• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Why do I prefer smoking mexican schwag over buds?

Steroids

Bluelighter
I have access to very high quality buds, hash oil, wax ect. But I miss the mexican dirt weed schwag that I used to get in my late teens. The schwag that has seeds and stems and is compressed together like it was broken off from a block when it was transported here.

Sativa is what it is, and when I go to medical shop to get sativa they still give me buds that are sativa...They don't have the schwag lol.

The schwag made me high and energetic, where as the buds nowadays make me high, paranoid and lazy (higher thc levels).

Does anyone else prefer the mexican schwag? lol i'll probably be the 1% of people who do.

Nope, never will go back. After finding a spiders nest buried inside a nug, and still smoking it....never going back.

fuck schwag yo ive smoked so much weed in the last year an a half since I started only tried mids like a few times and not by choice and hated everything about them lol they taste nasty an are super weak, loud only meng. If you are having an uncomfortable high then try changing up the strains and the amounts you smoke maybe?

I love dirt weed, especially in edibles and vaporizers. I hade the opposite effect, dirt weed gets me super stoned and sleepy. Sucks that it's basically extinct

Might be a nostalgia thing, not sure. Any time I have had the displeasure of smoking schwag I would just get a headache and nothing else.

I know old heads who prefer smoking Central American schwag and mid-grade since it's not as strong as high quality herb, oil, etc.

I don't use cannabis at all now, and haven't for a long time. But when I did I would use the highest quality stuff I could find so I would have to smoke less of it.

I actually loved the psychedelic effects of Sativas or Indica/Sativa hybrids.

Last edited:
I like hash, high quality sativas and occasionally indicas like most people but every once in a while I miss the more laid back high i used to get off what we'd call "mids" or "mersh". that type of weed was good for joints (since I always feel like I am wasting super strong buds when I roll them up) and some of it was quite euphoric but didn't hit you nearly as hard.

It's all nostolgia, amoked some the other day and after dabbing through an eighth a week I can say that joint didn't do shit for me, and it tasted bad. Not for me.

I like schwag too. The high potency shit these days f-ing blazes you, I like to be able to smoke a whole joint and still be able to operate a remote control. :)

15 years ago, ( my early 20's) I would prefer kind bud. Nowadays, that stuff makes me super paranoid and depressed; I've even passed out.. from buds! I smoke only occasionally now. When I do, I try to find a slightly less potent bud.. seems to be nearly impossible though! Maybe it's nostalgia. I dunno, maybe I'm just getting old!

I have access to very high quality buds, hash oil, wax ect. But I miss the mexican dirt weed schwag that I used to get in my late teens. The schwag that has seeds and stems and is compressed together like it was broken off from a block when it was transported here.

Sativa is what it is, and when I go to medical shop to get sativa they still give me buds that are sativa...They don't have the schwag lol.

The schwag made me high and energetic, where as the buds nowadays make me high, paranoid and lazy (higher thc levels).

Does anyone else prefer the mexican schwag? lol i'll probably be the 1% of people who do.

IME I've never seen an "A++" type sativa that was actually pure sativa, there's too much hybridization going on for the sake of profit. It sorta sounds like you're romanticizing though because typically more cerebral pure sativas (the type that make you high and energetic) are very paranoia-inducing as well. If you have access to legal buds I would recommend asking for Jack Herer, it's been a popular hybrid for years and generally steers towards a clear and energetic high.

A few people have expressed this opinion to me. Mostly older folks who aren't so much into the "high octane" stuff that predominates nowadays.

My mother for example prefers to smoke mids, if she smokes really strong marijuana she complains that it gives her anxiety/insomnia.

I love the dank. But old fashioned swchag has its place. It goes well with a summer night.... just gotta keep hittin it.

I've only had truly dirt weed a few times in my life. And the shit barely got me high when I was a teenager haha and I remember it tasted nasty as fuck, even in a blunt, and seeds would pop and taste even worse. I don't miss schwag or mids, if it's not dank I don't even want to smoke it.

I never thought I'd hear someone say they prefer schwag to proper bud. Learn something new everyday.

I'll chime in here since I have some experience in this matter. I used to smoke weed from the late 60s to the late 80s. Back then it was mostly all from Mexico/Central America and mostly started out as bricks. Quite a variety actually with different names and varieties grown from different places. We always looked forward to see what the next batch would be like.....flavor/high differences. Weed from those times was Sativa and I imagine the Indica started coming in later. Anyway during the 20+ years I smoked it everyday, it was always plenty good enough for me (in fact I was actually quite fond of it). Back then the actual smoking of the weed was just as important as the high for the social aspect of it. Weed then started out at $10 for a "lid" which is an ounce. Yeah those were the days. Fire up a joint to pass around between a few, finish and light another one and another as the day/night went on, having a good old time. That's how it went, you could smoke many joints over a day or evening. We just called it Mexican weed. Now it's called dirt weed when the weed here started getting to oxycontin strength. Mexican dirt weed is now looked down upon by a lot of modern potheads. I quit smoking weed for over 20 years and then decided I might like to catch a buzz every now and then in my old age, a la Willie Nelson. Tried the weed out now and it was so strong I couldn't hang with smoking it anymore. The high I was getting back then (Mexican weed) was nothing like the high I got off this super shit. I use to get a mellow high, laugh a lot, trip out on lot of shit and be happy. This weed now didn't give me any of those things. All it did was blow the top of my head off, turn me into a zombie, and all I could think about was how long do I have to wait before it wears off. With weaker weed like the Mexican weed you can smoke much more of it so it's easier to dial in your high to get it right where you want it. With the modern weed, the difference between just 3 hits are, 1 (damn) 2 (oh shit), 3 (fuck me I wanna go home), I need those nice slow baby jumps and have a lot of them in between. For the modern stoner, stronger seems to be always better but for me it doesn't work out that way with my body. So yeah, I'd love to get my hands on some Mexican weed so could smoke weed like I did in the old days. During those twenty+ years I took off from smoking weed, weed just passed me by big time. Not any semblance to how it used to be. I used to be an old hippie pot smoker from the past who prided myself as being able to smoke as much or more dope as the next guy. Now I'm just an old Marijuana Wuss. Willie Nelson would be ashamed of me I'm sure. My old days of venturing into the black market are long gone so I'll probably never be able to pick up any unless I got lucky and bumped into a guy who knows a guy kind of thing. Unfortunately for me that's about the only way I'm going to be able smoke weed again. I've tried to venture in a few times to the new but the result is always the same. I wuss out every time. Frankly I don't know how you stoners do it. You think it's easy to be a wuss? Only my wife can call me that and get away with it.

Last edited:
The schwag (they used to call it mid-grade in MA) was decent I wouldn't know where the hell to get it now, haven't smoked that shit in like 10 years so maybe it did the job cuz I was around 18 with that much less dank burnt over my life.

I used to smoke a decent amount of Mexican brick back in 2010-2012 or so. It was fun stuff, could smoke blunts/joints all day and not feel wasteful for doing so. Rolling became a hobby. I could get it so cheap that I could smoke as much as I liked. Did find a centipede in an ounce bag one time though, that was of course disturbing... made for okay edibles when done right. Some was better than others, I could be real impressed or real disgusted. These days I only smoke dank or concentrates, but that's mostly because of availability. I'd give brick weed another go.

Hey man, $30 ounces ain't anything to scoff at.

Last edited: