• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What's your favorite deliriant?

yeah, cocaine it's a tropane alkaloid, in structure, basically.
There's different tropane alkaloids that are not deliriants, some tropane alkaloids in one of the species called Catuaba (different plants are called Catuaba) has mild stimulant-like properties

Which is why cocaine turns people into deluded fools who believe their own bullshit. Tropine (the basis of deleriants like atropine) is just ecognine (the nucleus of cocaine) with a carboxylic group removed, so of course severe cocaine intoxication is a manic deleriant. Gibbering, self obsessed fools. Not like the good old batshit crazy effect of a fuck off dose of an amphetamine based stimulant.
Cocaine makes people think they are little gods on earth, amphetamine turns people into Bader-Meinhof groups...

hey, cocaine feels wonderful, but during one of the few times I've taken coke, I caught myself in a mirror and thought, "fuck, I've turned into a cocaine mouth on a stick". I much prefer amphetamine turning me into Wolfie Smith 😁

Power to the people, smash the oppressive capitalist state, come the revolution...

Anyway, that's my theory

I have no idea why anyone would ever enjoy deliriant drugs.... go enjoy your awful pseudo psychosis.

Deliriants? Been there done that. No fucking thank you.

You want delusion? Keep asking for it. You'll be begging for your sanity back when you realize it's gone forever.

Teenager shit.
They're a lot better taken with opioids, benzos, and weed!

They're a lot better taken with opioids, benzos, and weed!
There was a time in my life where I wanted to maximize my high by taking every single substance available to me. I no longer feel this way. Leads to vague brain damage.

But nah man, I can't even deal with 25mg of DPH to sleep on a good day.

I absolutely hate that drug in any dose.

There was a time in my life where I wanted to maximize my high by taking every single substance available to me. I no longer feel this way. Leads to vague brain damage.

But nah man, I can't even deal with 25mg of DPH to sleep on a good day.

I absolutely hate that drug in any dose.
I'm on 175mg of it with 16mg Chlorpheniramine, 8mg of Subutex, 1mg Xanax, menthol cigarettes, and good weed. I feel really good, and I've been on this combo everyday for a lot of years, but it was with Promethazine instead of Diphenhydramine for a while, and should be again soon hopefully.

Thank you! Have you ever took the seeds to potentiate opioids, and/or heard of people doing it? I'm also wondering if they still work for nausea when you're on a higher dose to where you're hallucinating very hard?
Never done that, except for once, that I tried kratom just after the seeds, (for motion sickness)
it was only 4 seeds, so who knows
I do remember that it did something, it was a different kratom high, probably more sedating and nodding like, so yeah, it could be doing something.

I honestly wouldn't use high dose of tropane alkaloids if you really don't know yourself a lot, you know the plant/substance and you are in a very safe set/setting with trip sitters.. ah.. and some hospital not very far from you:rolleyes:

Which is why cocaine turns people into deluded fools who believe their own bullshit. Tropine (the basis of deleriants like atropine) is just ecognine (the nucleus of cocaine) with a carboxylic group removed, so of course severe cocaine intoxication is a manic deleriant. Gibbering, self obsessed fools. Not like the good old batshit crazy effect of a fuck off dose of an amphetamine based stimulant.
Cocaine makes people think they are little gods on earth, amphetamine turns people into Bader-Meinhof groups...

hey, cocaine feels wonderful, but during one of the few times I've taken coke, I caught myself in a mirror and thought, "fuck, I've turned into a cocaine mouth on a stick". I much prefer amphetamine turning me into Wolfie Smith 😁

Power to the people, smash the oppressive capitalist state, come the revolution...

Anyway, that's my theory

I think i would be more likely to go all red army faction if i was on coke actually. That shit completely annihilates any fear i have. i can see why in Africa there are rebel groups that use coke and gunpowder together before going into battle

I don’t know why ANYONE would have a favorite deliriant. I don’t need to be thinking that any of my drug induced hallucinations are actually real. JFC, my mind is a dark enough place.

I'm guessing that low dose Tropanes are similar/identical to antihistamines. They certainly dry you up and Scopolamine used to be in Contac allergy medicine.
Anyone tried them to potentiate opiates?

Jimson Weed is a common weed here. In the 70's people would throw some seeds into bowls sometimes. Sometimes people would refuse to hit from said bowl. 8 or 10 seeds orally was a funky high if you didn't have anything else. "Teenager shit" is a good description.
You would also read in the paper once or twice a year about someone doing a bigger dose and wandering into someone's living room naked and playing their piano and such things.

I lucked out on Jimson Weed. After a summer experimenting with lower doses, a friend and I tried a higher dose. We basically consumed a plant we had found that summer and we did what was left. Thankfully, the dose was not a huge one. We were aware of what might happen. Feeling adventurous. Being somewhat careful. ;)

We got a strong hammer to our head high which kinda felt similar to PCP. Our mouths were painfully dry with our tongues sticking to the inside. We knocked back a case of beer between us too quickly and then suffered horrible cottonmouth which water didn't fix. For teenagers, it wasn't terribly bad I guess.

However, when I went to bed, I had pastel visions of common stuff like chests of drawers etc. with eyes closed. Hmmmm, not too bad. Then, numerous times throughout the night, like every half hour, I would start up out of bed walking across the floor with my heart pounding, terrified. I never remembered what scared me. I'd always lay back down and have the innocuous pastel visions again. My ladyfriend at the time said that my friend and I were "wandering around the apartment" a lot that night.

Next day, me and my friend had a nasty hangover with badly blurred vision. We couldn't read text on a page. The burred vision went away very slowly, days or a week or more. I was wondering if had done permanent damage to my eyes.

And that was the last time I did Jimson Weed. I figure that I propped the gate to hell open a bit and peeked inside.

Jimson weed (sometimes called Moonflower) blooms in the evening, not in the day. Witches used it in their potions, anointing broomsticks with an ointment and "riding the broomstick" for mucus membrane absorption. They likely did think they were dancing with the devil.

It's a witchy plant to be around in the evening when the flowers open. Also called stinkweed, the plant stinks like garbage. In the quote from the Lord Of The Rings below, Frodo and Sam are approaching Minas Morgul, the city of the Witch King. I always pictured Jimson.

"Wide flats lay on either bank, shadowy meads filled with pale white flowers. Luminous they were too, beautiful and yet horrible of shape, like the demented forms in an uneasy dream; and they gave forth a sickening charnel-smell; an odour of rottenness filled the air. Fom mead to mead the bridge sprang."
"

Last edited:
Scopolamine used to be in Contac allergy medicine.
I think I do remember seeing scopolamine as an active ingredient in them years, and years ago when I used them for my red eyes after smoking weed a couple times. I didn't notice anything that I know of, but then again I did use to get really high off just weed alone during that time. I miss those days even though I still do get pretty damn high. Lol

I've only tried Diphenhydramine and Dimenhydrinate at delirium inducing dosages. I've done hydroxyzine and Chlorpheniramine in medical doses. Hydroxyzine is actually kind of nice for a anticholinergic drug. Nice anxiolytic effects. If going for delirium it might be one of the more pleasant options. I am unsure about it's safety, however.

I've never tried Scopolamine or atropine.

There is a deliriant called Benzydamine that's the active ingredient in Tantum Rosa, a vaginal douche. It's always interested me because from the trip reports I've read, it has deliriant effects as well as being a CNS Stimulant and it apparantely can get trippy in an almost psychedelic sense. It also possibly has cannabinoidergic effects according to a study that was done in mice. According to the same study it has reinforcing and addictive properties, which implies some sense of euphoria which ive heard people experiencing in some trip reports. Diphenhydramine and other deliriants don't typically cause any euphoria.

My personal favorite delirant would be meth or other amphetamines or pyrovalerones and sleep deprivation. I mean they're not deliriants in and of themselves, but you sure will become delirious after a few days and these days that's the only sort of delirium I'll subject myself to, and even then I try not to reach that point. Not these days. I find zero joy in paranoia and delirium.

Last edited:
They commonly used to prescribe Cogentin for the extrapyramidal symptoms associated with Thorazine (and Haldol, yadda, et all).
I used to have a friend who was schizophrenic and it was known at the hospital that smoking Cogentin gave a buzz. It's Benztropine, so that makes sense.
I've done it myself "in the day" more than a few times and it works. Not too bad for an anticholinergic and funny that it was "discovered" by the patients.
Never even thought of trying a large dose.

Last edited:
They commonly used to prescribe Cogentin for the extrapyramidal symptoms associated with Thorazine (Haldol, yadda, et all).
I used to have a friend who was schizophrenic and it was known at the hospital that smoking Cogentin gave a buzz. It's Benztropine, so that makes sense.
I've done it myself "in the day" more than a few times and it works. Not too bad for an anticholinergic and funny that it was "discovered" by the patients.
Never even thought of trying a large dose.
Thorazine is Chlorpromazine not Haloperidol. If that's what you were saying. Unless you were giving other examples, but it looks like you were calling it that.my bad if I'm wrong. Lol

Last edited:
If u count amanita or zolpidem id say that but they’re technically hypnotics. Anticholinergic deliriants have no value to me, and even the bravest psychonauts i know wont touch them.

They have medicinal value in their appropriate doses, but otherwise it’s pretty much asking for trouble imo.

Never took high dose of Amanita but at doses I did it it was in no way deliric just dissociative and relaxing. Certainly nice and something I’ll explore more.

Only thing I took in deliric dose was Datura, while I was a teenager, not exactly a pleasant experience, interesting in some aspects, maybe even profound, more so in subtle after-effects lasting months than during peak. I never again took any deliric in delirium inducing dose.

Smoked Belladona in combo with acid caused really unexpected effect, everything went black-and-white and time speed up, day and night passing many times in a minute, degrading and flourishing again many times in a minute.

Smoked Belladona with weed day after LSD always caused something that is what I guess could be best described as flash-backs, did that quite a few times when I began using LSD, might repeat that some time, but there was something dark in in that short flash-back like effects it produced.

And my last experience was low dose of mescaline cacti tea fortified with a really small amount of Datura seeds and it produced interesting and pleasant results, but have in mind it was in a dose that would produce no or minuscule effects only by itself though it gave me an idea why Datura might be relatively common additive in traditional ayahuasca.