What's Good About Life...

...realizing, even if temporarily, that perfection is a state of mind. That we are all perfect in our own imperfect little ways, and that is what makes us special and unique

Whats Good about Life:
YOY YOU YOU YOU***************PLURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Oh Reallllllieeee!!!!!!!!
love,light,music,happiness,sadness,peace,harmony,
connectiveness with all,GOD wihtin and without,Nature,waking up and smiling to a new day,enjoying conversations with friends,lovers,enemies that have found peace with thier enemies, facing fears with love,thinking thoughts of kindness and making kindness a reality
although sometimes I can be a real biiiiitch lol,
praying for heaven on earth and realises I am living it by just opening my chalkras and letting light in, facing evil and overcoming it with love,
and meeting everyone on bl that has brought me to this reality. Pray for peace, make it a reality,
let light radiate it's power of love in,it's been a long road but the two roads come together and
BLEND AS ONE
Much Peace,
Pluurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*
[edited for lenght of *'s]
[ 25 June 2002: Message edited by: braincandie ]

Originally posted by nephil:
...realizing, even if temporarily, that perfection is a state of mind. That we are all perfect in our own imperfect little ways, and that is what makes us special and unique
Everything like perfection, being attractive etc I view as a state of mind, I think the mind is the most important thing and what you see in your mind is reflected to others through how you appear.

Nice thread! I liked it so much I registered. There are some brilliant people that post on bluelight, I needed to be reminded how a few kind or insightful words can make somebody's day.
What's good about life?
How about those fleeting moments when you make a connection with somebody -- anybody -- and you feel less alone in this universe than the moment before. I live for those moments.
Oh yeah... a cold beer on a hot summer night... mmmmmgood.
Keith

What's good about life?
My persistent belief that the individual is all and the state is nothing.
The current condition of the world would suggest otherwise, but what makes my life better is the belief that you and I together, can implement radical change.

Whats good about life?
Everything and if it isnt good then it reminds me of the things that are good so it must be good anyway.
[ 26 June 2002: Message edited by: masheadatronic ]

Distinguishing between external drugs we inject snort or shoot and the internal ones that are produced when we have sex fall in love etc.. really isn't valid.
Also this thread seems incredibly unhelpfull. In short this thread seems to merely taunt unhappy people with the happiness of others.
Relax and don't cling so tightly to your ambitions and then when you fail you are not so unhappy.
Are you kidding me? If you think there is no difference between the feelings produced from drugs and those from relationships, then you have obviously never been in love before and you have never had meaningful sex either.
And I don't think the purpose of this thread is to taunt unhappy people. It's to remind them of all the little things in life that they tend to take for granted, like a beautiful sunset, or the girl that smiles as you walk by. The sun sets on happy people and unhappy people alike.
If you never fail at anything in life, then how do you grow and improve yourself as a person? Only perfect people never fail and don't need to improve at anything, and to be honest, I don't know any perfect people.
I'm really not trying to flame anyone, but I strongly disagree with these comments. They seem more suited for a "What's bad about life" thread.
"Man is not disturbed by events, but by the view he takes of them" - Epictetus

* That first glass of chilled white wine on a Friday night
* Other stuff that follows on Friday nights!
* Semi-waking in the middle of the night to find my boy and I are sleeping with arms and legs wrapped around each other
* Snuggling up in pj's watching my favorite TV show with a big bowl of ice-cream
* Being absorbed in a really, really good novel
* Seeing my name in print (freelance articles)
*PAYRISES! (got one this week - yay!)
* Sushi
* Backyard barbecues with friends in summer
* Sticky date pudding
* Live concerts with your favourite band
* Going home to mum's for Christmas & realising you're still 10 years old at heart
* Hot baths, body lotion, perfume
* Looking forward to my holiday in Vanuatu in September...
* Reading old diaries
* Hotel breakfast buffets. Dinners out. Fresh peaches and strawberries with yogurt
* Finding the perfect piece of clothing, 75% off, just before a big night out.
* Loooooooooong weekends
jeez life aint so bad after all....!
SLM

Thanks Abra but I have been in love and had sex in a meaningfull relationship. You know what, rolling the first time blew all that shit out of the water. Not because I did not love my girlfriend of several years or not had much joy in my life beforehand but suddenly I felt love and euphoria that quite simply transcended everything I had ever felt before.
Okay now this may be a somewhat depressing comment on life to some people but it doesn't change it being true.
As to reminding people about the good things in life I agree this is a great thing to do to chear up your friend who is having an unhappy spell. You remind them oh yah, there are alot of good things I enjoy why am I dwelling on this minor bad thing. Now maybe I am way off here but the original post seemed to indicate a deeper and longer term depression. In any case it is the people who are really depressed (and not just having a bad day) who we should be more concerned about (the people having a bad day will get over it pretty soon anyway).
In my experience (both with friends and personally) these things don't cheer up people who are suffering from longer lasting depression/depressive episodes. The very fact that they are depressed for a significant amount of time suggests they aren't getting full enjoyment out of these things. Either they lack them in their life and you point it out to them or they simply fail to make them happy as they do with other people (in fact I think a hallmark of true depression is precisecly this failure to recieve enjoyment from normal aspects of life).
In the same way that being around a cheery person is great to get you out of a minor funk but is just irritating when things are going really bad pointing out these things in life which you find enjoyable but they are for some reason unable to enjoy will just alienate and depress them further.
I know this has certainly been the case for me at times in the past. I may just be weird though and completly off the ball here (in which case delete my post so my bad vibes don't rub off) but from talking to people who are really depressed I would guess this to be a common reaction.
Ohh and I fully agree with your comment about only perfect people never fail. This was part of the point I was trying to make. You will fail at things (and hopefully in doing so learn) that is why it is important not to take that failure too seriously.
[ 27 June 2002: Message edited by: quale ]

Hi There,
I agree with what someone said - at times there are loads of things great and at other times - nothing.
At the moment though there are so many things good about life
Here are some
* Love (obvious i know but no harm restating it)
* friends
* laughter - who can beat a good laugh? (when we can laugh that is - not to be taken for granted!)
* the smell of freshly cut grass (lawn that is!!)
* smell of good food!
* music that means something to you!
* Tea - a nice cup of tea on a cold day!!!!
* Being in by the fire when it is freezing outside!!!
* This board (i know it sounds strange but i have been doing nights in Sydney recently and it can be wild boring and lonely. I read this board and it nearly always brings a smile to my face.)
Thanks guys
[ 28 June 2002: Message edited by: Buzz_light_year ]

My girl friend..
I don't know.. whats good in life is just being at one with nature.. away from the glow and smog of the city... Away from the things that hurt.. and the things that sting.. Just to be alone.. or with someone you love.. thats is what is good about life... Also.. Music

~music
~knowing that you don't have to get up in the morning
~the fresh smell of flowers
~knowing that I made someone else smile
~knowing that someone is thinking about you tonite
~Knowing that I live with my best friend
~my kitty cat
~my computer*it keeps me sane sometimes

what's great about life?? those little moments when you just take a step back and realize everything is perfect... I don't know how to explain it but I'm sure you all know what I'm talkign about...
...oh ya and a good lay for sure.

~Feeling true LOVE for the first time
~beeing with your friends and loved ones
~New experiences
~Perfect days, without anxiety
~Movies :) And homecinema
~Videogames
~Ineresting discussions
~Going outside, feeling the warm sun hit your face
~Walking out in the woods, feeling the frsh air bringing energy to your lounghs
~Living without feeling bad and not having anxiety (Alltough rarely for me :(