• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Why America Is the Only Place in the World Where People Use PCP

To my knowledge there is a secret "street recipe" that spread in California? that today is still mostly unknown to your typical clandestine chemist?

IDK just going off that hamilton episode xD

I am white and used to walk around Camden all the time. I have a white friend with a mixed son and she just moved to Camden. There are some ok areas but I believe the entire city is predominantly black. The ciry had the highest murder rate in the country some years back and they have done a lot to change the police force there and lower crime. It all depends on where you go, why you go there and what time of day it is. I was too afraid to go down there and cop drugs at night time but my cousin was going there damn near every night but hes 6ft big dude. No gangbangers ever messed with either of us as long as we didnt mess w them. A junkie tried to rob my cousin once by hitting him over the head w a wrench but my cousin had a maglite flash light and knocked the dude out.
Sounds pretty fucking crazy man.

Be a little mindful with terms like gangbangers and junkies and stuff alright? i understand your just talking and its perfectly fine, thats what you guys call them. I wouldnt really care much if we were face to face but I want to encourage some positive discussion here. Gangbangers is a borderline racist term, and can be extremely depending on the context.

Junkie, many of us suffer addictions man. That person sounds like he/she did something pretty hasty and screwed up but just try to be a little more positive here okay? Youre there in that situation with the violence as well. Regularly.

The language we use does have an impact on how we feel about ourselves. Whenever I think junkie or addict I feel like Im reducing myself to my lowest point, and marginalizing myself.

Food for thought. Im not trying to be any trouble for you just some advice. I dont want this discussion on PCP to degenerate into gang violence either.

Sounds pretty fucking crazy man.

Be a little mindful with terms like gangbangers and junkies and stuff alright? i understand your just talking and its perfectly fine, thats what you guys call them. I wouldnt really care much if we were face to face but I want to encourage some positive discussion here. Gangbangers is a borderline racist term, and can be extremely depending on the context.

Junkie, many of us suffer addictions man. That person sounds like he/she did something pretty hasty and screwed up but just try to be a little more positive here okay? Youre there in that situation with the violence as well. Regularly.

The language we use does have an impact on how we feel about ourselves. Whenever I think junkie or addict I feel like Im reducing myself to my lowest point, and marginalizing myself.

Food for thought. Im not trying to be any trouble for you just some advice. I dont want this discussion on PCP to degenerate into gang violence either.
There was many racist comments in this thread such as "its safe if its a white neighborhood" (looking at you @LordOfThisWorld ) but how is the term gangbanger slightly racist ?

Yeah I'm white but on section 8 . I'm the only white guy on the block... lol the most murders in the state happen within a couple miles of my home. We're over 100 gunshot homicides this year so far.

Yeah I'm white but on section 8 . I'm the only white guy on the block... lol the most murders in the state happen within a couple miles of my home. We're over 100 gunshot homicides this year so far.
Thats horrible man. I lived in a community with some gang violence and gunshots awhile back as well. Not nearly that severe but bad enough. The chems are getting really bad.

I think it's much less racist to point out/refer to the residents of camden as gang bangers than the fact that they are black *shrug* there are other 99% black communities with much less violence

I think it's much less racist to point out/refer to the residents of camden as gang bangers than the fact that they are black *shrug* there are other 99% black communities with much less violence
Agree to disagree. Saying someone is black is fine. BLM right?

I know not every black neighbourhood is wrought with violence. I dont really know much about Camden - but Im sure even there a majority are struggling with or plain against this issue rather than engaging in it. The ones you dont see when youre out copping dope. Where I am our native communities are pretty rough. A lot of shit happens, but I think theyre good people. Ive spent a lot of time with them.

Does Camden have any PCP you guys have heard of?

There was many racist comments in this thread such as "its safe if its a white neighborhood" (looking at you @LordOfThisWorld ) but how is the term gangbanger slightly racist ?
I don't think I used the term gangbanger, if I did, there are White gangbangers too, and Hispanic, not just Black. So I don't know what you are trying to get at..

I've been in Camden city a couple of times, I wasn't afraid to drive through there, the section I was from in Newark was hailed the worst at the time, so I knew how to handle myself.

I knew a guy back in the day that use to live there and he told me he couldn't veer off, of the block he lived on, since then he moved because the murder rate and gangs where becoming too overwhelming, this was over 10 years ago and it's gotten worse since.

They a beautiful Aquarium in Camden and also an arena where they have events such as concerts and so forth which I've been to.

