• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Why I don't recommend smoking weed everyday

pot is not too hard to quit.

I think tobacco is much harder to quit

Last edited:
I find, like two weeks ago, I brought cannabis along on a business trip and I didn't have time to smoke for a couple days. It was all business.

I did on the drive back. Now that I'm back into normal settings been smoking everyday. I find pre workout a stevia may give me energy, as this is after I get off work and a bit tired, let's say ten in and exhales. That's not much cannabis and for good reason the stuff I consume is 20% or higher usually , many of the ones I've got now are even higher. Pre resistance exercise or even pre cardio. As far as later during the day, ten inhales or exhales,not being exact but as long as it's not overdone, it seems to be okay.

I had today off so I did some derma rolling for face and hair. Did these before consuming .

Last edited:
I think it matters way more that your not lazy and your compared to other Americans important your fit, not over weight, you need to be fit to abuse any drugs. But in my case weed helps me eat, regulates my blood sugar, numbs pain. I can vape all day long not that I would. I wait until after twelve pm to start..... But I've been trying to quit for a year. Finding it impossible. I'm just to used to it. Been vaping for last five years almost every day... I want to feel ok not vaping.. but I will win in the end....

Regular using sometimes giv s you a good dumb feeling,when you see funniest things...thats a goodvabout a weed....

Nothing about what you said is incorrect IME. Can make hotels in less friendly states quite the risky proposition. However for me it seems almost necessary. I have done probation and quit for the duration and oh wow did time drag and I was a very irritable person. Actually allegedly got into my last fight on probation... I would say it is a to each their own situation. However the negative aspects you mentioned are real and I can attest to recently switching to wax myself. finding it easier to handle by the day. who woulda thought if I used a drug every day than when i found my tolerance sky high and switched to a much more potent extract of just the active alkaloid that some kind of tolerance may form......lol never in my days of drug use. damn pot. (I hope the sarcasm was thick enough on the last one)

I hope that you guys never switch to hard drugs like opioids or cocaine when you're already struggling with a cute weed addiction lol. Quitting weed is child's play as there is no withdrawal except some psychosomatic symptoms. If your weed dealer gets busted by the badge wearing thugs masquerading as police officers and you can't score from anyone else, all you will struggle with are minor problems with affect regulation, a little bit of sleep deprivation here and there for a while, and a temporarily impaired short-term memory for a couple weeks or months. That's it. Most of the time your mind over-dramatizes what you're actually going through with a weed "withdrawal".

If however your heroin dealer gets busted by the badge wearing thugs masquerading as police officers and you can't score from anyone else before 12h pass from your last consumption, then you will get so royally fucked in the arse that Satan himself will feel compassion for you. You feel like someone has put razor wire in your stomach, your muscles burn throughout your whole body like someone is pouring acid on them, you puke and shit at the same time, you can't sleep for days which worsens the mindfuck, you can't eat, you sweat like a waterfall, you feel an icy cold inside you that does not go away no matter how hot it is and the mental torture is beyond any description. The panic attacks, depression, and ultra-realistic, perverse nightmares are something out of this world. AND YOU EXPERIENCE ALL THESE SYMPTOMS SIMULTANEOUSLY!!!
I'm not being hyperbolic when I say that you seriously cannot convey in any shape or form to someone how such a wd feels like. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.
I really, really wish I had the problems that weed addicts have lol...

Last edited:
In high school and college I smoked several times a day, every day. It got to the point where I wasn't even getting high anymore-- just going through the smoking ritual out of habit. With increasing costs, I finally got fed up with it (when I started I had been paying $30 an ounce for superior weed), so I quit for nearly 10 years. During that time I was doing some hard drugs but mostly just drinking excessively.

These days I grow my own and probably give away half of what I grow. I smoke daily, but it's only 3 or 4 hits in the evening before dinner. I'm much happier with this amount.

I hope that you guys never switch to hard drugs like opioids or cocaine when you're already struggling with a cute weed addiction lol. Quitting weed is child's play as there is no withdrawal except some psychosomatic symptoms. If your weed dealer gets busted by the badge wearing thugs masquerading as police officers and you can't score from anyone else, all you will struggle with are minor problems with affect regulation, a little bit of sleep deprivation here and there for a while, and a temporarily impaired short-term memory for a couple weeks or months. That's it. Most of the time your mind over-dramatizes what you're actually going through with a weed "withdrawal".

