfaces rather than its true color it was made up of similar colors in tiny pixel static to make that color. If i stared at something this effect would increase and I would see color chaning slightly and movement within the static.

The rest of my day was in a familiar post psychedelic afterglow, very positive thoughts and while not tripping my mind felt very much more "open" as if my mental box were not completely dissolved but larger than normal. It was also clouded with confusion.

My guess is that the sleeping lead to most of the confusion / drunken feeling and body load as they both dissipated as I moved around and got on with my day.

At my night class there were no visuals, I could understand our lecture quite easily but it was VERY hard for me to not day dream and wander off in my head.

Nothing else to really not except after waking up (at 4:30pm) I was in such a weird state. Like even though I had been sleeping and didn't remember much I could just tell my mind had been very very active. I awoke with no clue to what time let alone what day it was until I checked my phone. Even after check the time I just hard an overwhelming feeling that I was actually alseep for several days and not just hours. Besides the initial confusing I felt very at ease like my mind had been busy doing work and sorting out all kinds of subconscious issues I wasn't even aware of during my sleep trip.

Also I think my vision effects were while not full of true psychedelic visuals was still pretty cool. I saw myself in such a critical manner as if my veil of perception was completely removed and I was seeing my true self. Although I looked rather ugly I good some good effect from it. I have up on about 15-20lbs from my ideal body weight in the past few months. I have been telling myself its not even noticeable and not a big deal... WRONG, I could now notice that certainly not the case with my unfiltered vision.

One good thing I got about this trip was it put some fear into me about gaining / holding this weight. I cant really change anything about my eye balls looking so goof or my nose but I know the bloated face and body fat I saw definately need to go.

I can't lie to myself anymore after noticing my body needs some work from this cool view from unfiltered reality

The weirdness of my eyes, nose, for some reason eyelashes stood out like they were some head peacock like feathers too but I think that was more so just over anylizing but hell this mini trip if you call it that had some good effects.

Gotta love when psychedelics humble you down and take away your ability to hid flaws. Starting tomorrow I am going on a diet to get back in shape.

Not using MG again until I find something that can crush or grind them up. The broke my plastic pepper crusher, also a blender doesnt really do the job just chops a fewin half tried it with my first attempt that I threw up at midnight, thats why the went into a smoothing which was fucking disgusting as I still had to chew the seeds and the smoothing didn't really stick to them like yogurt or nutella did.

Nutella was just barely managebale but I will fore sure grind the seeds up and put them in caps next time. Also by doing this I will 21g next time and compare to my first trip to see if it makes a difference vs. chewing them but although the time I did that I didn't really leave any in long enough for "sublingual" absorption but well will see.

Last edited:
^Interesting.

Bear in mind that psychedelics don't neccesarily give you an unfiltered view of reality; many would say quite the opposite...I look like a skeleton when on LSD, doesn't matter if I'm in a junky thin mode or just normal...its a delusion though, or more aptly, a hallucination...

^Interesting.

Bear in mind that psychedelics don't neccesarily give you an unfiltered view of reality; many would say quite the opposite...I look like a skeleton when on LSD, doesn't matter if I'm in a junky thin mode or just normal...its a delusion though, or more aptly, a hallucination...

...But you do actually look different on psychedelics! If you look in the mirror and see yourself tripping hard, I wouldn't consider that a hallucination!

TBH, I think we all look like skeletons... They are the basis for our shape after all! ;)

i agree with the op, a powerful enough lsa trip can be way better than a weak lsd trip.

the visuals are colorful and swirly, and the euphoria is the best ive felt from a psychedelic.
downsides were heavy come-up nausea, and an inability to sleep for hours afterwards because i was too twitchy and jumpy.

i tried lsa via hawaiian baby woodrose seeds before i had every tried acid, and i must admit it was a more powerful experience than any of the dozens of L trips ive had since then.

ymmv

^ Agreed. I'm thinking that its comparing 200mg of Ritalin to like 5mg of Adderall. Its stronger therefore its better, but its not a fair comparison.

Yeah. I don't think psychedelics distort your view of reality in any way, truly -- because when you sober up, you don't still think you look like a skeleton.

But it's ridiculous to claim that they give you an "unfiltered view of reality". Seriously, for thousands of years, the greatest minds in philosophy have been quarreling about whether any of us even have any knowledge to begin with. Or, what knowledge even is.

You're just a monkey that walks on two legs. You don't know anything. Enjoy the ride. Embrace the incomprehensibility of it all.

"I don't fully know what I am. Consciousness peers out from a center which it cannot see--and that is the root of the matter." - Alan Watts

^But the view that psychedelic drugs only elicit a bogus view of reality is also false in itself. Obviously a psychedelic trip is allowing one to percieve things one wouldn't normally percieve, otherwise there would be no experience (no trip). Sober perception and stoned perception are equally valid and correct, but they clearly are different awarenesses of ultimate reality. Maybe you could substitute "less filtered" for "unfiltered". When I trip, all my senses and mental faculties remain at least as acute as they were, but more heightened and sensitive. The chasm between cause and effect of mind and biology becomes less wide (in the same way that NLP uses language to integrate a powerful uinderstanding of mind with our sense of spacial and temporal reality). But above that, my sensory array expands to include detection modes that people would not consider, what people would call "sixth sense and above" (although I don't believe our senses our limited to integer enumeration of a fixed value anyway).

Yeah. I don't think psychedelics distort your view of reality in any way, truly -- because when you sober up, you don't still think you look like a skeleton.

But it's ridiculous to claim that they give you an "unfiltered view of reality". Seriously, for thousands of years, the greatest minds in philosophy have been quarreling about whether any of us even have any knowledge to begin with. Or, what knowledge even is.

You're just a monkey that walks on two legs. You don't know anything. Enjoy the ride. Embrace the incomprehensibility of it all.

"I don't fully know what I am. Consciousness peers out from a center which it cannot see--and that is the root of the matter." - Alan Watts

I guess you could say that psychedelics help us see a 'different' reality, which (if we want to be crudely semantic and go nuts) therefore isn't reality...But, yes, all perspectives are equally valid, and equally abusrd too.

My point really was that psychedelics do 'distort' things such as body image, proprioception (ever felt like you have 6 arms?), not to mention the exceedingly peculaiar shift in our sense of self (the "center" you have referred to); that shift being (possibly) the uniting factor in the psychedelic experience. I don't for a second believe that my face appearing skeletal and ever-morphing when I'm tripping and look into the mirror is accurate in the 'real world' (ie. the world not being effected by a psychoactive chemical); its just an aspect of the 'bells-and-whistles' or (some-would-say) irrelevant aspects of tripping; visual and external-perceptioon being dramtically altered.

A very ambiguous paragraph there.....:D