• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What's the appeal of cocaine?

If you only have a small amount of beer is that less bad?
It much depends on how much of how pure coke you ingest. If 1 - 2 beers are enough to significant amount of methylphenidate to ethyl version and making so for a feeling that is in a sense slow-release and with less intense come up and peak than doing combo of methylphenidate, ethylphenidate and booze.
With coke ethyl metabolite is more toxic than coke, but not even that much (there are still more cardiotoxic RCs, I would say quite a few quite popular). But ethyl metabolite and cocaine itself in combo make up for significant cardiotoxic effects (more so than most RCs). And I don't think there is really a way to avoid that unless drinking after several half-hours passed.

That isn't nearly of concern for recreational users as is for addicts and regular users.

It doesn't take much. I had been doing coke, then had a nonalcoholic beer. It was plenty to make it way more euphoric
If that is really not placebo it could explain why I love eating coke so much. Part of it seemed as HR cuz of huge nose damage at doses I used but that still wouldn't be enough if it wasn't rally good high and when I would eat it (often at occasion not appropriate for snorting coke) I was drinking along, often before and after doing a few capsules with coke.

I know this is an old thread, but I lived through the carpet bombing of America with coke in the 80s. And this was essentially super coke in that it had not been cut when you had the right sources. If you lived through it, you know what appeal of real coke. Having said that, I am sure many, many people who thought they were doing Cocaine in recent years were, in fact, not. As over time, the majority of street coke is highly adulterated. Pure cocaine isn't about "energy" or "hyperactivity" but is capable of creating a god-like sense of euphoria that while required redosing quite frequently, it was about as euphoric as a drug could be. And almost created a sense of grandiosity that is hard to describe. It's why back in the day, so many people were addicted to it ,and back then a gram was 100 bucks and and 8 ball was 300. But with pure coke? A little bit goes a long way. The more hands it touches, the less coke you get. Now, you have people created garbage concoctions of chemicals, call it "Coke", it is nothing of the sort. In fact, aside from not wanting it any longer, you couldn't pay me to ingest the "street coke" of the day. In fact, anything that comes from any source at this stage of the game may not be anything you think it is. And as time goes on, it will all get worse. And greed and shitty people will ensure that.

The people will remember the pink and yellow coke that was common back then and when you got it, you know it. And it was before recon rock became common, where people added cut and then compressed it to make it into rock form again. Back in the day, you could buy an ounce of pure coke that was literally all one piece. And back then, a half a gram of coke might last you an entire afternoon and evening. It was never perfect and it has its down sides of course, but pure coke is pretty insanely good. It's one reason why it is so psychologically addictive to many people. But like all drugs, as you lose control and build a tolerance, the side effects become unmanageable. And of course it is very bad for your cardiovascular system.

Last edited:
Can any coke fans explain what you get out of it and why you pay so much for it? It's a drug that's always left me thinking "I just paid £100 for ten fucking minutes feeling hyper".

Thanking you.

Euphoria when it's good. For me, I was homeless off and on for three or four years and in the homeless hostels I'd sometimes stay in EVERYBODY there was addicted to either coke or H [I wasn't, as it happens, but I was an alcoholic and addicted to prescription pills, including oxy I blagged a prescription for, fentanyl patches I had a prescription for and methadone I got free from a clinic)...out of boredom/depression and also because while I'm not like movie-star attractive I'm like a 7 probably but in these places I was a fuckin' 10 lol (mostly because the bar was set so low lmao) and so people liked how I looked and would offer me free drugs if I spent time with them [that's not a euphemism, literally just take the drugs with them and hang out with them]...they often ask me to hang in their room with them and share a lot of coke with me, hoping the coke would make me high/horny enough to fuck them (and sometimes it would)....I was never addicted to coke and it would never be my first choice because it's SO expensive and the high is SO short. Even when injecting, it only lasts an hour still....but it would make me very happy for a short time, give me energy and make me not wanna eat (a big plus back then).

Euphoria when it's good. For me, I was homeless off and on for three or four years and in the homeless hostels I'd sometimes stay in EVERYBODY there was addicted to either coke or H [I wasn't, as it happens, but I was an alcoholic and addicted to prescription pills, including oxy I blagged a prescription for, fentanyl patches I had a prescription for and methadone I got free from a clinic)...out of boredom/depression and also because while I'm not like movie-star attractive I'm like a 7 probably but in these places I was a fuckin' 10 lol (mostly because the bar was set so low lmao) and so people liked how I looked and would offer me free drugs if I spent time with them [that's not a euphemism, literally just take the drugs with them and hang out with them]...they often ask me to hang in their room with them and share a lot of coke with me, hoping the coke would make me high/horny enough to fuck them (and sometimes it would)....I was never addicted to coke and it would never be my first choice because it's SO expensive and the high is SO short. Even when injecting, it only lasts an hour still....but it would make me very happy for a short time, give me energy and make me not wanna eat (a big plus back then).
Where I am at times there's coke such that it isn't worth doing even when it's free. But real good coke isn't unknown.

One, mostly coke addict I knew was always claiming how most people in his city doing coke are in fact people who are in tough financial situation, be it cuz of coke or something else. He sometimes worked in a marine and there was plenty of rich cokeheads ofc.
Things changed since than, coke got more spread out some circles and I feel hardly any user who isn't heavily addicted considers it a hard drug. This didn't happen many years before cuz in the past there really wasn't a lot coke in this country. And I think it was usually seen along side heroin more often than now with various party drugs.

Above is an absolute must-have paper which covers the QSAR of every class of psychostimulant that shares it's activity with the prototype - cocaine.

The other prototype is obviously amphetamine. What some people miss is that desoxypipradrol and homologues, nomifensine and homologues, aminorex and homologues and indeed the cathinones and it's 1,2-diaryl-2-amino-ethan-1-one derivatives are all ultimately derived from the amphetamine scaffold.

It IS a big paper but it's immensely useful because it's got a vast number of great citations.

Non alcoholic beer will not be enough to raise alcohol levels, even ones that are 0.5%. sorry I thought you were making a joke on the placebo effect, my bad.
0.5% is still some alcohol. Think about how many milligrams that is, when its in the system together it still has enough to undergo the reaction to cocaethylene. I was actually surprised when it happened to me, it definitely was not placebo. Blood alcohol levels is related to degree of intoxication because of the low potency of ethanol for GABAa but that has nothing to do with its ability to undergo a reaction with another substrate in the system

0.5% is still some alcohol. Think about how many milligrams that is, when its in the system together it still has enough to undergo the reaction to cocaethylene. I was actually surprised when it happened to me, it definitely was not placebo. Blood alcohol levels is related to degree of intoxication because of the low potency of ethanol for GABAa but that has nothing to do with its ability to undergo a reaction with another substrate in the system
Thanks. I'd still question that you could feel 0.5% even if you had a few of them. The amount of beer needed for an effect would be bigger than your stomach if we re talking about beer n not spirits.

Also there are beers that are 0.05% so they really must be nil ( a banana is about 0.07% for reference)

It depends on the tissue distribution and where the reaction happens. Even at low levels they both get processed in the liver, stoichiometrically it makes sense because you only need one molecule of ethylene per molecule of cocaine

It depends on the tissue distribution and where the reaction happens. Even at low levels they both get processed in the liver, stoichiometrically it makes sense because you only need one molecule of ethylene per molecule of cocaine

I was aware that transesterification apparently favours the formation of methyl or ethyl esters (from longer alcohols) but won't the liver oxidize such small quantities of alcohol quite quickly? I believe that the liver metabolises (via oxidation) roughly 10 grams of ethanol per hour so I would imagine their wouldn't be much scope for transesterification unless their is quite an excess of ethanol - unless their is a specific enzyme that actively 'removes' ethanol via esterification (which I honestly don't know one way or the other).

Can any coke fans explain what you get out of it and why you pay so much for it? It's a drug that's always left me thinking "I just paid £100 for ten fucking minutes feeling hyper".

Thanking you.

I only did it once and it was pure (the source was trustworthy). I enjoyed the euphoria and the energy, but I was disappointed with how short lasting it was. It also gave me a frontal headache the lasted the better part of the next day, along with some brain fog. So I decided, not worth it.

I can see how the short-lived effect is actually preferred, now that I've done things like LSD which lasts for up to 12 hours in my case. If it's your drug of choice, it must be nice to just take bumps and make your high last exactly as long as you want to, then go about your day.

For me the high of coke was kind of low vibe and not spiritual and I guess that's what ultimately turned me off of it.

I was aware that transesterification apparently favours the formation of methyl or ethyl esters (from longer alcohols) but won't the liver oxidize such small quantities of alcohol quite quickly? I believe that the liver metabolises (via oxidation) roughly 10 grams of ethanol per hour so I would imagine their wouldn't be much scope for transesterification unless their is quite an excess of ethanol - unless their is a specific enzyme that actively 'removes' ethanol via esterification (which I honestly don't know one way or the other).
Personally I had an excess of cocaine in my system already so it was likely available in the liver by the time I had the one 0.5% alcohol beer