• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What's your favorite deliriant?

What's your favorite deliriant type drug? If you have more than one rank them on how much you like each one on a scale of one to ten. If you like to take them with other substances I'm curious what substances they're!

Avoid using deliriant plants. The ones that are available have dangerously varying levels of the important alkaloids in them which makes them both unreliable and much easier to accidentally overdose on. If you must, at least grind them into a powder or make a tea so that the alkaloids levels are more homogenized and then very slowly work your way up from a small dosage with every batch so that you’re familiar with its potency. But even better of a plan, just get pharmaceutical scopolamine and such instead. Pharmaceutical deliriants are better 100% of the time because at least then you know how much you’re taking.

Diphenhydramine is probably the main one worth taking if you’re going to take them at all. Almost everything else that is definitely an anticholinergic pharmaceutical only produces very weak delirium at sub-overdose dosages from what I understand. You can go completely insane on diphenhydramine on dosages that most people will not die from unless they have a sensitivity.

Don’t trust “dimenhydrinate”. It’s not a real thing. It’s literally just diphenhydramine with an additional caffeine-like molecule thrown in.

I really wonder if anybody likes doing delirants or just the side effects of some of them like euphoria seems to be the case with some people.

I did 500mg DPH once and hated it, wasn't enough to give me delirium or to see spiders but the feeling was awful and I was thankful to be able to fall asleep quickly.

There genuinely are people that like it. Some people are even addicted to it. You mostly don’t hear about it places like here because of the stigma. 420chan had a thriving deliriant community of people who pretty much only spoke positively about them.

Believe it or not, full delirium is the main way to enjoy it. You just stop noticing any negative effects and go with the flow.

Not a recommendation, by the way. Just saying.

to be honest I've never taken a deliriant but the more I think about it the more "interesting" it seems, even knowing that most of them are very very dangerous, even as serious as to cause death if one it's not lucky/very aware of how they need to be used.

Deliriants are a fascinating intellectual topic. The trips themselves usually aren’t very interesting beyond their strength though. But, there is something to be said about their strength. People who haven’t used deliriants probably don’t realize just how real drug-induced hallucinations can get, even if they’ve used every other type of drug out there. Only high dosages of stimulants are really similar and those are still less intense by comparison.

I think troparil is a slight delirant, too. At least it felt like one, very unlike any stimulant I've ever done. Was one of the few substances of which I've binned the remaining amount.

I always wanted to find a cocaine analogue that was a stimulant-deliriant hybrid like that. And then I kind of thought, “No… I don’t.”

For real, this mechanism of action combo sounds like a heart attack waiting to happen.

Do deliriants make you scam people too?

Of course, didn’t you see the scopolamine documentary?

I've only tried Diphenhydramine and
There is a deliriant called Benzydamine that's the active ingredient in Tantum Rosa, a vaginal douche. It's always interested me because from the trip reports I've read, it has deliriant effects as well as being a CNS Stimulant and it apparantely can get trippy in an almost psychedelic sense. It also possibly has cannabinoidergic effects according to a study that was done in mice. According to the same study it has reinforcing and addictive properties, which implies some sense of euphoria which ive heard people experiencing in some trip reports. Diphenhydramine and other deliriants don't typically cause any euphoria.

There’s never been any scientific evidence that benzydamine is anticholinergic, despite people calling it that. Given its reputation for being fun and kind of psychedelic in addition to deliriant as well as the cannabinoidergic effects you mention, I’m personally kind of suspicious.

If u count amanita or zolpidem id say that but they’re technically hypnotics.

I’ve taken both and they definitely do not count as deliriants in my book. I’ve drawn some comparisons between them before but that’s the extent of it.

Last edited:
Avoid using deliriant plants. The ones that are available have dangerously varying levels of the important alkaloids in them which makes them both unreliable and much easier to accidentally overdose on. If you must, at least grind them into a powder or make a tea so that the alkaloids levels are more homogenized and then very slowly work your way up from a small dosage with every batch so that you’re familiar with its potency. But even better of a plan, just get pharmaceutical scopolamine and such instead. Pharmaceutical deliriants are better 100% of the time because at least then you know how much you’re taking.

Diphenhydramine is probably the main one worth taking if you’re going to take them at all. Almost everything else that is definitely an anticholinergic pharmaceutical only produces very weak delirium at sub-overdose dosages from what I understand. You can go completely insane on diphenhydramine on dosages that most people will not die from unless they have a sensitivity.

Don’t trust “dimenhydrinate”. It’s not a real thing. It’s literally just diphenhydramine with an additional caffeine-like molecule thrown in.

There genuinely are people that like it. Some people are even addicted to it. You mostly don’t hear about it places like here because of the stigma. 420chan had a thriving deliriant community of people who pretty much only spoke positively about them.

Believe it or not, full delirium is the main way to enjoy it. You just stop noticing any negative effects and go with the flow.

Not a recommendation, by the way. Just saying.

Deliriants are a fascinating intellectual topic. The trips themselves usually aren’t very interesting beyond their strength though. But, there is something to be said about their strength. People who haven’t used deliriants probably don’t realize just how real drug-induced hallucinations can get, even if they’ve used every other type of drug out there. Only high dosages of stimulants are really similar and those are still less intense by comparison.

I always wanted to find a cocaine analogue that was a stimulant-deliriant hybrid like that. And then I kind of thought, “No… I don’t.”

For real, this mechanism of action combo sounds like a heart attack waiting to happen.

Of course, didn’t you see the scopolamine documentary?

There’s never been any scientific evidence that benzydamine is anticholinergic, despite people calling it that. Given its reputation for being fun and kind of psychedelic in addition to deliriant as well as the cannabinoidergic effects you mention, I’m personally kind of suspicious.

I’ve taken both and they definitely do not count as deliriants in my book. I’ve drawn some comparisons between them before but that’s the extent of it.
Thanks for sharing!!! 💜 Yea I was into lean, and that's what got me into taking deliriants everyday. The more I read about the antihistamines the more I realized they were anticholinergics, and I came to love them with my opioids, and benzos.

Yea I'm addicted to them.

Amanita Muscaria, although I don't consider it a deliriant some people call it that. I don't think it fits neatly in any of the common drug categories but if I had to pick one to put it in I'd probably go for dissociative, though it's nothing like ketamine or DXM.

Speaking of Doxylamine check this out...

Doxylamine is the most powerful over-the-counter sedative available in the United States, and more sedating than many prescription hypnotics. In a study, it was found to be superior to even the barbiturate, phenobarbital for use as a sedative. Doxylamine is also a potent anticholinergic.

Speaking of Doxylamine check this out...

Doxylamine is the most powerful over-the-counter sedative available in the United States, and more sedating than many prescription hypnotics. In a study, it was found to be superior to even the barbiturate, phenobarbital for use as a sedative. Doxylamine is also a potent anticholinergic.
I don't know about Doxylamine, but Benadryl is a potent sedative to me. However, it only works for a day, maybe two. You develop a tolerance to the sedative effects real quick but the antihistamine effects take longer.

Thanks for sharing!!! 💜 Yea I was into lean, and that's what got me into taking deliriants everyday. The more I read about the antihistamines the more I realized they were anticholinergics, and I came to love them with my opioids, and benzos.

No problem. Honestly that makes a lot of sense to me, it sounds easier than getting into them by themselves.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Doxylamine yet!

I was starting to move on from being familiar with that scene around the time people were starting to mention doxylamine more. I remember hearing it could produce some cool visuals although I don't know how strongly it produces full delirium compared to diphenhydramine. I'll have to look up some reports some time if it's stayed popular since then.

No problem. Honestly that makes a lot of sense to me, it sounds easier than getting into them by themselves.

I was starting to move on from being familiar with that scene around the time people were starting to mention doxylamine more. I remember hearing it could produce some cool visuals although I don't know how strongly it produces full delirium compared to diphenhydramine. I'll have to look up some reports some time if it's stayed popular since then.
Yea it seems like Diphenhydramine has more deliriant effects than Doxylamine that I notice atleast. Let me know if you find any reports please!

really? never tried that but it sounds interesting that something claimed to be a stimulant can have also some deliriant effects,
now that I think about it... if I remember well I've read something about a-php or other similar cathinone having deliriant effects at higher doses,
and I'm talking about anticholinergic effects (and affinity at those receptors), but don't take my word for it, surely the mods of Neuroscience and Pharmacology discussion know more about it.
Diphenhydramine is a delistimulant, and yes I know it's a weak one though, but they're pretty stimulating especially in higher doses. The stimulation is usually, and mostly over powered by its downer effects. Some people get more of the stimulant like effects than others.

I'll tell you who likes deliriants: blackmailers. You can bet your delirious ass that Jeffrey Epstein had big stashes of scopolamine at his island, at his ranch, other places.

Seriously though look at how scopolamine is used by criminals to get people to unwillingly empty their own bank accounts and whatnot, even though it would look as if they knew what they were doing.

I tried nutmeg as a teenager. Just remember being in a weird state for days and rewinding one little segment of a South Park episode and laughing my ass off. Could've been five minutes, five hours, maybe even 3 days - I have no clue. What I do know is that deliriants are not a class of drugs that anybody should be taking.

I'll tell you who likes deliriants: blackmailers. You can bet your delirious ass that Jeffrey Epstein had big stashes of scopolamine at his island, at his ranch, other places.

Seriously though look at how scopolamine is used by criminals to get people to unwillingly empty their own bank accounts and whatnot, even though it would look as if they knew what they were doing.

I tried nutmeg as a teenager. Just remember being in a weird state for days and rewinding one little segment of a South Park episode and laughing my ass off. Could've been five minutes, five hours, maybe even 3 days - I have no clue. What I do know is that deliriants are not a class of drugs that anybody should be taking.
I've been wanting to try Nutmeg for a minute now! How similar is it to Diphenhydramine?