• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

What's Good About Life...

To realize that there is one person I had neglected and (alomost) forgotten. Someone who needs to be loved, respected, treasured.
To realize that, no matter what has been done in the past, it is always possible to forgive this person and be in peace.
To understand that this person is precious and unique, because of his good qualities and in spite of his defects.
This person is myself.
Love yourself, because you are the most important thing in your life. Love yourself first, then worry about being loved by others.
Be nice to yourself, protect yourself (this doesn't mean to be conceited or self-centered, just to value yourself for what you are: an amazing creature)

Life is great when you gain perspective on things you hadn't had before
* the sound of a thunderstorm
* flannel sheets on a chilly day
* being able to voice your opinions
* having a job where I can tell mean fukks to piss off :) hehe
Let Love Rule

Mysterious memories that you know occurred... and when Ludacris (or anyone) says "biznAss"

~the smell after it rains
~running around in the rain in a tank top and shorts, barefoot on grass
~helping someone feel better about themselves
~love
~impressing yourself
~laying down looking at the sky watching life pass you by
~walking into a crystal clear lake
~watching kids enjoy life
~imagination
~the first snowfall
~looking out the window of your house on Christmas Eve and seeing all the happy children and the beautiful lights.
~birth
~music
~feeling
~*Jenna*~

i'd have to say besides rollin', my job is my life(forestry firefighter). cuz i get to see half of the motha-fuckin' mountain burn down to ashes. it's truely amazing to see 50ft flames comin' right at cha with such intense heat&smoke. i get hell of an adrenalin rush from working in a crazE environment. U are kinda like natural high U know. also all my co-workers are fuckin' awesome(great ppl). i give my life to fire-service.

What's good about life is comin home and seein your dog(s) (if you have any) shaking their tail completely happy to see you. I swear I look forward to just being able to see and play with my two dogs. Its the little things in life that are enjoyable. I think that as I get older I appreciate these things more.
Remy

The lil' things, first kiss, dance, job, drive in a car, graduation, and you now the rest :p

What's good about life? The smallest positive social interactions.
The checkout cashier that smiled a little broader than I expected - and that little ego boost that accompanied it.
The pretty girl who grabbed my hand by accident when we both reached for coffee lids at the local coffee shop. "I held your hand!" "You're beautiful. You're allowed." BIG smile after that.
Telling a girl, "You've got this big, friendly smile. It makes my day." And finding out she just finished having heavy repair work done following an accident - and I just made her year.
Puppies. 'Nuff said.
Incidently - the positive moments are often the ones YOU start.

Damn, so many things to list.
Love, even just knowing it exists.
Writing.
The sun, in particular sunsets and sunrises.
Music.
Sleeping with your arm around someone.
Hot drinks.
Bright colours.
Movies.
Beauty.
Kisses.
Adrenaline rushes. (Drug?)
Touch.
Remember that you can see good in any situation, beauty in any situation, it's all perception and choice.
-plaz out-

hmmmmmm. deep question. that depends on what life your living. i used to be a full blow heroin addict and drug abuser for years so ive really forgot what life is. a activly drug addicted life certainly isnt too fun i mean when your on drugs your not yourself they steal you away and send you too afghanistan airmail n shit. now life on a sober note is a different story. Im clean and sober today no drugs drink whippets nuttin and im here to say life is dope. life is dope because today i can do what i wanna do. Drugs dont have to make my descisions for me. i.e. where im going what im doing or who im hanging out with. Life is dope because it is what we make it. focus on what you enjoy and do it. If your not having a good time in life thats your problem and you shouldnt even being asking that question. there is a whole world out there to do what you enjoy. CARPE DIEM! in other words live it one day at a time if got one foot in tomorrow and oen in yesterday your pissin all over today. im a nerd who will shut his yap now. -peaces-

:) :D :) :D :)
There are so many good things about life. I just had to bump this thread.
How about when the late afternoon sun is shining down on long green grass and its tinting the edges gold, the trees are in sillhouette and you can feel the cool breeze on your back, and the suns warmth on your face. The clouds look like they've been painted onto the sky and its a million miles above you on a huge upside down bowl. The butterflies and insects are being lit up by the sun and you can watch the dust showing the sunbeams where they're broken up by the trees.
Its so beautiful. I had to add it to this thread.
Thanks. :D
-plaz out-

^^^^puffy puffy clouds, everything mentioned and more than the eye can see and the heart can feel!
Awesome post-Peace :)
[ 24 June 2002: Message edited by: nvr2old ]

Waking up at 6am on a summer sunny day, going to the park and watching the world wake up.

Drugs are a nice thing to enhance life but there are also other things that make life fun...
cooking, food, music, dancing, writing, reading...find something you're passionate about and do it!