If however your heroin dealer gets busted by the badge wearing thugs masquerading as police officers and you can't score from anyone else before 12h pass from your last consumption, then you will get so royally fucked in the arse that Satan himself will feel compassion for you. You feel like someone has put razor wire in your stomach, your muscles burn throughout your whole body like someone is pouring acid on them, you puke and shit at the same time, you can't sleep for days which worsens the mindfuck, you can't eat, you sweat like a waterfall, you feel an icy cold inside you that does not go away no matter how hot it is and the mental torture is beyond any description. The panic attacks, depression, and ultra-realistic, perverse nightmares are something out of this world. AND YOU EXPERIENCE ALL THESE SYMPTOMS SIMULTANEOUSLY!!!
I'm not being hyperbolic when I say that you seriously cannot convey in any shape or form to someone how such a wd feels like. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

What has this got to do with anything?

Heroin addiction is not the worst thing ever either.

What has this got to do with anything?
Read OP's post. He was describing what he had to go through after his cannabis use escalated and how he felt when he wasn't high. I was trying to describe how miniscule this suffering is by comparing it to the types of feelings you have when you withdraw from hard drugs.

Heroin addiction is not the worst thing ever either.
LOL :hammer:

Read OP's post. He was describing what he had to go through after his cannabis use escalated and how he felt when he wasn't high. I was trying to describe how miniscule this suffering is by comparing it to the types of feelings you have when you withdraw from hard drugs.

LOL :hammer:

I've read this whole thread. It's not about heroin and isn't rendered invalid by heroin, just like your opiate struggle isn't rendered invalid by the fact that even more terrible fates exist.

It's okay to discuss problems even if there are bigger problems.

I personally have never had problems going without weed, but maybe some people do.

This is a harm reduction forum and this thread is about harm reduction.

How would you prefer "LOL" and an icon of someone smashing someone's face to be interpreted?

I've read this whole thread. It's not about heroin and isn't rendered invalid by heroin, just like your opiate struggle isn't rendered invalid by the fact that even more terrible fates exist.

It's okay to discuss problems even if there are bigger problems.

I personally have never had problems going without weed, but maybe some people do.

This is a harm reduction forum and this thread is about harm reduction.
You're taking this the completely wrong way. I KNOW it's not about heroin. The whole point of writing about heroin wd was to show that whatever you experience from a lack of weed isn't nearly as dramatic as your mind perceives it to be and that hopefully OP never switches to more addictive drugs.

I never invalidated other people's suffering, merely pointed out that there are much, much worse substances to be addicted to. What you said is a strawman.

How would you prefer "LOL" and an icon of someone smashing someone's face to be interpreted?
Because your "Heroin addiction is not the worst thing ever either" is among the most stupid claims I have ever heard. You're either an opiate newbie or you have never even touched this stuff...either way you seem to have no idea what you're talking about. It is irrelevant if a Heroin addiction is 2.456% less addictive than a benzo addiction for instance, as they both turn you into an absolute wreck after a while, expose you to risks that a weed addiction simply does not and introduce you into a whole new level of suffering. The LOL and hammer emoji was my way of saying that your claim was just dumb.

To cut it short: just quit the weed, buy some hoggar night tabs if you must and after a couple of weeks you'll be fine.

I use to be able to go without weed for awhile if I had to.
I'd usually switch to drinking or another drug and of course was bummed but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle.

Fast foward some years & now it seems like if I have to go without any form of thc, I completely lose interest in food, feel bored & depressed & incredibly cranky if I have to go without it. Also increased sweating, body pain, etc..

I think one main difference is back in the "schwagg, mids & nugs days", I always smoked flower.
Where as now a days, it's all usually concentrates. Is there something about higher dose thc that causes a withdrawal?
Or is the wide spectrum of things in the flower responsible for not having so much to deal with when you have to go without? I dunno. just speculating.

I also saw awhile back on here that some one posted that people on buprenorphine who use THC have higher levels of bupe in their blood.
So if you smoke everyday with your subs & then suddenly have to stop smoking for a few days, you can go into buprenorphine withdrawal. So I factor this into my equation too.

You're taking this the completely wrong way. I KNOW it's not about heroin. The whole point of writing about heroin wd was to show that whatever you experience from a lack of weed isn't nearly as dramatic as your mind perceives it to be and that hopefully OP never switches to more addictive drugs.

I never invalidated other people's suffering, merely pointed out that there are much, much worse substances to be addicted to. What you said is a strawman.

Because your "Heroin addiction is not the worst thing ever either" is among the most stupid claims I have ever heard. You're either an opiate newbie or you have never even touched this stuff...either way you seem to have no idea what you're talking about. It is irrelevant if a Heroin addiction is 2.456% less addictive than a benzo addiction for instance, as they both turn you into an absolute wreck after a while, expose you to risks that a weed addiction simply does not and introduce you into a whole new level of suffering. The LOL and hammer emoji was my way of saying that your claim was just dumb.

To cut it short: just quit the weed, buy some hoggar night tabs if you must and after a couple of weeks you'll be fine.

Terms like "cute addiction" and "child's play" are terms of invalidation, regardless of whatever you think of what you wrote. This attempt is better, more polite, sure. But such comparison doesn't help people to begin with. Everyone already knows heroin has to be a lot worse.

I did not make a strawman. I responded to what you wrote.

Saying heroin addiction is not the worst thing ever is a simple, borderline trivial, fact and not "among the most stupid claims" you've "ever heard". I wasn't thinking about benzo addictions.

Terms like "cute addiction" and "child's play" are terms of invalidation, regardless of whatever you think of what you wrote.
Ok then let's see what the cambridge dictionary says about the word invalidation: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/invalidation
"the action of proving that an opinion, argument, etc. is wrong"
As you can see I did not say that his report of his experience is wrong. I was arguing that it's NOT AS BAD AS OTHER DRUGS (and by that I meant what is generally referred to as "hard drugs") and that he hopefully stays away from them. That is not invalidating anything, just pointing out my opinion.

But such comparison doesn't help people to begin with.
Oh I think it does. Read between the lines of what OP wrote. He obviously is in a desperate search for the next, more intense kick. He has consumed wax which in my view is the crack of the weed world. Eventually even that won't do it's intended thing anymore and he'll want to switch to another drug to fill that hole inside him. If my little experience "report" of what kind of life awaits someone who is always in search for the next best flash to numb the mind and how this will inevitably lead to a very dark place, saves someone even if it's just one person, then my job is done. In other words, my message was to either stick to weed if you really feel like you have to do drugs, or just quit the herb and stop making such a fuss about it. It's just the way I think about this matter and if you are so sensitive and have a problem with me not touching people with kid-gloves, then I don't know what the hell to say. I don't even know why we are having this redundant discussion.

I wasn't thinking about benzo addictions.
Are you obtuse or just trolling now? Benzos were just an example I named to illustrate that Heroin isn't any less addictive than other hard drugs you bright spark. They're all highly addictive and that's my point, while you are busy with sophistry and hair-splitting. This discussion is OVER.

Been through opiate withdrawls for about 5 days every month for drug tests a long time ago. It was brutal, I could sneak trams tho haha. Had unlimited access to u44etc and had to come off that clean. and if you want to read my thread about benzo addiction in dark you will know I have been through the ringer with damn near everyhing i could. Happy to be on suboxone *I know im not clean but im controlled and safe. That is why I went with more like side effects than w/d.

Been through opiate withdrawls for about 5 days every month for drug tests a long time ago. It was brutal, I could sneak trams tho haha. Had unlimited access to u44etc and had to come off that clean. and if you want to read my thread about benzo addiction in dark you will know I have been through the ringer with damn near everyhing i could. Happy to be on suboxone *I know im not clean but im controlled and safe. That is why I went with more like side effects than w/d.
Do subs demolish your motivation? I've been looking for ages to find an opioid that does not turn me into a zombie. I really miss all my hobbies I used to do :-(

The subs, no I do not believe so. however I would think something like OC would be more stimulating (for a drug that makes you nod out lol). IMO subs main deal is it takes you off the street and out of contact with the blackmarket.....I think it has serious zombie potential but by the time I got to it I was already back peddling from much worse of a zombie situation. If that makes sense if not and you still care pm me and i can give you more details. (I just dont feel like goin into MY story HERE)

It depends on your frame of mind at the time anyway, last week I went without buprenorphine or weed for two or three days straight, because I was sick of my head not being clear ever, I had pods, so still using opiates but no weed. If I just picked a day in the future to stop weed, I'd never be able to, the motivation wouldn't be right on the day.
I've probably quit opiates more times than I've quit weed, it's worse, sure, but it seems a lot more worth it. You gotta wonder what is wrong with a bit of weed, what's the point in making that particular effort?

The issue with weed is that it has lingering effects the next day and it compounds over time. You smoke once and u get a comedown the next day. If tou smoke again, you get a comedown for next 3 days. You smoke and smoke and eventually it fully bleeds into your life and withdrawing is horrendous. I've quit adderall use and it was easier. I just slept and ate all day. Weed? It's loke a dull, bored, flat anhedonia, can't sleep, cant eat, can't look forward to anything. Evwry negative thought u had comes up. But once you get past the hump. Oh man, that clarity is almost euphoric. Fuck weed.