• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Why America Is the Only Place in the World Where People Use PCP

this is probably incriminating but people will probably call bullshit anyway

a few years ago I actually used to whip up small batches of artisanal PCP using a rather elegant grignard synthesis. my good buddy did some of it and ended up getting urine tested for a methadone clinic and it made the doctor do a double take reading the results

was pretty good shit too but I never really smoked it much, personally I would just plug it. could also work orally or IM/IV.

couldn't sell it for love nor money though. people looked at me funny when i mentioned it was one of my all time favourites.

this is probably incriminating but people will probably call bullshit anyway

a few years ago I actually used to whip up small batches of artisanal PCP using a rather elegant grignard synthesis. my good buddy did some of it and ended up getting urine tested for a methadone clinic and it made the doctor do a double take reading the results

was pretty good shit too but I never really smoked it much, personally I would just plug it. could also work orally or IM/IV.

couldn't sell it for love nor money though. people looked at me funny when i mentioned it was one of my all time favourites.
I just looked up gringard synthesis. I dont want specifics as I'm pretty sure exact instructions are not allowed in the neuroscience and pharmacology forum and therefore here.. so something like what I just PMd you?

grignard reagent uses Magnesium to form a MgBr bond in ether or THF that you can put on substitute with various nucleophiles. I tried one to put on a phosphine. Never cleaned those reaction mixtures.

grignard reagent uses Magnesium to form a MgBr bond in ether or THF that you can put on substitute with various nucleophiles. I tried one to put on a phosphine. Never cleaned those reaction mixtures.
OT, but I gotta ask ions - do you have a degree in chemistry or something similar? You seem to have wide knowledge about this stuff.

On topic: I'm so jealous that PCP is prevalent in the US. I've never seen or heard about it here, and probably never will.

Gangbangers is a borderline racist term, and can be extremely depending on the context.
Just out of curiosity, how is 'gangbangers' a racist term? I knew it was a bit derogatory and facetious, but I've never thought of it as racist.

A long ways back when I was about 19, I met up with a friend who'd been expelled from our high school at a party, and he proceeded to evangelize me on the glories of "wet." In his opinion, only black people had to fear the dangerous negative effects (or the superhuman positive effects, I suppose). For white people, PCP was just a relaxing high, like weed but better, nothing to fear. (I couldn't tell you what he thought Latinos should expect from the stuff, let alone Asians etc.)

Even though his PCP use seemed hardcore at the time, in retrospect it makes me a little nostalgic for the innocence of the early 2000s... when being an "E-tard" was of great concern and Erowid was kickstarting the "Robotripping" boom... that time before a chunk of my generation (including me) was sliced off by opiates (the best drug, objectively speaking LOL) -- some never to return, others to degenerate, others to find their HP in the BB and work at the rehabs they attended...

Anyways, other places have their idiosyncrasies too. Like why do they bother pressing Captagon tablets into this day and age, when they could just have amphetamine sulfate (with or without theophylline) in powder form? As the Fiddler on the Roof says, "TRADITION..." Or "Morphia" ("marfia"?) tablets in Pakistan -- a form of water-soluble heroin #4 pressed into tablets for injection. But the US had some weird ones -- "Ts and Blues" (pentazocine and tripelennamine), "Dors and 4s" (glutethimide and codeine/APAP), MDA starting in the late 60s.

And yes, it has to be admitted that the US has always been a dope-loving nation, even 100 years ago or 120 years ago, when we had way more morphinists and cokies per capita than the European nations or Canada, more opiate addicts than anywhere except China (where the mild opium smoking habit was dominant, not the heavy duty hypodermic morphine/cocaine habit as in late 19th c. US).

You could play pop psychoanalyst, say it's decompensation for puritanical norms, or say it's laissez-faire capitalism run amok, or the terrible results of failed prohibition policies. But at the end of the day, who knows? Maybe it's' just "national character" (as un-PC as that is): a taste for excess in all its forms -- Hollywood, skyscrapers, amusements, junk food, drugs, etc. -- only surpassedb by our taste for hypocrisy. (Which makes it especially irritating to see these charlatans heaping righteous scorn on Big Pharma -- come on, you knew that Oxycontin was not fucking aspirin; it just felt good, so you did it -- I am in 100% agreement on that assesment.

What makes you think that PCP is only used by people in the US? Nowadays, someone interested in trying it could just order it off the dark web, regardless of the country they're from. Perhaps, the popularity of it is a bit lower in some areas than others. However, most people know about it these days. So, I'm sure some people in the UK, Canada, etc. use it. As for why it's more common in the US, who knows? If this is really the case, then maybe it's because a certain subculture caused people to become interested in it when they wouldn't otherwise.

What makes you think that PCP is only used by people in the US? Nowadays, someone interested in trying it could just order it off the dark web, regardless of the country they're from. Perhaps, the popularity of it is a bit lower in some areas than others. However, most people know about it these days. So, I'm sure some people in the UK, Canada, etc. use it. As for why it's more common in the US, who knows? If this is really the case, then maybe it's because a certain subculture caused people to become interested in it when they wouldn't otherwise.
I'm still not convinced that it's as popular here now as it was in the late seventies and early eighties (Ever seen the Rudy Ray Moore film Disco Godfather 1979? It's all about pcp).

Surely it retains a legendary status but I've still never encountered anything other than analogs from the internet.

Man this thread gives me a semi every time

I absolutely NEED to try this drug I've wanted to for so many years.
Never heard of anyone having the real stuff here in UK. Just the 3/4-meo versions back when we could still get RCs... Can't even get them now.

