• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why do we dope fiends shower so rarely?

this does feel good but a shitload of ppl have died this way when they would’ve just woken up on the floor 10 minutes later instead. Like they didn’t OD but just nodded out under water

Ya gotta watch it. Better off just having a shower really

Whitney Houston's death was partially attributed to hot bath water. I saw this show on celebrity autopsies on Reelz tv channel a couple of years ago. Something about hot bath water and blood rushing down and her fainting and drowning. She had drugs in her I believe but not enough to kill her; they with the hot bath water, passing out, hitting her head and drowning.

Last edited:
Unless somebody's on the streets totally strung out to the point where personal hygiene isn't something you care about anymore, I never understood that. I've heard the thing about how opiate use apparently makes you dislike the physical sensation of water on your skin; I wonder if that reaction has some genetic component because it certainly never happened to me, and I can't relate to the idea at all.

I love water and I never liked feeling sticky or dirty. When I had no access to shower facilities I'd try to find public ones. I enjoy showering no matter my level of use, and if I'm withdrawing prolonged hot showers are practically a necessity.

not considering homeless and other degraded circumstances, from my experience with heroin or other strong opiate you don't sweat much or at all (unless you work or do phisical activity), add that to the unpleasant feeling of water on the skin (I really couldn't stand it) and you rarely want to take full showers!
I'm glad people are talking about this. After 13 years of being 99.9% off of opiates, I never recovered from this. To this day I have to force myself into the tub and it feels like torture. I thought this was just me. I'm hoping to find some good resolutions to this issue, so I look forward to reading all of the comments.

I recently saw an interview with William S. Burrhoughs, and when he said that we don't shower I couldn't help but chuckle because it is so true. But why is that? Why do we neglect ourselves so much while on the dope?

It also leads to awful clothing choices

I recently saw an interview with William S. Burrhoughs, and when he said that we don't shower I couldn't help but chuckle because it is so true. But why is that? Why do we neglect ourselves so much while on the dope?

Hi! I am different I admit, but I showered multiple times daily at the height of my use. I still use, but am getting old, so try moderation. (It doesn't work) I also have Gulf War Illness, and my skin itches constantly....

My using is a secret so i have to keep up appearances
same, sorta. I just live waaaaay out in the desert, and nobody comes out here, so I could just let it all hang out, but I have a tendency to go to extremes, and so try and not wild out on purpose.

You into guns
I am into lots of things. A few years ago, the BATF-E robbed me of a collection of very nice handguns, kidnapped me, kept me hostage for a year, then came around for the next three years (a year and a day in prison, 36 months supervised release). I will tell you what I kept telling them: it's a big desert out there; but I know a guy, who knows a guy, who said the federal government would give you a shovel.....

And i do yoga daily, can't stand the sweaty feeling
Dang I neeeeeeed yoga in my life! It would have to be gimp yoga, like the VA keeps trying to get me to go to, it just ain't as cool as regular yoga.

I am into lots of things. A few years ago, the BATF-E robbed me of a collection of very nice handguns, kidnapped me, kept me hostage for a year, then came around for the next three years (a year and a day in prison, 36 months supervised release). I will tell you what I kept telling them: it's a big desert out there; but I know a guy, who knows a guy, who said the federal government would give you a shovel.....
What, I was just going to say it must be nice to go out into the desert and get in some target practice without the hassel of going to the gun range and paying the fees and dealing with the bullshit of the dicks that work at these gun ranges aound where I live.
Why the hell would they take your handguns? Then lock you up, and put you on probation?
The desert is the perfect place to shoot and not have to hear only one shot per second. Also no bringing in loaded magazines because the cops could stop you and wonder what the hell are doing with loaded mags and other bullshit. They do that so you sit there wasting time and money.
Oops, sorry didn't realize you were the victim of the Federal government. After serving our country. Sorry to hear about the unconstitutional theft of your guns, rights and freedom.

I kicked in the psych ward with not even loperamide. Id imagine thats similar

The psych ward here, well, the one in Asheville where I was adamantly welcome for nine days lol, they kept you medicated. I had switched to bupe and was buying on the street when I got committed. Told them as much, told them what I was taking daily and they titrated me up to that over a couple days. This was recently, this year. But yeah, walked out of there with a prescription and a referral to a free community clinic that actually did take homes off rip for suboxone, instead of daily dosing. It's far from perfect and not the permanent state they try to push it as, but it is getting easier to do a more practical MAT in some areas.

The whole time in the psych ward, though, minus the first day, I got 4mg sub twice a day, hydroxyzine, ibuprofen and prn nicotine gum.

Masturbation is not a work out
Nah it definitely is. See what I do is one week 1 I have 3 jerk sessions, each session is 2 sets of 15 chicken chokes while alternating hands. Next week I add a 2.5 weighted wrist band to each wrist and go up to 3 sets of 15. Week after that is 5 pounds at 4 sets and then the last week of the meso I deload by only jerkin the gerkin with no added weight and 1 set of 8 for the first two days and 1 set of 4 on the last day, then next meso I start over and increase the weight and reps slightly. Its progressive overload dude get with the program

You can even switch things up by adding resistance bands or chains to change the force curve and if you do it right you'll get better stimulus for building strength