• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs what's your top 3 Anxiolytics ?

Temazepam? Hypnotic not anxiolytic?
Temazepam is a very well-rounded benzo. It's known for its hypnotic properties but it's also a very effective anxiolytic, anticonvulsant and muscle relaxant. Absolutely nothing like zopiclone or zolpidem (which are straight up hypnotics).

To me it feels pretty much the same as Valium but with more of a warmth to it. It's actually one of the main metabolites of diazepam so this doesn't really surprise me.

Temazepam is absolutely anxiolytic, it's marketed for anxiety worldwide (not including the US).

Benzos are the obvious choice, and while they DO ease my anxiety, they also cause horrific rebound depression/anxiety for days or weeks after a few doses. So they're not really worth it. Opiates are a better all-around drug for me. They kill 3 birds with one stone--depression, anxiety and pain. Benzos don't come close to their therapeutic potential.

So I guess I'd go with these for anxiety:

1. Hydrocodone
2. Codeine
3. Methylone (social anxiety)

As for herbal remedies, Valerian root is great. Kava too, but it irritates my stomach.

Gabapentin is probably the best thing that ever happened to me. I was taking benzos out the wazoo again before the head shrinkers put me on about 2g of it a day as a mood stabilizer, but I find it really helps me with anxiety also. The other two are pregabalin and diazepam since alcohol is so terrible even though I used to love it.. avoid that stuff my friends, it's demon piss.
Agree ! Alcohol is a toxic gaba wrecking depressant

Temazepam is absolutely anxiolytic, it's marketed for anxiety worldwide (not including the US).
Yes I'm sure its very relaxing right before u go to sleep but hardly day time suitable?

how da hell can you get an anxiety relief from meth and anxiety from weed? lol Meth is highly anxiogenic.. mabe you have Heavy ADHD?

1. Heroin
2. Xanax
3. Good Blueberry Oil (Cannabis - only certain strains)

Yeah phenibut is a bitch you gotta hit only once a week or once every 2 weeks to get some fun out of it..

Ps: sorry for evident mysoginist metaphore but it was soo funny in my head.

I've gotta be honest, I LOL'd

I wouldn't consider Opioids as providing the same type of anxiolysis as Valium and other benzo's. Benzo's are great for allowing one to cope with the stressors in life. Nodding in and of consciousness after smoking/shooting half a gram of Smack is much more of an 'oblivion' type experience - stress doesn't exist when you're too numb to feel it, or indeed anything at all.

Low doses man, low doses. Like, real low. You can get a lot off an opiate before you hit the nodding stage. Dope can be very subtle and functional if you go for like, a wee dig rather than slam a bunch of wraps. I find it easier to converse with people on Heroin, I'm more confident, I'm happier. I don't know if I'd describe it as a straight-up anxiolytic, but in terms of the effects produced, it's well up there for me. But I'm talking way little doses. Less than it takes to get 'high', for me.

Edited to add:

In third place: Soma, GHB and alcohol.

Opiates are OK for anxiety (fentanyl turns me into a complete asshole though)

I can't believe I forgot G! Lovely stuff, but dosing can be a real bitch and the withdrawals are horrible if you get dependent. But then that's true of pretty much everything mentioned in this thread.

Also, curious, in what way does it make you an asshole? I had some super-strong clearly adulterated heroin ages ago, and whilst it was definitely an opiate, it made me a proper jerk. I just had no patience for anyone or anything. Everything bored me or peeved me off.

I'd say Lyrica/gabapentin and my top one is gbl for sure but in actuality the rebound anxiety can be a bitch. But I'm the positive effects are stronger than ghb and way quicker. Now in terms of benzos being the obvious anxiolytics alprazolam would be my choice

Also, curious, in what way does it make you an asshole? I had some super-strong clearly adulterated heroin ages ago, and whilst it was definitely an opiate, it made me a proper jerk. I just had no patience for anyone or anything. Everything bored me or peeved me off.
I was given it in hospital while asleep after an operation. I was really pissed off because of how dirty it felt... it had me all fucked up and groggy, but without the pleasant warmth that codeine and morphine give me. It made me extremely irritable and obnoxious.

1. Klonopin- It doesnt where off as soon as it kicks in and last a long time...kinda like the Suboxone of benzo's
2. Xanax- It will kill anxiety in it's tracks, but wears off WAY to quick. If I was getting it for anxiety I would want the 3mg time release ones.
3. Gabapentin- Kinda like benzo's, but different, it gives me energy and relaxes at the same time making conversation very easy which I have a problem with, but still would rather have klonopin or xanax as it takes care of everything I have problems with anxiety wise

Also when I have nothing and get chest pains, worry about everything, don't talk to people etc etc, if none of those are available anthihistimnes at night calm me down a little, which is better than nothing. I tried Phenibut but was let down sooo bad, all it does is makes me feel tired, it helps a little, but it just sucks to me honesly, so I have a 100 gram tub of it(probly 70-80g now though).

1.good ol beer or red wine
2.xanax doesnt last long though great for my random panic attacks
3.valium love/hate love it because it works a treat hate it due to its long half life as i enjoy a few beers nightly

Social anxiety: gabapentin, Lyrica, phenibut, kratom, kava, moderate dose of alcohol

Panic attacks: anything short acting like xanax or etizolam

Generalized anxiety (low dose)/sleepy time drugs(high dose): clonazolam, diazepam, clonazepam, any barbiturates (I'm looking at you phenobarbital)

THC is also a good anxiolytic in the right setting.

I like what you did there cuz of course the environment and the person mental health is a key to determine the key to wellbeing (I know there is lots of keys but i love the sound when they cling together). In term of psychopharmacotherapy it like every situation is unique.

Altho THC as an anxiolytic is weak when it is used alone, also it requires a precise dosage otherwise you get anxiety. Thats why there is CBD its twin brother that calms him down. The best combo of these 2 are in plant altho Sativex a med approved in US is a combo of both with a ratio of 1/1 which sounds REALLY anxiolytic.

And last think FUCK YOU . IVE been searching for barbiturates for sooo long I even considered making my own and realized im not at that stage yet :( .

Ps dont take it personnaly i say that to everyone ! who has barbiturates!