I absolutely NEED to try this drug I've wanted to for so many years.
I fully understand the desire to sample every psychoactive substance that exists. I've been doing that for 55 years. One of my mottos is "I'll try anything twice--- three times if I like it."

But I assure you that PCP is neither as good nor as bad as you've been led to believe. Back in the '70s I did it a dozen or so times. I've smoked it, snorted it, and swallowed caps of it. I've been present with people shooting it.

At its best the PCP experience is pleasant but in a weird way. Hard to describe, but I'll try: Imagine smoking really strong bud after ingesting a small amount of shrooms, a few lines of coke, and a couple Xanax bars. Now imagine that all these highs are battling each other in an effort to dominate your mind and body. It's interesting.

My only bad experience was a feeling of intense paranoia and a fear that I'd never come down. It was pretty scary but not catastrophic. However, I saw friends of mine totally flip out on the stuff. Jabbering utter nonsense for 3 or 4 hours, not knowing who or where they were, intense fits of crying.

I love drugs. I use a variety of them, but there are a few that I have no desire to ever take again. PCP is near the top of that list.

Imagine smoking really strong bud after ingesting a small amount of shrooms, a few lines of coke, and a couple Xanax bars. Now imagine that all these highs are battling each other in an effort to dominate your mind and body. It's interesting.
Sounds great. Can you personally compare it to ketamine or mxe?
I love drugs. I use a variety of them, but there are a few that I have no desire to ever take again. PCP is near the top of that list.
Fair enough, i feel that way about certain drugs, like some of the cathinone stimulants that were about after the meph craze.... I like your motto too 👍

Angel dust, I don't know why anyone would want to take that shit, that makes you psychotic and abnormal strength, what kind of fun is that getting high?
I’d guess that people don’t experience just those things alone, or even at all, most of the time.

Sounds great. Can you personally compare it to ketamine or mxe?
I can't because those are drugs I've never tried. Never been in a situation where they were offered/readily available or I probably would have. Never was really motivated to seek them out.

I'm 62 years old so my drug tastes are pretty "old school".....weed, shrooms, acid, coke, meth, any opiate/opioid, alcohol, tobacco, coffee. Used to do barbiturates and benzodiazepines too but nearly died on them a couple times, so.... no thank you.

I can compare 3/4-meo-pcp directly to ketamine and methoxetamine and it's like apples and oranges. I found K and MXE more uniform in effects. Also far more euphoric in every way. They have a euphoric sparkle that is absent in the pcp analogues that I have tried (which are not that different from REALLY high dose dxm).

With 3/4-meo-pcp it could go either way. 4-meo-pcp is very sedating and trippy. 3-meo-pcp can be very intense. I never got manic or agitated or aggressive on any of them. It's more likely that you'll be too fucked up to move around all that much if you dose like me.

The whole class of drugs was developed as surgical anesthetics and in my experience all tend to be primarily sedating and amnesia inducing.

I took a massive overdose of 3-meo-pcp once bc I was already high on it and wanted to find a dose that was a hole. Woke up two hours later in the hospital. Apparently I had a whole bunch of seizures. Not cool.

I agree it feels like a strange combination of drugs fighting to overpower each other. It doesn't really work for that reason. I mean it's not the great feeling combo you hoped for, yet it's not bad. Very hard to explain. I would do it again but don't really seek it out.

I’d guess that people don’t experience just those things alone, or even at all, most of the time.

idk yo, you saw those type of drugs krokodil whatever name they're been given, mf went the avengers. Scary in a way, if it modifies the DNA this much it means even that teleportation is possible

3-meo-pcp is actually very very similar to pcp in terms of effects and pharmacology.

PCP Is, LIKE, beyond bad 4 U.

somehow I doubt it. I've done too damn much PCP (and analogs) yet somehow seem just fine.

pcp is actually one of the best painkillers ever invented. it makes morphine look like a tylenol. I had severe third degree burns all up and down my legs so I would know.

in terms of physical safety it's actually quite safe. it was used as an anesthetic for surgery quite successfully. it's just the mental aspect that can be concerning. if you are'n't expecting the effects then you can get quite freaked out.

I can compare 3/4-meo-pcp directly to ketamine and methoxetamine and it's like apples and oranges. I found K and MXE more uniform in effects. Also far more euphoric in every way. They have a euphoric sparkle that is absent in the pcp analogues that I have tried (which are not that different from REALLY high dose dxm).

With 3/4-meo-pcp it could go either way. 4-meo-pcp is very sedating and trippy. 3-meo-pcp can be very intense. I never got manic or agitated or aggressive on any of them. It's more likely that you'll be too fucked up to move around all that much if you dose like me.

Really liked 4-meo-pcp very sedating+dreamy and allot more visual than k and mxe; the visuals were sort of like the anomalies from the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games and this was before I played them so it wasn't like the effects were being triggered by memories.
Had some rather interesting experiences smoking 4-aco-det+nn-dmt in the shower while on 4-meo-pcp but for HR reasons I'd highly advice against getting incapacitated on dissociatives while laying alone in a body of water.

Dust is a lot like K at lower doses, but a lot different on high doses....you can definitely walk better on Dust than K....you're definitely a little more wild....ive never over done it on dust but ive seen a few ppl over do it and it isn't pretty - it's a bad trip - K you're just stuck and can barely move when you slip into a k-hole - you're pretty much harmless....ppl go apeshit on dust

i was at a house party one time, and saw one dude dusted who was going apeshit, get punched in the head with brass knuckles and he didn't even acknowledge it

so yea im sure it's great for pain :laughing: