• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why do we dope fiends shower so rarely?

Maybe just me wake up smoke some heroin back to sleep for hour then wake up do banger line of coke put music in shower and have good shower dry of smoke some her5oin

not considering homeless and other degraded circumstances, from my experience with heroin or other strong opiate you don't sweat much or at all (unless you work or do phisical activity), add that to the unpleasant feeling of water on the skin (I really couldn't stand it) and you rarely want to take full showers!

Ya i think it's a weird stereotype. From what ive seen us junkies are no dirtier then anyone else. Ive been to the psych ward and jail so i know dirt lol.I take a shower every second day usually in the winter after i work out. If it's summer i shower everyday. Also there are few things nicer then having a shot of morphine and taking a nice hot bubble bath or a really hot shower. Just don't nod off in the bath tub

The dirtiest motherfucker i have ever seen was a guy who didnt use anything. He was a ex coke head but it had been like a decade since he had used it. He was a room mate of my ex gf and me and not only did he not shower but he had 3 cats and only used 1 litterbox which he cleaned every 2 weeks. Honestly just thinking about that now makes me wanna puke

When I was at my worst I didn't shower often because I just didn't care, was so spun out all the time I didn't even think about it. It got so bad lol I'd come down off the mountain from a week or two long cooking run and go take a shower, I'd have so much residual lye on and in me I swear my skin would damn near lather itself. 🤣

Also, no idea if there's any scientific basis for this, but during hardcore opioid addiction, especially heroin, I always felt like showering while dopesick made my withdrawal worse?

I'm a very clean person now lol, if messy. Shower at least once a day.

When I was at my worst I didn't shower often because I just didn't care, was so spun out all the time I didn't even think about it. It got so bad lol I'd come down off the mountain from a week or two long cooking run and go take a shower, I'd have so much residual lye on and in me I swear my skin would damn near lather itself. 🤣

Also, no idea if there's any scientific basis for this, but during hardcore opioid addiction, especially heroin, I always felt like showering while dopesick made my withdrawal worse?

I'm a very clean person now lol, if messy. Shower at least once a day.

I always found that a hot bath or shower helped some opiate wd symptoms like sore muscles and shit. Atleast it did back when i used to get dopesick

I always found that a hot bath or shower helped some opiate wd symptoms like sore muscles and shit. Atleast it did back when i used to get dopesick

Yeah, I could see that. For me and a few people I knew, it was like the hot water opened and cleansed the pores and cleared the way for more dermatological excretion. Again, purely anecdotal, not scientific, just how I felt. All I knew was that, upon going to jail and being forcefully cold turkeyed off a 20+ bag a day heroin habit, as I got sicker the whole cell reeked of vinegar as I detoxed. Maybe the shower didn't facilitate excretion like I'm saying, but the whole time in there and immediately after I'd feel so much more acutely aware of how bad I felt.

Glad that shit's in the past.

I can't imagine kicking in jail