As far as Angel Dust goes I don't even think they have that there anymore, I still go back to my old neighborhood in Newark to reminisce, there is a saying we use you can take the boy out of Newark but you can't take Newark out of the boy.

@LordOfThisWorld its okay I think your post was fine. It sucks but it is an experience youve had so Im fine with it. There any PCP there?
I lived it brother, like I said I was from the worst part of Newark, had many black friends there too, I use to go to my friends house to watch boxing matches on pay per view back in the day, mostly Mike Tyson and Riddick Bowe matches. I was the only White guy there in his house, he considered me his brother, we became that good of friends and I could walk the street like I owned it he said, because he was known in those parts, and I'd have no problem, and if anyone ever fucked with me in or out of Newark just to let him know. So no there was no racism meant in my posts, I was just explaining to simstim being he said his ex moved to Camden, which I thought was Camden City, not Camden county.

I don't think there is any Angel Dust in Camden, I may be wrong, I don't use it, but I haven't heard of anyone going there to get it, I mostly here people using that on the West Coast these days.

Im talking about literal Bloods and Latin Kings members that proudly rep that fact. I know of white, black and hispanic gang members in Camden. The corner we copped the PCP from was controlled by hispanic gangs, the dope spot a few blocks up was controlled by black gangs. I'm not racist at all and the use of the term gangbangers was not meant to characterize them in anyway other than to describe the fact they are very much literally gang members and thus participate in that lifestyle!!

As for the term junkie, sorry if it makes you feel some type of way but I refer to myself as a junkie all the time. We are what we are and it only has a negative connotation if you allow it to. What other adjective can I use to describe a guy who is strung out on crack and dope and looking to rob a stranger by running up on him and beating him over the head with a wrench? The point was to let Stim know that everyday regular citizens of Camden who dont participate in drug seeking behavior or drug use dont have much to worry about if his ex does live in Camden city with his child. Sorry if you took offense.

Whose bringing me some pcp to the uk then 😂 I'll share

I dont think my criminal record would even allow me into the usa. I'd come over specifically to score pcp if it did...

I used to use the darknet alot years ago i never saw it on there, occasionally saw 3/4meoPCP on there but at the time mxe was rife and id heard 4meo was nothing special and 3meo was kinda sketchy to someone with a disso tolerance like mine and the smallest amount to order was something like 500mg and i decided it was probably wasnt good for me to have that considering my manic behavior on mxe blackouts lol.
Probably best i never try pcp either realllllly, but still, i would love to.

Ketamine was developed as an alternative to PCP. They're chemically related.

You make crystals in the synth, but then it gets dissolved in naptha for dipping looseys. I would like to try it if I could find some crystal PCP. Seems like a wacky substance.

Im talking about literal Bloods and Latin Kings members that proudly rep that fact. I know of white, black and hispanic gang members in Camden. The corner we copped the PCP from was controlled by hispanic gangs, the dope spot a few blocks up was controlled by black gangs. I'm not racist at all and the use of the term gangbangers was not meant to characterize them in anyway other than to describe the fact they are very much literally gang members and thus participate in that lifestyle!!

As for the term junkie, sorry if it makes you feel some type of way but I refer to myself as a junkie all the time. We are what we are and it only has a negative connotation if you allow it to. What other adjective can I use to describe a guy who is strung out on crack and dope and looking to rob a stranger by running up on him and beating him over the head with a wrench? The point was to let Stim know that everyday regular citizens of Camden who dont participate in drug seeking behavior or drug use dont have much to worry about if his ex does live in Camden city with his child. Sorry if you took offense.
Its all about perspective. Your name is HatingThisLife. I get sad too and think "junkie" but no that is not what defines who I am. I do a lot more than just simply do drugs all day. I moderate a harm reduction forum and do my best to survive. I stay off the streets as much as I can and I have plenty of skills and interests outside of drugs, although that is my biggest focus right now is to work in the harm reduction field.

Local and National drug policy groups in Canada have been in contact with me or vice versa. Im in the beginning of being a part of the solution rather than living with just problems. One of the things which Ive learned about this situation is that the language we use is a part of what brings us down. I am not a junkie. I have a substance use disorder as written in the DSM-V, otherwise known as an addiction. But I wont reduce myself to "addict". Do you understand?

Im not offended by this conversation whatsoever. These are conversations which need to be had to start shifting the general consciousness we have.

Its all about perspective. Your name is HatingThisLife. I get sad too and think "junkie" but no that is not what defines who I am. I do a lot more than just simply do drugs all day. I moderate a harm reduction forum and do my best to survive. I stay off the streets as much as I can and I have plenty of skills and interests outside of drugs, although that is my biggest focus right now is to work in the harm reduction field.

Local and National drug policy groups in Canada have been in contact with me or vice versa. Im in the beginning of being a part of the solution rather than living with just problems. One of the things which Ive learned about this situation is that the language we use is a part of what brings us down. I am not a junkie. I have a substance use disorder as written in the DSM-V, otherwise known as an addiction. But I wont reduce myself to "addict". Do you understand?

Im not offended by this conversation whatsoever. These are conversations which need to be had to start shifting the general consciousness we have.
Oh, I understand. I am very much aware of language, the language I use, how it can be perceived and how it can have long term effects on people. Firstly, I said I call myself a junkie, not that I define myself as such nor reduce myself to. My handle is hating this life bc I hate vacillating between being dope sick and well. It sucks and getting addicted to heroin was the worst, stupidest thing I ever did to myself. I have plenty of interests and skills outside of drugs and Im not "in the streets" either. I work hard everyday to support not just my addiction but my family as well. I'm a Quality Engineer in the Aerospace and Defense field and work on military, defense and space contracts for complex, fabricated metallic assemblies. My coworkers would never believe I'm a heroin addict. You are 100% correct when you say its all about perception, clearly your perception of the definition of a junkie and mine are completely different. When I use junkie as an adjective it is meant as the pure dictionary definition, a drug addict, a person with a compulsive habit or obsessive dependency on something. If you are involved in harm reduction, perhaps you can forward the idea that the word junkie does not have to have a negative connotation. Obviously Im not going to say a guy with an addiction to crack and heroin as described by the DSM hit my cousin over the head with a wrench.

As for gangbanger, I understand how it is used as a racist term. Racist people are constantly referring to every non-white person, especially those that live in poorer, urban areas, as gangbangers. In this situation I also meant the pure dictionary definition of the word, these are literal gang members who proudly represent that fact.

PCP is a hell of a drug and Camden can be a very very dangerous city if you are a person with an addiction as defined by the DSM and exhibiting drug seeking behavior. It can also be an extremely dangerous city if you are a gang member. I would not recommemd going to Camden to look for PCP!

Oh, I understand. I am very much aware of language, the language I use, how it can be perceived and how it can have long term effects on people. Firstly, I said I call myself a junkie, not that I define myself as such nor reduce myself to. My handle is hating this life bc I hate vacillating between being dope sick and well. It sucks and getting addicted to heroin was the worst, stupidest thing I ever did to myself. I have plenty of interests and skills outside of drugs and Im not "in the streets" either. I work hard everyday to support not just my addiction but my family as well. I'm a Quality Engineer in the Aerospace and Defense field and work on military, defense and space contracts for complex, fabricated metallic assemblies. My coworkers would never believe I'm a heroin addict. You are 100% correct when you say its all about perception, clearly your perception of the definition of a junkie and mine are completely different. When I use junkie as an adjective it is meant as the pure dictionary definition, a drug addict, a person with a compulsive habit or obsessive dependency on something. If you are involved in harm reduction, perhaps you can forward the idea that the word junkie does not have to have a negative connotation. Obviously Im not going to say a guy with an addiction to crack and heroin as described by the DSM hit my cousin over the head with a wrench.

As for gangbanger, I understand how it is used as a racist term. Racist people are constantly referring to every non-white person, especially those that live in poorer, urban areas, as gangbangers. In this situation I also meant the pure dictionary definition of the word, these are literal gang members who proudly represent that fact.

PCP is a hell of a drug and Camden can be a very very dangerous city if you are a person with an addiction as defined by the DSM and exhibiting drug seeking behavior. It can also be an extremely dangerous city if you are a gang member. I would not recommemd going to Camden to look for PCP!
Wow you've really surprised me here. This is something that I could bring up in a circle that is directly in involvement with this new consciousness happening here in harm reduction, but I doubt it would ever convince them. The aim here, in harm reduction, is sort in inverse in that were trying to lift people up as well. You know?

The fact is, the greater blow to the stigma is to let that unrecognized official definition of the word stay by the wayside socially and address it as how its commonly used and how it affects vulnerable people. You just made me really think though. Theres lots of words which arent loaded by the word in and if itself, but by how hateful people use them. I didnt realize this was one of them.