• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Why I don't recommend smoking weed everyday

washingtonbound

Bluelighter
Back in 2013 I moved to Seattle which had a very pro weed atmosphere. There's nothing wrong with that obviously but what did become a problem was my everyday usage. I started off just smoking on weekends with friends, which was nothing new, but before I knew it things were escalating to everyday. Before long flower became wax and I began needing to smoke more and more to get the same effects. I began to realize after a couple months that I would get extremely irritated when I wasn't high, to the point that dealing with school was almost unbearable. On top of being irritable I would just feel like shit and have major mood swings. These issues escalated in intensity the more I smoked, to the point where I needed weed 24/7 to avoid being in very bad shape. I observed the same dynamic with my friends, who would even have severe panic attacks if they had to go without it for a while. So needless to say I observed that there was an issue with our consumption.

Eventually it got to the point where no matter what I'd smoke, I'd only be high for a half hour max before needing to light up again. This created a problem for me during the day where I'd need to sneak to the bathroom to vape all the time. Anyway, not a good situation.

This was just my experience and perhaps yours is different, but I wanted to share because I see a lot of people preaching the gospel about daily weed smoking like it's the best thing ever. In my case it wasn't.

panic attacks if they had to go without
I have recently experienced this with daily intake of thc-o. WDs are OK for two days but build. Awakening on the third days brings unbelievable withdrawals that I can only compare to a mild to moderate benzodiazepine withdrawal.
I will not pretend to understand this but will aver that none of this has ever happened to me before picking up this product and I use to be a heavy weed smoker for decades.
I would get extremely irritated when I wasn't high,
This and frustration, impatience, high anxiety, sweating more than usual, "hot flashes", diminished appetite and more.
What were the main products being smoked/vaped by you and your friends? Flower, thc distilate, synthetic thc products or a mix of all? Curious because it would seem that more and more people are complaining of the WDs from sudden weed cessation and wondering if it has something to do with the market being flooded with various thc options.

I have recently experienced this with daily intake of thc-o. WDs are OK for two days but build. Awakening on the third days brings unbelievable withdrawals that I can only compare to a mild to moderate benzodiazepine withdrawal.
I will not pretend to understand this but will aver that none of this has ever happened to me before picking up this product and I use to be a heavy weed smoker for decades.

This and frustration, impatience, high anxiety, sweating more than usual, "hot flashes", diminished appetite and more.
What were the main products being smoked/vaped by you and your friends? Flower, thc distilate, synthetic thc products or a mix of all? Curious because it would seem that more and more people are complaining of the WDs from sudden weed cessation and wondering if it has something to do with the market being flooded with various thc options.
At this time my friends I would smoke conventional weed/wax and none of the strange stuff that's been surfacing at stores recently. Regular washington grown stuff which was pretty high quality. I can't really comment on what withdrawal effects would be like from delta 8/10 or thc-o, likely similar.

Back in 2013 I moved to Seattle which had a very pro weed atmosphere. There's nothing wrong with that obviously but what did become a problem was my everyday usage. I started off just smoking on weekends with friends, which was nothing new, but before I knew it things were escalating to everyday. Before long flower became wax and I began needing to smoke more and more to get the same effects. I began to realize after a couple months that I would get extremely irritated when I wasn't high, to the point that dealing with school was almost unbearable. On top of being irritable I would just feel like shit and have major mood swings. These issues escalated in intensity the more I smoked, to the point where I needed weed 24/7 to avoid being in very bad shape. I observed the same dynamic with my friends, who would even have severe panic attacks if they had to go without it for a while. So needless to say I observed that there was an issue with our consumption.

Eventually it got to the point where no matter what I'd smoke, I'd only be high for a half hour max before needing to light up again. This created a problem for me during the day where I'd need to sneak to the bathroom to vape all the time. Anyway, not a good situation.

This was just my experience and perhaps yours is different, but I wanted to share because I see a lot of people preaching the gospel about daily weed smoking like it's the best thing ever. In my case it wasn't
I second that,
I'm just taking like a wek of my own research with my friends so will write added q&A that was bothering me and people arround me
So thank you for not makin me write the above
Will get back with some opinions

Yes that’s possible but I’d argue even with bud you can go down the rabbit hole if you smoke daily. The gram a day habit becomes an eighth which then becomes a quarter, etc

I think you're taking a generalized substance abuse problem and localizing it to weed.

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a single substance that won't cause an increase in tolerance after daily use/abuse which, in turn, leads to increased consumption rates and eventually the desire to find stronger products to return back to a lower consumption rate. Now you're taking in an extra-potent version of your drug of choice and you reach the point where your favorite drug starts to show you it's ugly side because you've forgotten the golden rule to long-term drug use: moderation.

Moderation and self-discipline is the only way to maintain a functional dependence. Lose sight of either of those ideals and your habit runs the risk of turning into a downward spiral. With weed, that spiral might not be so bad. Other drugs? Shit, just go to the closest open-air drug market and see for yourself.

I think you're taking a generalized substance abuse problem and localizing it to weed.

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a single substance that won't cause an increase in tolerance after daily use/abuse which, in turn, leads to increased consumption rates and eventually the desire to find stronger products to return back to a lower consumption rate. Now you're taking in an extra-potent version of your drug of choice and you reach the point where your favorite drug starts to show you it's ugly side because you've forgotten the golden rule to long-term drug use: moderation.

