• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Why I don't recommend smoking weed everyday

carts are nice. mostly use them for discrection as distillate builds my tolly fast and if I only smoked carts id smoke them all damn day.

carts are nice. mostly use them for discrection as distillate builds my tolly fast and if I only smoked carts id smoke them all damn day.

carts are awesome but I end up with nasty clogging issues. I don't know if I'm not going through them quickly enough or what, but there's not many things more frustrating than trying to pull from your half-full cart only to feel your fucking lungs cave in from a clogged cart.

i've since switched to rechargeable disposables for my discreet usage.

they're not much better, but (in Maryland at least) there's at least one fantastic brand that always has the dopest flavors, smoothest hits and gives you pens that seem to never clog.

FUZED

fuck with 'em. Bad Apple Sativa and Blood Brothers Hybrid are my friggin' jam. The strawberry one's really good too, and there's a blueberry indica that tastes just like a blue raspberry jolly rancher, BUT IN THE AIR. You taste the jolly rancher in the air. And no, it's not a smell (although they do that too.) You literally fucking taste it

they're so amazing

carts are awesome but I end up with nasty clogging issues. I don't know if I'm not going through them quickly enough or what, but there's not many things more frustrating than trying to pull from your half-full cart only to feel your fucking lungs cave in from a clogged cart.

they're not much better, but (in Maryland at least) there's at least one fantastic brand that always has the dopest flavors, smoothest hits and gives you pens that seem to never clog.

FUZED

fuck with 'em. Bad Apple Sativa and Blood Brothers Hybrid are my friggin' jam. The strawberry one's really good too, and there's a blueberry indica that tastes just like a blue raspberry jolly rancher, BUT IN THE AIR. You taste the jolly rancher in the air. And no, it's not a smell (although they do that too.) You literally fucking taste it

they're so amazing

I have actually never had the clogging problem you described. I do usually buy live resin carts but by the feel of the smoke I would think it is thicker/more prone to tar not less. Oh wait yes, I used blackmarket carts and two clogged bad. I was able to iso my way out of it but yea.

I tell you what they got me once like this, 3 disposable vape pens, ,come charged; no charger input. 2 of them never fired at all and the 3rd one the battery ran out way before the distillate. (PV is the brands initials incase it correlates)

I reccomend you try live resin carts, in MI they are only 5 dollars more, granted those are usually "splash cart (regional term I think), meaning 50% live resin 50%d distillate. I dont think I can reccomend any specifics nor do I advertise for folk but when you said "Fuzed" ... You get it. Find a brand that always works for you, you enjoy the taste, and gives a nice good rip and I'd prolly go by brand over flavor all day long priority wise' that goes for flower double (as the variation is at least double

Back in 2013 I moved to Seattle which had a very pro weed atmosphere. There's nothing wrong with that obviously but what did become a problem was my everyday usage. I started off just smoking on weekends with friends, which was nothing new, but before I knew it things were escalating to everyday. Before long flower became wax and I began needing to smoke more and more to get the same effects. I began to realize after a couple months that I would get extremely irritated when I wasn't high, to the point that dealing with school was almost unbearable. On top of being irritable I would just feel like shit and have major mood swings. These issues escalated in intensity the more I smoked, to the point where I needed weed 24/7 to avoid being in very bad shape. I observed the same dynamic with my friends, who would even have severe panic attacks if they had to go without it for a while. So needless to say I observed that there was an issue with our consumption.

Eventually it got to the point where no matter what I'd smoke, I'd only be high for a half hour max before needing to light up again. This created a problem for me during the day where I'd need to sneak to the bathroom to vape all the time. Anyway, not a good situation.

This was just my experience and perhaps yours is different, but I wanted to share because I see a lot of people preaching the gospel about daily weed smoking like it's the best thing ever. In my case it wasn't.
Yeah man, daily drug abuse is bad in general and people get on these plants are safer than pharmacy shit lol and “oh it’s just weed”

But weed does carry risks. Chronic heavy use makes me lazy and anhedonic. Makes my cognitive ability decline.

Used with respect of the power of the drug and in moderation 3-4 times a week just a joint or two max then I’m good and it’s beneficial.

