• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Why I don't recommend smoking weed everyday

Smoked everyday for the better part of the last 30 years. Would smoke all day, everyday and it stopped getting me “high” a long time ago. Even with concentrates it really just normalized my mood and appetite.

I’m a big proponent of legalization, but you can definitely over do it with weed and have it create problems for you.

I've been a smoker for 30 years, the past 10 daily. I'm starting to notice i get anxiety if i smoke to much. Never happened before but the past year it's to the point i only smoke a small amount to kick start my appetite and i do sleep better.

My use displays the entire spectrum of cannabis use disorder, which is basically grotesque misuse at its finest.

I wish I could have a responsible relationship with it. I continue to prove time and time again with each new desperate attempt to manage using it that it’s gotta go for me or my life just gonna keep getting worse and worse.

I mean, if I kept it to special occasions, or social use perhaps it wouldn’t get out of control

However that’s a fallacy. Another illusion that I can somehow live with it managing it on a semi-regular basis.

I can’t say I won’t turn down a social offer to use it nor will I never use it again I know what will happen if I got some for myself and start doing it by myself though

Why I don't recommend smoking anything ever.

Smoking is harmful.

Most won’t like to hear that. Moderation, moderate smoking, setting a boundary can negate possible harm.

I think smoking Big Tobacco cigarettes is the real danger

I think each person has to decide for themself what is good and bad for them, or even neutral oddly enough and everyone is unique

I mean, I have other issues that go hand in hand with cannabis, which often makes it very damaging. I cannot point the finger at it

Last edited:
Wait - the OP is high in school?

I can only hope it's a creative subject because if it's a subject that is based on formal logic, weed will utterly compromise that.

M'well i could develop on why i don't care for failure expertise, while i already got my fair share, but that was moons ago. Oh, look up to the sky tonight, next time is 2037 i heard...

M'well i could develop on why i don't care for failure expertise, while i already got my fair share, but that was moons ago. Oh, look up to the sky tonight, next time is 2037 i heard...
Yes, next time there are two full moons in August will be in 2037, why are people so excited about that?
Edit, unless people think they are there together 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yes, next time there are two full moons in August will be in 2037, why are people so excited about that?
Edit, unless people think they are there together 🤣🤣🤣🤣
It's the blue moon, next one is 2037 and us space nerds get really excited about it.

I think the biggest problem with weed use here in the UK is people mixing it with tobacco. Since I cut out tobacco long ago can really see how terrible it was.

Also too many people lack self control when it comes to weed and see it as so completely harmless to the point hey're smoking big cigar type joints. Even doing that with pure weed it's surely not good. On your lungs or on your head, with tolerance and everything else figured into play.

I smoke a couple of small pipes here and there. Notice very little problems on the chest, I'm high as a kite from a very small amount of weed, and seem to get the best effect possible by keeping things that way.

It's the blue moon, next one is 2037 and us space nerds get really excited about it.
There are generally two Blue Moons a year. These occur when there are two full moons that occur in one calendar month.

A Super Moon is a full moon that occurs when it occurs during perigee (When a orbiting body is at it's closest to the object it orbits around). These occur about twice or three times a year.

Yesterdays moon was a Blue Super Moon. A Blue Super Moon is Blue Moon that occurs during a Super Moon. These occur much less frequently.

Last edited:
WTF is going on with my posting? Fear some terrorist attack perhaps?

The next Blue moon will be a lot sooner than that, but the full moon before the equinox tends to look bigger and gets called the Super moon. Next month is the Harvest moon, that's the brightest one.
A Blue moon is the second full moon in a month, happens once or twice a year.
The next Blue moon that is also a Super moon (aka in august) is named the Next Super Blue moon, that's what is in 2037, it's not even a thing of interest, they basically tried to make it sound like an event of some kind, must have been a slow news day. The two names coinciding again in 14 years is about average I imagine, hardly news worthy.
I've even fucking bored myself with that, my apologies for being such a nerd myself. 😘

The issue with weed is that it has lingering effects the next day and it compounds over time. You smoke once and u get a comedown the next day. If tou smoke again, you get a comedown for next 3 days. You smoke and smoke and eventually it fully bleeds into your life and withdrawing is horrendous. I've quit adderall use and it was easier. I just slept and ate all day. Weed? It's loke a dull, bored, flat anhedonia, can't sleep, cant eat, can't look forward to anything. Evwry negative thought u had comes up. But once you get past the hump. Oh man, that clarity is almost euphoric. Fuck weed.
You just described my issue exactly. The comedowns would get worse and worse and I would keep smoking “just one more time” to relieve it. Im now 3 days off wondering when I’ll get back to normal, it has been an ugly addiction for me.

I have smoked weed since i was 12 years old and im now 42. Well started smoking hash then weed. I have had basically zero side effects from it and it chills me out.

weed even with or without drinkin water gives you more vulnerability to tooth decay and from that you're forever fucked, teeths are the most expensive object in the world

Truth. Now that weed is legal we are finally finding out what the real health drawbacks to being a chronic smoker, and it looks like there very well are real health drawbacks. Shoot all they had was bullshit propaganda my 12 yr old brain could see straight through and they were unable to give me a solitary reason to abstain. 42% higher chance of stroke, if that is true it is real significant. I now wonder if I cut my use back will I still suffer the same risks? Since I have been a daily toker for over 2 decades it seems alien to take days off......

On the other hand I do enjoy breathing and always try and come at things from an informed harm reductionist standpoint. Which when I started was "youll grow boobs and one joint is equal to seven cigarettes (apples and oranges bs)"

At least ive been reallly really high this whole time haha

People will talk a lot about how strong cartridges are. I just want to say that cartridges are the easiest way for me to figure out the right dosage for getting where I want to be. I feel there's actually a lot of guesswork involved when you're packing bowls, using concentrates or what have you. I don't know many people who weight out their dosage prior to putting it into a bong or whatever.

With the cartridges, I can take everything down to an easy to understand "one second, two seconds or blinker". When I get to the point that I feel I need more than that one blinker hit, I know instantly that I'm getting too tolerant and I'm able to adjust a little bit. If I want to take another hit that night, I can, but it will be a very brief one.

When I would be smoking bud out of pipes or using concentrates, the truth is, I would often get higher than I actually wanted to get. Getting too high is not a pleasant experience for me; it just means more paranoia, anxiety and what have you. What do I get for these unpleasant symptoms? A higher tolerance. With this kind of cycle, it was easy to use too much.

For instance, you have a joint that you rolled. You already told yourself you're smoking the whole thing, not for any good reason, just because that's what you've decided. I've had similar experiences switching to a nicotine vaporizer from cigarettes. Sometimes, I don't want to smoke a whole cigarette, I just want a puff. However, nobody wants to be walking around with a dozen half-smoked cigarettes in their pocket, right? My nicotine usage is much lower now too and the experiences with Nicotine are more relaxing.

Since switching to cartridges, I feel like I'm totally in control. I don't have to pack a bowl every time I want a little bit more. It's really been the key to me bein in control of my intake. Does anyone else feel this way?