Moderation and self-discipline is the only way to maintain a functional dependence. Lose sight of either of those ideals and your habit runs the risk of turning into a downward spiral. With weed, that spiral might not be so bad. Other drugs? Shit, just go to the closest open-air drug market and see for yourself.
Good points. I just expressed my experience with weed because so many people seem to rave about how much better their life is since they started smoking everyday and I find that problematic. It may be better than other drugs but not a whole lot. I know when I kicked the habit after all that time I felt absolutely horrific

Good points. I just expressed my experience with weed because so many people seem to rave about how much better their life is since they started smoking everyday and I find that problematic. It may be better than other drugs but not a whole lot. I know when I kicked the habit after all that time I felt absolutely horrific

Absolutely, man, I understand that wholeheartedly.

I don't want to get into "But it's not as bad as heroin!" because that's not what I meant. I meant that weed is generally harmless, but every now and then you'll run into a person in real life and here on Bluelight who goes absolutely batshit insane when they can't get high. For those people, quitting a weed habit is just as mentally debilitating as an opiate-addict being forced to cold turkey.

Where the two simply don't compare, however, is in terms of physical withdrawal symptoms.

Absolutely, man, I understand that wholeheartedly.

I don't want to get into "But it's not as bad as heroin!" because that's not what I meant. I meant that weed is generally harmless, but every now and then you'll run into a person in real life and here on Bluelight who goes absolutely batshit insane when they can't get high. For those people, quitting a weed habit is just as mentally debilitating as an opiate-addict being forced to cold turkey.

Where the two simply don't compare, however, is in terms of physical withdrawal symptoms.
Correct. The worst thing for me with weed withdrawal is the mental.

Yes that’s possible but I’d argue even with bud you can go down the rabbit hole if you smoke daily. The gram a day habit becomes an eighth which then becomes a quarter, etc

yea some ppl might end up like that....im always good with a couple rips - i call them attitude adjustments - ive never smoked an eighth a day - and im a grower with an unlimited supply so i can smoke my brains out if i wanna and i still don't

i can't get too ripped everyday - i got shit to do

it has it's pitfalls for sure - but of all the drugs out there, it is the only one that most people can get away with doing everyday....you don't need detox for it and you don't need rehab....maybe some ppl do but it's pretty uncommon

all i'll say is, if you feel like it's having a negative impact, then stop

once you start taking regular breaks from a daily habit, you know the drill and it's easier to do

i get a couple days of irritability and about a week of shitty sleep when i take breaks - but im aware of it - ya gotta train the brain

im on a break right now so your getting live coverage :)

yea some ppl might end up like that....im always good with a couple rips - i call them attitude adjustments - ive never smoked an eighth a day - and im a grower with an unlimited supply so i can smoke my brains out if i wanna and i still don't

i can't get too ripped everyday - i got shit to do

it has it's pitfalls for sure - but of all the drugs out there, it is the only one that most people can get away with doing everyday....you don't need detox for it and you don't need rehab....maybe some ppl do but it's pretty uncommon

all i'll say is, if you feel like it's having a negative impact, then stop

once you start taking regular breaks from a daily habit, you know the drill and it's easier to do

i get a couple days of irritability and about a week of shitty sleep when i take breaks - but im aware of it - ya gotta train the brain

im on a break right now so your getting live coverage :)
Good to hear you have some self control. In my experience the people who smoke everyday more often than not escalate to smoking like a chimney, not all but enough. I understand it’s different for everyone, just expressing my observations. Weed is probably better than most other drugs sure, but still has pitfalls if you use it everyday, as would anything else.

I only use now when need to medicinally, still usually 5 days weekly though but usually only after 8pm

Smoked for over 35 years...never an issue with having 1/2/3/4 days off, still reasonably low tolerance although it varies, and use hash / flower / concentrates on a needs must basis

Just had a dab of rosin at 6.40pm...lovely! Probably 25mg-ish. Bit early for me but hey - it's Sunday :)

IME and from what I've learnt from others is that using dab concentrates severely raises your tolerance for flower until one is nearly immune to regular flower and has to smoke tons more just to get off. That's when the problems can start.

I was a daily bud smoker for over 10 years with professional jobs where I couldn't smoke before work or during the day but I'd spark up the second I got home and keep a steady buzz straight till bedtime. OP, I'd say it's the dab that is your enemy here. Quit that and maybe flower too, let your brain recalibrate and your tolerance sink, then slowly start again with only flower. I only hit the dab once or twice a year as a special occasion mainly because I don't want to become immune to regular weed. Like has already been stated in this thread, know your limits and moderation is key.

Dramatically raising and lowering THC levels seems to have the worst side effects and potential for abuse in my experience. One can easily change the peak THC levels by changing their method of consumption. Obviously dabbing concentrates is one of the easiest ways to spike the fuck out of your THC levels, whereas smoking a joint has a much lower ceiling of effect and much more gentle come down.

THC levels can also easily vary with flower, not just concentrates. For example, smoking a bong will get your THC levels higher than if you had smoked a joint. This also means that your come-down is a lot more harsh. The drastic increase and decrease in THC blood levels can cause dependency and addiction issues quickly for some people. Once I discovered how much higher I got with bongs, I stopped smoking chillums. Once I discovered how much higher I got with dabs, I stopped smoking bongs. It was a nasty cycle.

I stopped smoking and dabbing all together and now only eat THC. My THC levels don't spike nearly as quickly and the come down is near non-existent. I essentially get to keep all the medical benefits but lose most of the fiend-y light me up again feeling that used to occur multiple times a day.

Regular using of weed could led to some kind mental addiction,which is not strong and withdrawl are minimal ,if all present.Consumation of product consist of synth.canabinoid could led to bad consequences at some people,more pronounced withdrawl after cessation.Highly concentrated waxes and resin also raises tolerance and are unproper for everyday using.Even smoking ordinary weed everyday without breaks led to some kind of desinsibilisation.That's for me.