All drugs and all drugs and all drugs- The dose is the poison.

not a fan of the 'its just a plant' argument (I know preacher meet choir) for one major reason, 1. It has been modified in everyway possible for maximum active ingredient yield JUST LIKE COCOA? AND OPIUM plants. coke and heroin are "just plants" by the same line of logic. Fuckin nutty line of thinking.

Up there with solvents are used in meth!! please find me one drug on the pharm market that isn't hit with a solvent at some point (actually dont im sure there are exceptions)

I have actually never had the clogging problem you described. I do usually buy live resin carts but by the feel of the smoke I would think it is thicker/more prone to tar not less. Oh wait yes, I used blackmarket carts and two clogged bad. I was able to iso my way out of it but yea.

I tell you what they got me once like this, 3 disposable vape pens, ,come charged; no charger input. 2 of them never fired at all and the 3rd one the battery ran out way before the distillate. (PV is the brands initials incase it correlates)

I reccomend you try live resin carts, in MI they are only 5 dollars more, granted those are usually "splash cart (regional term I think), meaning 50% live resin 50%d distillate. I dont think I can reccomend any specifics nor do I advertise for folk but when you said "Fuzed" ... You get it. Find a brand that always works for you, you enjoy the taste, and gives a nice good rip and I'd prolly go by brand over flavor all day long priority wise' that goes for flower double (as the variation is at least double

So you brought up a fair point. I'm not sure what kind of concentrate is in the legal carts in Maryland.

I know that I can't buy hash, kief, dabs, wax, rosin etc etc without a medical card.

Carts and disposables are fair game, though. I need to figure out what process they use. I don't think live resin/rosin is easily accessible in my state without a medical card.

The stores have it all, they just restrict access. It's such a fuckin' tease, man.

Think i'm gonna run into DC tomorrow and check out one of these mushroom shops. Nice little plus is that they also sel-- errr, "gift"-- insane cannabis products that I'd never be able to get in Maryland. It's just a little pricey and a pain in the ass to deal with traffic all the way into and out of the District.

. . . . . . . check out one of these mushroom shops.

i found one of those mushroom shops too. now how is it that they are selling mushrooms if it is not legal ? usa.

i don't remember it being legal. i just wanna kno. 🍄

i found one of those mushroom shops too. now how is it that they are selling mushrooms if it is not legal ? usa.

i don't remember it being legal. i just wanna kno. 🍄
well, in DC a whole slew of psychedelics were decriminalized in recent years.

it's still technically illegal, but essentially a non-priority for police there. Take it out of the city and you're starting to gamble a little bit.

I assume it's the same elsewhere where these storefronts that openly sell psilocybin and DMT exist.

but also, amanita is readily available all over the country. It's not the same, but it's something.... you just have to be careful, though, because some of those legal mushroom products are actually fairly toxic in large quantities.

FUZED

they're so amazing

Clog carting plagues me too. it used to not, but literally every cart I've had lately does. I think maybe it being colder and more dry in the winter the oil can kinda crystalize maybe? I'm often sucking in so hard I'll suck out oil.

*%^# carts. You know what I picture? Being on a vacation and only taking vape carts. And something going wrong with the battery, with clogging,, with just not working. Always something with these things. Plus to me as a smoker they are harsh. Putting a flame to flower is easy and always works. I would never never never count only on a cart. There are so many things that can and for sure do go wrong with these things.

i used to go to school everyday, in the morning, stoned - not super baked, but ya know, a few rips before i left the house

now look at me

:tiebow:

everybody's different

ill second that with the note that there were a couple to few times i had to skip school to grab a bag. Actually I did better in school after I started smoking (not implying correlation nor causation. I had a real temper problem before I started smoking and US schools are basically a mix between daycare/ tool of institutionalizing the youth/ a slew of mis, at this point disinformation (false narratives always).

There was a short period the school was across the street (literally) from the school and i 'had money' at the time; id do 10 gbongs every lunch.

Perhaps the UK is different education wise.

Fertile - What type of developmental issues do you suggest cannabis inhibits; and more importantly is that something you are suggesting or a well known fact backed by many (legit) studies.. I only ask out of concern for what damage I may have done so I can focus on improving; if possible.
---Thanks, you are a real asset to this forum. (that was not sarcastic)

well, in DC a whole slew of psychedelics were decriminalized in recent years.

it's still technically illegal, but essentially a non-priority for police there. Take it out of the city and you're starting to gamble a little bit.

I assume it's the same elsewhere where these storefronts that openly sell psilocybin and DMT exist.

but also, amanita is readily available all over the country. It's not the same, but it's something.... you just have to be careful, though, because some of those legal mushroom products are actually fairly toxic in large quantities.

Wait DMT is available in store fronts in DC? You 100 on that? It is about the only substance left on my substance bucket list. (have got ''dmt'' before but question its legitimacy based on what I read about it and the blackmarket being what it is, probably a sister analogue) .... at any rate I never got a giant breakthrough (which I would recognize from bong ripping salvia extract) I had an older cousin (hooray right) that just showed up with salv extract and told me just keep torching it and get as much as possible till you can't phsyically hold the bong. And my dumb ass listened.....sorry for the sidestory

Jackaroe-- I agree, but there have been times ive only had carts at say a hotel for a couple of days.....if you have to rely on carts for a couple days always 1. (bring 2 CHARGED/WORKING batteries and charger, make sure they still take a charge too), some ISO and cuetips. Grab at least 3 or 4 carts (live resin or full spectrum for maximum satisfaction) If you have a brand that never failed you grab a few. --- I have gotten through multiple days like that. I missed flower forsure but it was Soooo much better than "sneak smoking" or wandering into the crowded public looking for a place.

Thank you. Shieet sorry for the double post, you can absolutely combine these if you want to.

Last edited:
Wait DMT is available in store fronts in DC? You 100 on that? It is about the only substance left on my substance bucket list. (have got ''dmt'' before but question its legitimacy based on what I read about it and the blackmarket being what it is, probably a sister analogue) .... at any rate I never got a giant breakthrough (which I would recognize from bong ripping salvia extract) I had an older cousin (hooray right) that just showed up with salv extract and told me just keep torching it and get as much as possible till you can't phsyically hold the bong. And my dumb ass listened.....sorry for the sidestory

Indeed!

I can't post why I'm confident here but check your PMs.

Salvia is terrifying.

I recently used it several times.... maybe a few months ago. The first couple tries were all threshold dosages... a little extract sprinkled throughout a bowl of weed. took cautious hits and some slightly cool things happened. Not gonna explain it all.

But then I got stupid.

My last run with it I just filled the bowl to the brim with extract. Managed to get three massive hits before I had to set the bong aside....

That time a lot of scary shit happened. The universe sort of folded in half and closed in on itself, like closing a book. As reality folded in on itself it felt like my body got bent 180 degrees at the waist, so even though i was sitting straight is felt like my feet were planted and my head was upside down near my ankles. Then it felt like something just kept trying to pull me further down..... and i remember looking over and seeing that I was being pulled into my god damn phone-- the source of my atmospheric music for the trip. Thousands of fucking strings attached all over my body and pulled me through my phone.

I let myself go too. Biggest mistake of my life. As I was being pulled I sort of descended into a room full of people that didn't look quite right. They were familiar, but it was sort of an uncanny valley experience until I suddenly had the thought that they weren't people at all. I became terrified as I still felt the strings pulling me down, but my terror seemed to cause them an unreasonable amount of joy.

I'm pretty sure I was on my way to Hell that night.

There's more to this but, as I was typing, it became clear to me that it's really hard to articulate a salvia trip.

Last edited:
Yea i was legitimately pissed at him to be honest. Full breakthrough, sweating so much my shirt was drenched. It also pissed me off he kept sayin I wasn't really sweating I was just still 'feeling it'...so I had my gf (at the time) check and she was like no wow your drenched in sweat. So yea I hear the body 180 degrees... I felt part of the couch is the best way to describe it I suppose. Ego death and all, definitely forgot there was an I for a about 10 minutes. I also felt "pulled away" so to speak; it was actually a pretty good descripton for such an intangible

Ive only known one person that reacted positively to that kind of exposure and he claims a full on dimensional shift type of situation. (no I dont really understand what he meant) but he was happy. Drenched in sweat also lol.

He was amazed I just did it... but I was unawares lol. My prior experience with salvia was smoking it as some kid of cheap HS weed replacement, also knew someone that grew it (god knows why) and would smoke it like weed also. That was the last time I smoked salvia forsure.

i'm sorry y'all... this is a complete derail but don't worry, i'm not gonna focus on it. I'm just gonna drop this here and walk away.

but every time I see this thread title it reminds me of an OOOOOOOLLLLLDDDD track that used to be part of my smoking playlist.

fuckin'.... enjoy it or scroll past it. I just gotta put it here so i stop thinkin' about it

Yea i was legitimately pissed at him to be honest. Full breakthrough, sweating so much my shirt was drenched. It also pissed me off he kept sayin I wasn't really sweating I was just still 'feeling it'...so I had my gf (at the time) check and she was like no wow your drenched in sweat. So yea I hear the body 180 degrees... I felt part of the couch is the best way to describe it I suppose. Ego death and all, definitely forgot there was an I for a about 10 minutes. I also felt "pulled away" so to speak; it was actually a pretty good descripton for such an intangible

Ive only known one person that reacted positively to that kind of exposure and he claims a full on dimensional shift type of situation. (no I dont really understand what he meant) but he was happy. Drenched in sweat also lol.

He was amazed I just did it... but I was unawares lol. My prior experience with salvia was smoking it as some kid of cheap HS weed replacement, also knew someone that grew it (god knows why) and would smoke it like weed also. That was the last time I smoked salvia forsure.

Honestly, I can see positivity from MY experience.

I ended it telling myself "Never again, never again" but in retrospect I'd be 100% willing to do it in the presence of a sober sitter that i trusted.

Like.... alright, it's weird. Within a week after that I got into a huge argument with a user on here that lasted a couple days, led to a temp ban or two and got several moderators involved.

but i swear to God, dude, since that last experience (I'm not sure if it was quite a breakthrough but it was for sure an experience) i've been the most stable i've ever been in my life. My biggest issue is emotional intelligence. I straight up think I have borderline personality disorder but i'll NEVER put myself in a position to get diagnosed.

but after this last trip, everything's felt normal. I've had triggers since, moments that would typically send me into a downward spiral... and i just bounce right back. it's honestly the most eerie thing i've ever experienced, because i've always had the hardest time dealing with the concept of "letting go."

Sounds like a positive thing? I gained no such insight from breaking through; this could be for a myriad of reasons including the set and setting kind of being thrust upon me in almost an "I dare you" way.

I was already taking mushrooms from time to time; like a close friend was gettin em by the qp on the regular so I'd eat about 7-10.5g of dried (never knew the strain or anything sorry) every third week or so.......NOW the first time I tripped shrooms I think I laughed for about 5 hours straight and was happy for like a month or three just knowing that experience does exist.......eh dont worry too much about the other members mods and bans; I mean follow the BL rules and all.... I can honestly tell you when I joined this forum there were TEKs on extracting fent from patches, a tek on how to shoot almost every pill. ......sorry cohesive point being that things have tightened up awhole lot around here and im sure they had to.

salvia left me feeling sweaty and a bit anxious; Of course everyone is different. If salvia calms your temper; GOD BLESS! If it helps your overall demeanor that is indeed a "breakthrough" in the psychological sense. I was using breakthrough synonymously with ego death... in regards to tripping at least.

I do know a large scottish fellow that smoked salvia and became convinced he had to make it out of the only window in the room on like the fourth floor. I was there it was pretty rough. He had 3 tripsitters; we didn't really know thats what we were to become until he got his eyes fixed on that window. I always dismissed such tales as childish drug myths until I had to help restrain a very large strong bloke fixated on that window. BTW everything ended fine; probably a good thing we were there. Very unusual though, usually ppl are on there ass after salvia. Same dude also had a reaction to antidepressants so idk......yes tripsitter though!

I have a bit of a temper and i i didn't smoke weed i probably wouldn't be a person you would want to talk to. (not that im violent--not that I can't be). I try to bark alot and make it clear that isn't a place you want to go; the theory being the more violence people think i will commit the less I actually have to. *like one of those pissy little dogs, which tracks as I weigh about 140 soaking wet.
(haha and I haven't been in a fistfight since I was like 23 so maybe it works; its not a plan id reccomend, I fell into it)

Oh the person that did enjoy it tried to convey a message that he was transported to a different realm, in front of him stood a tree both green and fruitful but ablaze. but "not fire like we know" .... and thats about where things skitted out into a typical attempt to summarize such a wild thing.